Anyone had their thyroid checked?

LouiseB

Reaction score
I know a few of you ladies have had blood works etc but i wondered if anyone had had their thyroid checked?

My husband has been feeling the cold and so looked up to see what it could be and somehow came back telling *ME* that maybe *I* had a thyroid problem :roll:

Specifically hypothyroidism...

Here are the symptoms and i'll highlight the ones that apply:

• feeling tired and sleeping a lot
  • feeling the cold easily
  • dry and/or pale skin
  • coarse, thinning hair and brittle nails
  • sore muscles, slow movements and weakness
  • a hoarse or croaky voice
  • a change in facial expression
  • depression
  • problems with memory and concentration
  • weight gain
  • constipation
  • fertility problems and increased risk of miscarriage (DON'T KNOW)
  • heavy, irregular or prolonged menstrual periods
  • a slow heart rate
I was just wondering if it was part of normal bloodworks when considering fertility treatment and if anyone had symptoms but didn't have a problem with their thyroid?

hi Louise

i have never had a test as part of fertility but i have been tested for it. i had a lump on my thyroid and had an operation to take away half of the thyroid. i feel more healthy than ever! they can tell if you have thyroid problems from a very simple blood test so i would request one if you are worried, many many people suffer with it although i don't think the symptoms you have hi-lighted are screaming it out but you don't need all of them to be a sufferer (not sure if that's a word?!). the reason i was tested was because i had a huge lump in my neck, had the croakey voice and the thinning hair and brittle nails, in the past i have been prone to weight gain but that's also a symptom of pcos. xxx

I'm thinking I should get tested for this! I have a LOT of the symptoms and I've got a lump on my neck, its been there years. Had the lump since I was 16 and docs tested me for cancer and lukemia but got given the all clear, never had my thyroid tested tho. Oh you've got my thinking now! lol Maybe a trip down the surgery! x

Hi Hun,

The tests i'm having are blood tests for PCOS and the doctor mentioned checking how the thyroid was working.

I think checking any hormone levels gives an indication as to how the thyroid is working.

I know you are good at researching things but try not to stress yourself out reading too much into and worrying about things.

xx

Yea same as maybe, when I had bloods done to check everything ok, they did thyroid in with those, they didn't go into any detail & just said everything was ok when results came back. You could ask for it to be done if your concerned though :)

Yes, I've had tests for thyroid as part of fertility testing. I had/have most of the symptoms you've highlighted and my tests came back fine. Advice they gave me was to take some Iron supplements (spatone are good) but do ask your Dr if you're worried, apparently thyroid can be sorted fairly easily tho. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back