Anyone else in their 40s?

Sunflower1

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is TTC in their forties? I'm 40 and turning 41 in two months and really panicking that it's not going to happen. Apparently a lot of the fertility stats for women in their 40s and over 35 is totally out of date and either from the 1950s or based on 1850s data from rural France! And lots of women are having babies in their 40s. So I'm trying to stay hopeful!

Me ! I'm 44, been ttc for 20 months no luck ��, I will give up when I am 45 so not many months left. I caught easy in my early and mid thirties, just can't seem to catch now. Good luck hun xx

Last edited:
Thanks for replying. Good luck! I really hope it happens for you. People are having them later and later. Hugs.

Yes me, I'm also 44. Got pregnant for the first time in August but have just miscarried.

There are a few over 40s on here.

Are you ttc your first?

I am 43 , had a little girl at 41 . I haven't been on in a while as had a lot going on. Having an interesting cycle so thought I would pop back say hi. X

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for replying. Good luck! I really hope it happens for you. People are having them later and later. Hugs.

Thanks hun, I've pretty much given up, adopted the opinion that if it happens it does, if not at least we tried x

Hi I think I'm the oldest one here. LOL! No don't give up! I also think a lot of what they say about women over 40 is out of date. Out of curiosity I googled pregnant at 47 yrs old to see how many women got pregnant at 47 like me and oh my goodness! The page was full of women's stories of successfully conceiving and carry a child to term at 47. So it's possible, don't give up. :good: I like this headline from one news story: 47 and pregnant: The new baby boom on the rise. The lady in this story said she had been on the pill for 25 years, got off of it and was pregnant in 8 days. LOL that's what happened with me, I decided to get married after years of living as a nun, had sex for the first time 5 months ago and I'm 5 months pregnant! Here's the link: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...egnant-the-new-baby-boom-on-the-rise/26062362 So don't give up hope! :)

Hi all, great that there are more 40 somethings on here.

Syd43, it's a good sign that you got pregnant but so sorry you miscarried. I hope you get pregnant again soon. And yes I am trying for my first. I have wanted kids for ever but life and illness got in the way. It's still not an ideal time for us but we thought its now or never.

Augustus, that's really encouraging to hear you had a baby at 41, thanks for replying. Gives me hope.

Lilith, that's a really good attitude to have. So much of it seems to be luck. I hope it happens for you. I read about a woman recently at 47 who had given up and was just getting on with her life and she suddenly discovered she was pregnant!

Papermoon, yes it's all really out of date. Plus I dont think the NHS want us all to think it's possible otherwise it could create more work for them. They don't treat women over 40 for fertility problems where I live as they don't have the money. That headline is awesome...that really gives me hope. And wonderful that you are pregnant at 47...I'm hearing about women in their late 40 getting pregnant more and more. Congrats!

Another over 40 here!! I started TTC around Feb 2013 caught after a few months but mc then got pregnant again last year and mc again :( I had a little break after my last mc as it was all getting too much, ttc is all consuming! I like to read about women over 40 getting pregnant naturally and having a healthy pregnancy as it gives me hope. Gooc luck! x

Hi
I'm 42. Took about 6 months to get pregnant, but sadly had a missed miscarriage at my 12 week scan last month.
I'm hoping to start trying again in a month or two.
Good luck to you all x

Hi everyone, it is good to know there are other women in the 40s ttc.

Sorry for your losses Syd kautostar and staces13 . I hope you are ok and wish you well for the future. ttc is such a difficult journey. Hugs to you xxxx

Papermoon, the article was really inspiring . Loved it.

Hi lillith, I think it's good to stay positive in thought and I wish you well.

I have decided this month to change my thinking so instead of thinking oh no I won't be pregnant I have adopted the thought hey I could be, why not. Think I had let my age get me down. along with a difficult year, I have found ttc this year harder than ever.

Where are you all in your cycles? Do any of you use opks? Or take vitamins etc? X

Hi everyone, it is good to know there are other women in the 40s ttc.

Sorry for your losses Syd kautostar and staces13 . I hope you are ok and wish you well for the future. ttc is such a difficult journey. Hugs to you xxxx

Papermoon, the article was really inspiring . Loved it.

Hi lillith, I think it's good to stay positive in thought and I wish you well.

I have decided this month to change my thinking so instead of thinking oh no I won't be pregnant I have adopted the thought hey I could be, why not. Think I had let my age get me down. along with a difficult year, I have found ttc this year harder than ever.

Where are you all in your cycles? Do any of you use opks? Or take vitamins etc? X

I'm 8dpo, I don't tend to symptom spot. Blimey errm it's more like what haven't I tried, for me nothing made any difference, some things I've tried are, bee pollen, macca powder, royal jelly, wheat grass powder, grapefruit juice, beetroot juice, raspberry leaf tea, conception and pregnancy vitamins, Ubiquinol, folate and agnus castus.
I am now just taking Boots multi vitamin and minerals, folate, Ubiquinol and agnus castus lol. xx

I am 43 , had a little girl at 41 . I haven't been on in a while as had a lot going on. Having an interesting cycle so thought I would pop back say hi. X

I'm intrigued Augustus, what is your interesting cycle. ? x

That is an impressive list lillith. Likewise I have tried a lot of things. I have learnt so much off the ladies on here over the years. The only ones I haven't tried on your list are wheat grass ubiquinol and macca powder. I will look them up :)

This month i have gone au natural! Nothing at all. I don't seem to ovulate every month so gave up thinking about being pregnant the past few months. Packed away my opks and pregnancy tests and I have been fine.

Until i had a real sickly off day, bad mood, crampy day on the 13th. So I did an opk and then another that evening I am pretty sure they were positive. (I have kept them ) anyway we had already Dtd 11th, so continued 13th and 14th. now I am symptom spotting galore. X

Sorry for your losses Stacesl3 and Kautostar. That must be really hard. I hope you get pregnant again soon. It gives me hope that women in their 40s are getting pregnant.

Augustus, sorry you've had a bad year. TTC can be quite a strain can't it?

In terms of my cycle I think I am 5dpo. I use ovulations tests, an ovulation microscope, BBT, and CM tracking. I'm taking Spatone, which is iron-rich mineral water, folic acid, zinc, and doing lots of nutritional stuff like given up caffeine, sugar, dairy, MSG, aspartame and having lots of fertility friendly food.

I have spent months symptom spotting and so many times was convinced I was pregnant, so now I'm kind of assuming I won't be.

Good luck for this month...great that you ovulated!

That is an impressive list lillith. Likewise I have tried a lot of things. I have learnt so much off the ladies on here over the years. The only ones I haven't tried on your list are wheat grass ubiquinol and macca powder. I will look them up :)

This month i have gone au natural! Nothing at all. I don't seem to ovulate every month so gave up thinking about being pregnant the past few months. Packed away my opks and pregnancy tests and I have been fine.

Until i had a real sickly off day, bad mood, crampy day on the 13th. So I did an opk and then another that evening I am pretty sure they were positive. (I have kept them ) anyway we had already Dtd 11th, so continued 13th and 14th. now I am symptom spotting galore. X

Lol, so much for you going au natural and then getting the opks out hahaha, I am the same as you keep saying no more opks and end up buying 90 of them. I'm sure I don't ovulate every month either. I'm pretty sure we missed it this month, dtd on day of positive opk but had ov symptoms day before so think we were a day out. After my vitamins have all finished I will be joining you au natural. Good luck hun, I'm trying so hard not to symptom spot lol. xx

Last edited:
I'm 43 and trying for my first for 14 months now. I don't have a period every months so it's kind of hard to TTC I think Iv convinced myself I'll never get pregnant. It's really good to know about so many ladies having babies in there 40's. Good luck everyone x

I've just finished bleeding from my miscarriage so waiting to see how quickly my cycle gets back to normal.

Ubiquinol is key for ladies of our age I think, it's for egg health and you need to take for at least 3 months. I take a billion other vitamins and I also have acupuncture and reflexology.

I know how you feel Betty99 and wish you lots of luck.

Syd, I've never heard of that supplement...what's in it?

It's the more easily absorbed version of coq10. More expensive than coq10 but less is needed. There are some studies that say once you're over 40 coq10 doesn't really work anymore and you need to use Ubiquinol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back