40 day cycle--anyone else?

margaret

Reaction score
I monitored my cycle (for the first time in my life) in 2004 and my cycle ranged from 30-40 days, and in the last few months it has been around 40 days (even 42!).

Does anyone else have such a long and varied cycle? I just want to know that there are other women out there! And of course I'd love to find out how this is working out for you trying to conceive. The only thing my doctor said was that it's possible that I don't ovulate every month...great...

Thanks!

Hello, my husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past 8 months. We've been keeping track of the exact dates of my cycle and they're all 42 days apart. I've also heard from a few friends and family that maybe I'm just not ovulating every month. I go to see the dr. next month,so we'll see what happens. But it's definately not fun having such a long cycle.

Hi there

My longest cycle has been 52 days - i was past myself! However it seems to have been settling down again and is now anywhere between 33-38 days. I have been off the pill since July and I feel that my body is only beginning to "get back to normal" this month - I was woken in the night on thursday with the most awful period pains. My cycle this month was 35 days, but I have not had pains like these since before I started to take the contraceptive pill!

I used an OK last month and detected that I O at day 23 (my cycle then was 41 days so may be less this month) I have got more sticks for this month and am going to start testing from day 18 and hope for the best.

Fingers crossed to all who are ttc - lets hope April is our month!

But hey I agree, long cycles suck!!!

Hi

I have been on the pill for 9 years but previous to that my cycle would be over 40 days, and I would have af staying for up to 12 days (very much outstaying her welcome I say!)

I plan to ttc in October this year and wanted to stay on the pill right up to then - I have read confliciting advise that its ok to come straight off the pill and ttc other reading says come off the pill for at least 3 months then try...

What do people think - I just hope that when I stop taking the pill that my cycle of 9 years ago doesn't return! does anyone know if your original cycle returns after being on the pill for so long...?

Thanks
Angela

I had been taking the pill 10 years when I came off it - I came off it in July and have been TTC since. My friend who now has a 1 year old little girl came straight off the pill after being on it as long as I was and conceived in the first month so I guess it's down to the individual.

I can't really remember exactly how long my cycle was but I know it was very irregular, as it is now!! Last month was the first month that I was woken up with really really bad af pains and I remember having them 10 years ago - so am hoping that my body is adjusting back to how it was.

Hope I have been of some use?!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back