Absolutely terrified

MrsR

Reaction score
Confession time! I am absolutely terrified of having to have a section. I trust my body completely and I know that I can do natural labour, the natal hypnotherapy is wonderful and when I think about giving birth I'm so excited and relaxed about it but there's this tiny little niggle that once in a while will jump out from behind the sofa and go 'Raaaaaahhhhhhhh' and that's my fear of having to have a section. It terrifies me! I couldn't even begin to explain why to someone but I am actually more terrified of having a section than I am about the future operation I have to have done on my back! Someone help me?! x x :-(

Gosh hon, sorry can't help but didn't want to r&r.

I'm not remotely worried about having to have a section - whatever it takes to get the little lady out safely. Although it's probably because I've never given birth before so don't have a preference either way.

Hopefully you won't need one hon-is there any reason why you think you might? x

Helen I can totally sympathise and boy am I glad to find someone who feels this way. I have never wanted a section ever since I was old enough to know what one was and even more so since I got pg and found out that due to my SPD may have to face one! I don't have a clue what it is that gives me the willies, I think it's the idea of being cut open, of being awake whilst being cut open and not being able to move. I've never had an op and never been under sedation so the whole thing creeps me out. :( I will also mention that i'm scared of the dentists for similar reasons......

*HUGS*

xxx

Hi ladies, im also not keen on having a c-section and am hoping everything goes as swimmingly well as it has done so far (touch wood). I am hoping that the hypnobirthing classes really work and I have pinned a lot of hopes on it getting rid of any fear I have.

My first hypnobirthing class starts on Thursday - how did your classes go Helen?

I ant bear the thought of one either.. The thought of having the needle in my back is enough to scare me for life! I didn't really think about the possibility of having one till the midwife said my little boy was transverse... The thought quickly went out of my head as I refuse to even think about it properly yet!

Hey SKR_Derby I've just had my final hypnobirthing session. We talked about c sections today and I'm cool with it. Hypnobirthing has been one of the most amazing things I've ever done. It's helped me enormously with my fears but also brought me and my husband closer and has helped me reduce stress at work. You'll love it!

im not worried about having an acutual section but it so difficult after i dread the thought but i do understand because im very scared of being cut below episotmy i think it called we all have our fears how we get over them buggered if i know!

Oh lord me too, iv been even more afriad since getting induction datenas the MW kindly told me to come in prepped for theatre as inductions can go that way! Pleaseplease baby come before thursday!

Its the thought of the recovery whic i dont like. Then the catheter buisess. Oh no.

I have no reason to think that I might have to have one, especially since DD's birth was text book! I just am terrified! I dunno if the fear is coming from being cut open whilst awake and not actually being able to feel baby until he's in my arms or what!

It's not hypnobirthing that I'm practising, it's natal hypnotherapy. Very very similar except natal hypnotherapy is the uk 'equivelant' to hypnobirthing. I think they're quite similar in parts and different in others but idk as I've only experienced nh x also I'm only using the book and CDs rather than classes as we couldn't afford the classes.

I'm going to continue to think positive and keep envisioning the birth the way I want it like I have been doing and try to ignore any negative thoughts about having a section.

Here my mw won't check baby position until 36/37 weeks to avoid unnecessary panic about the fact they're not in the 'right' place which can stress out women. Also babies could be breech at 34 weeks and then turn at 35 go breech again at 36 and turn again before birth x I'm so glad I'm not alone in my fear, I've felt like it's a bit if a taboo to feel like this x

you know.. if i continue to be low risk i will give birth in a midwife led birthcentre. Closest hospital would take with car about 30 minutes.
My worry is that if something goes wrong, will ambulance (that ofcourse would take less time) get me to hospital in time for a safe arrival of Noa? :(
I trust the midwifes and im sure the monitor you closely and in any doubt the send you of. but it still scare me that what if something happends and its my fault cuz i choose to give birth there and not in hospital :(

I was petrified of having to have another section - by the time I was 9cms and not dilating further due to baby's head unable to go through my pelvis (he was looking up so presenting part was his face..) I was in so much pain from the back to back situation I was relieved to be told I had to have a section - it was no bother at all and to be honest 3 weeks later I feel amazing. I had no bruising and actually drove on Friday too. As for being awake that was fine too, I was so tired and even though I was pretty distraught about having the section it didnt enter my mind that they were operating on me! Whatever will be will be, you will deal with it as and when/if it happens xx

im terrified of having a section too but i feel this way about labour in general im due on friday and totally scared i know the baby has got to come out but im so scared because i dont know what to expect :( and my pain tolerance aint very good at the best of times if i get a little cut on my finger am totally crying for days or a little period pain im bent over so how the hell will i manage labour. Also when i was in hospital they gave me an internal i was so tence and terrified literally breaking my bf;s hand i couldnt handle it i was nearly crying afterwards as i just cant take it. So really what chance do i have lol

Last edited:
I felt exactly the same and made it very clear to anyone and everyone who would listen that unless the babys life was in danger, I did NOT want a section. When it came to crunch time I refused an epidural in case it gave them an excuse to get me into theatre. totally irrational thinking lead to an extremely painful ventouse delivery with no pain relief, which in hindsight was worse than a section would have been in the first place! Healing has proved to be a long, sore process and I found the experience to be extremely traumatic. I would still like to have at least one more child but definitely won't be fighting a setion at all costs next time as I can't help but think that I made things more difficult ultimately!

you know.. if i continue to be low risk i will give birth in a midwife led birthcentre. Closest hospital would take with car about 30 minutes.
My worry is that if something goes wrong, will ambulance (that ofcourse would take less time) get me to hospital in time for a safe arrival of Noa? :(
I trust the midwifes and im sure the monitor you closely and in any doubt the send you of. but it still scare me that what if something happends and its my fault cuz i choose to give birth there and not in hospital :(

They do monitor you really closely and won't hesitate to send you via ambulance asap. Also if you do need a section they will be in contact with the hospital so everything is ready for you when you arrive rather than waiting to set up theatre etc

Strangely I'm not worried about that as I know that the mw's have the ambulance on stand by and they bring resuscitation equipment with them just in case.

Thanks RM, that's kind of helped with my fear a little.

I guess we're afraid of what we have no experience of. For me I know what natural labour is like and it's the section that terrifies me!

even tho i will most probably be the most scared i have ever been going in to labour, i am really looking forward to it. It might sound crazy but at the moment im more scared of Noa then i am of labour.
Im quite looking forward to it accually.

Aw bless you x I'm not nervous about labour, I'm actually welcoming it because I know that it means Seb is on his way x you'll be great with Noa! Before I had DD I had never held a baby or changed a nappy! In fact I was never maternal and I actively avoided babies! DD changed all of that! It's so different when it's your own baby! Lol x

Weirdly I'm worried about having a baby with a partner with me as I was completely alone with DD and could do what I wanted and had her to myself but this time I know I have to 'share' and I think I'm going to find it hard! Lol

Hey Helen I had a c section with my first and to be honest can't even remember that much about it ha but I'm the other way round I'm absolutely petrified of a natural labour, they want me to try and have one and said they would monitor me but still I'm scared to death!!! My friend had a c section fir the second time and when I saw her I couldn't believe how well she looked two days after, she was with her other two kids in town and just walking around, I was like eh???? anyway don't panic were all gonna be fine :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you KJ x I'm starting to relax a bit more now about it x my biggest worry is that I won't bond if I have a section (absolute bollocks I know!) which is completely irrational x

My view is I'm doing everything I can to help prepare my body for a natural birth so if I do end up having a section I feel quite calm about the operation itself.

What I feel less calm about is if I am 2 weeks over and then have a c section as I am getting married 4 weeks after baby is due and (perhaps selfishly) don't want to have to remember my wedding day as a day of being sore and in pain. I know there is nothing I can do about it as baby will come when it's ready and there is no point planning things to the letter and stressing about it before it happens. This is where hypnobirthing has helped because I am a bit of a control freak and get quite anxious about things if I don't know when things are happening or what exact course they are going to take.

Don't worry Hun you will bond, I just remember staring at my lo and just wanted to eat him he was so cute, lol !!! I was just frustrated that I couldn't get to him at first!! You will be fine :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back