21 weeks to decide, but hit a wall already!

Toria111

Reaction score
So apparently we are having another girl! I've still got my name list from when my daughter was born 5 years ago. Here it is in order of my favourites

Everley
Alexa (Lexi)
Isabella (Bella)
Elise
Leah

My husband has turned his nose up at all of them. I had trouble getting Madeline past him when our daughter was born. She was nameless for 3 days!

Anyway, what do you all think? Only names Chris has come up with are Sophie and Emily. I like them both, but feel like he's just going with names of our friends kids as he's used to hearing them.

I really like Alexa actually - a nice variation!!

Sorry not much use if OH doesn't like it :wall2:

You have plenty of time to work on him though tee hee!

xxx

xxx

That's my plan! Lol. He keeps saying Alexa isn't a real name. I've got a good friend called Alexia, and he thinks he will call the baby the wrong name. If we call her Lexi, it won't matter!

Poor you! Lovely names! ( Not a fan of leah though ) My hubby loved Isabelle- but we hated the fact it would no matter how much we tried get abbreviated to Izzy! So as we decided if baby is a girl she's going to be Belle :)

Bella reminded me of twilight too much lol !

Bex, yeah I wouldn't want Isabella shortened to Izzy we would call her Bella. But I've gotta be talked out of Everley and Alexa before we cross that bridge.

Belle is lovely too. My new niece's name is Rosabel (Not sure where the got that name from), but they haven't decided if they will call her Rosie or Belle for short. So I've gotta be careful.

Everly is very unusual which i like!

Eloise is a variation on elise

Not a fan of belle, sophie or emily, too popular and too normal for me

Everly is very unusual which i like!

Eloise is a variation on elise

Not a fan of belle, sophie or emily, too popular and too normal for me

Im the same if a name is popular it put me right off, love Eloise Hate Lexi because its very popular around here, I like Everly. xx

My husband thinks people will mistake Everly/Everley for Beverly. I've got that in my head now! But I was thinkng we would call her Evie or Eve for short anyway.

xxx

That's my plan! Lol. He keeps saying Alexa isn't a real name. I've got a good friend called Alexia, and he thinks he will call the baby the wrong name. If we call her Lexi, it won't matter!

You can assure him it is a real name - I went to school with an Alexa!

Using Tapatalk so can't see siggies!

There's a little girl in my daughters class called Alexa too.

My sister's name is Alexa and I've never met another. We called her "Lexi or Lex" as kids. Lexi is quite common now

My sister's name is Alexa and I've never met another. We called her "Lexi or Lex" as kids. Lexi is quite common now

I don't know any Lexi's round where we live. Love that Alexa is a strong adult name, and Lexi is cute for a little girl.

Loving everley

My lo will be Alexandra Morgan - she will be called Lexie for short - the thing I love about Alexandra is there are so many possibilities for shortened names so she will be able to choose what she likes best when she gets older. Alexa is totally a name too

And I agree with a pp about importance of name that is strong for an adult - I love the name Evie but I couldn't imagine it on say a lawyer (don't get me wrong I'm sure there are lawyers called Evie!)

Loving everley

My lo will be Alexandra Morgan - she will be called Lexie for short - the thing I love about Alexandra is there are so many possibilities for shortened names so she will be able to choose what she likes best when she gets older. Alexa is totally a name too

And I agree with a pp about importance of name that is strong for an adult - I love the name Evie but I couldn't imagine it on say a lawyer (don't get me wrong I'm sure there are lawyers called Evie!)

Love Alexandra too, but it's my cousins name so was trying to find another variation.

You've read my mind with everything you've said!

I like Evie, that's why I thought Everley then shorten to Evie while she's young. Husband still not keen.lol

I love the name Alexa because it can be cute of a child, Lexi, and sophisticated for an adult, Alexa. You need to persuade your OH its a beautiful name! :)

Last edited:
I love the name Alexa because it can be cute of a child, Lexi, and sophisticated for an adult, Alexa. You need to persuade your OH its a beautiful name! :)

Working on it. At the end of the day he will let me decide, but I want him to like it too.

With our previous babies we have had a short list of names, then waited till baby was here and decided what suited best.

My sister is Alexa, I like it and so does she. We both dislike Lexi though. Neither of us have come across another one either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back