And then there were 2 :)

well ive not been around for a while, its rare i get on the laptop lately!

So, lets start with an update on the sprogs, Elise is doing well academically, shes reached all her targets in all subjects and is best in reading :) her behaviour at home has gone down the pan a little bit, shes very gobby, speaks to me like poo mainly, id probably compare her to a teenager at the moment, never does as shes told, constantly winding her sister up...so yea thats Elise!

Elexis is also doing brilliantly, she has started to talk in sentences now and actually does as she is told, so if she makes a mess and i ask her to tidy up she will do, and she usually tidies her sisters mess too! her sleeping is much better sometimes she will wake crying in the night twice max, but i just leave her as its a short outburst and shes straight back off to sleep, she usually goes 6:30-7pm while similar time the next day! She has started getting a little mischievous and likes to have a bit of a paddy if she doesnt get her own way, but thats terrible two's approaching and it wont be forever lol...she hopes!

I have been doing slimming world for the last 5 weeks, starting weight 12st 6lbs, been so down in the dumps about my weight and it just not shifting, thought i'd give this ago and its fab, im always full, can eat a lot of what i love, have a good treat day on a saturday and in that 5wks i have lost a stone, feeling so much better for it, want to ideally get down to 10st if not just a tad less but im just happy to have gotten out of the 12st mark!

I applied for a job around 5 weeks ago, had interview a week on thursday ago got offered the job the friday after that and started last thursday...and i hate it! As it was advertised, support worker aiding those with learning disabilities to live independently so that they can be intergrated back into the community to live relatively normal lives! Thought ok, id love to help them cook and clean and learn them how to do things or themselves, started...totally different, all those that im working with are mainly autistic and suffer with epilepsy or other debilitating illnesses which means that they cannot live on their own, they need constant care, bathing, their meals cooked for them...everything, and the lady they have paired me up with is peg fed (although i cant have anything to do with this at the moment) she has to have 2ml of water at a time as she doesnt produce saliva but if given too much she can drown and die, they have given me the role of giving her water :shock: also, she likes to slap, nip, kick and scratch you as well as headbutting and barging you out the way, so on my first day i really did feel like walking out, i hated it, i got home and i cried, i didnt want to go back the next day, first day was a 12hr shift, the following day i started at 2pm and and finished at 9:30pm was a much quieter day, this lady spent most of her day in bed, another service user who is also quite demanding and spits and lashes out had had a seizure and so slept most the day and when he was awake he was very docile and quiet, so that was a better day! Tomorrow, im working a 14hr shift, ive said this shift will decide whether i stick or quit, if i can get through this shift i can hack it until something else comes up otherwise i'm walking, its really not for me, i dont get attacked at home and i will not be paid minimum wage to get attacked at work!!! Kinda dreading tomorrow but we shall see, i may be pleasantly surprised like i was friday!
So i worked for 2 days had this weekend off, but had my half bro here to sleep over and its been so so stressful id rather have been at work, all they have done is misbehave, cry, argue, fight and generally not done as they are told, so there will be no more sleepovers, all i wanted was a nice chilled weekend to recover from my horrid ordeal at work and ive not even had that! pissed off just doesnt cover it!! All i seem to have done is shout and tell off and ive had enough!!!!

Anyway, thats my update and rant for the day...im gonna spend a good solid hour in the bath soon and try and forget about the world and my woes just for a teeny bit!!!

xxx

Hi lovely how did you get on?Its horrible to feel that you hate your job as you spend so much of your time at work. Sounds tough and like you say not the job they advertised! have you made any decisions?
Sounds like Elise is a handful at the moment to, but obs shes a smart little ladyand oushing the boundaries alk the time. You stick to your guns lovley and make sure she knows where the line is.
Let us know how you get on , hope you have a much better week this week and are having a relaxing weekend!!
love D

well hat 14 hour shift that bank holiday monday was awful...worse than my first day! The lady that likes to lash out was in a lot of pain due to infection had to give her water every 15mins and every 15 mins i got a slap or a kick and they were a lot more forceful than my first day, she slapped me so hard on my chest i had a red hand print there for a while, so i got battered all day and then bath times came along and one of of the service users didnt want to go in the bath, so he was that way out, walks up to me and spits in my face which went in my eye and hair! i was told to go into the kitchen area out the way! All i had was staff coming to me bitching about others (probably because i was the new girl) i got left with 2 of the worst service users by myself at one point, it was just horrendous, so i decided not to go back, i thought that in reality id probably have more bad days than good and that i would only get myself upset at the thought of going to work, and when i got my rota for the month i was on a lot of 12-14 hour shifts with not very many days off, i was hardly seeing the kids as it was on the days i worked, so yeah it wasnt for me! Gotta ring about another job Monday so we will see what comes of that!

Elise is still pushing the boundaries but ive been sticking to my guns, she has a chore list now and limited time on the computer, i set homework type questions for her every school night so i think were getting some sort of routine in order for her which i think will do her some good instead of doing what she wants when she wants and thinking she can get away with murder!

Elexis is also pushing the boundaries lately too, she thinks its ok to go and slap her dad in the face and pulls at his hair even when she is told no. Funnily enough she doesnt do it to me! She has also started spitting on things for some reason and again, you tell her not to do it and she just continues so not too sure on how to deal with that! And she has also become a little bit of a bugger with the kitten, picking her up with her head, caught her kicking her the other day and then caught her trying to stand on her/stamp on her..not too sure which as i caught her just as she was about to do either one! Shes into everything too, always in the blumming cupboards or drawers, i havent bothered with the cupboard locks etc as shes been really good with that side of things but lately..sheesh!! So yeah, all fun and games here lately haha!!

xx

Little ladies 2nd birthday sure did come around quickly! we didnt do anything for it last weekend as we didnt have much money so this morning we took Elexis and Elise to the soft play with Elises friend and their 3 cousins and uncle, then we went for dinner afterwards at the pub, everyone had a lovely time especially Elexis!
Back home now and commencing potty training. Its been going on for some time but just this last week decided to try her in pants in the house, after day 1 she got the hang of pulling them up and down for the potty and hasnt had many accidents in them.
We also took the side of the cot off on Tuesday, she got her knee wedged yet again, so now it has been transformed into her toddler bed at long last and shes doing fab in it, if she does get out she is quick to put herself back in there and has only fallen out once...well im assuming she fell out, i checked on her and found her half asleep half under the bed :lol:
Her talking has come on leaps and bounds lately, you can quite easily hold a conversation with her, she loves to brush your hair and tries to put a bobble in hehe!
We have started giving her drinks in plastic beakers now without lids, shes drinking less at last and therefore not peeing quite as much lol!
Shes a right little character now!
Her last Health visitor check went well, she allowed her to weigh her and measure her, shes gone down a centile but i guess with how quickly she jumped through them as a baby that was bound to happen!

As for me, ive been having really bad back problems that have been radiating into my front and ive had spotting with it at times, went to the docs, she did an internal and took some swabs, i have to go for a scan on 7th July to see if anything is occurring and if all those tests come back ok then they are referring me for physio on my back!
Also been applying for more jobs, not heard anything as of yet though!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back