And then there were 2 :)

deedee84

Reaction score
on 21/06/12 i gave birth to our 2nd daughter :) she was born at 21:09 and weighed 7lb 2oz and we have named her Elexis Joy Barraclough!
This little lady completes our family and has made our other daughter a very proud big sister even if the journey has been hard, having talk after talk about behaviour because of the "new baby" but i think we have finally got there!

We came home from hospital last friday afternoon, our new family member has settled in well and most nights just wakes the once for a feed...its very rare shes awake atm, which is to be expected i guess, nothing phases her what so ever, in fact in labour and dduring the delivery her heart rate never changed, she never woke for any of the checks etc and only let out a small cry for the heal prick test on Wednesday, shes just a little diamond!

Lexi got weighed at 5 days old and to the suprise of the midwife had gained 3oz so she now weighs 7lb 5oz :)

We also got her registered today so i think all in all were pretty much up to date with everything! Our other daughter Elise who is 5 is still having some issues, craving attentions etc but were getting there!

And thats the start of my journal :)

xx

had a good night with our little lady last night, last feed was 11pm, she woke at 12:50pm but that was for a bum change and then she woke at 2:30am for her feed and that was it then until 5:30am, usually after her feed at that time on a morning we get up, i get her in her swing and catch an hours kip myself on the sofa as for some reason she wont sleep in her moses basket when its daylight, but i guess in a funny sort of way thats good as she knows when its bedtime etc! Although last night she had mummy wrapped around her little finger after her 11pm feed, whinging in her basket and everytime i got her out to see if she wanted more bottle she just dozed in my arms...i think she just wanted mummy cuddles :lol:

Elise is still in bed the lazy moo hehe! she is going to the cinema today with her grandma and her uncle Lewis (who's 5 also) its nice for family to treat her now Elexis is here, at least she wont feel pushed out etc, i keep telling her how lucky she is to be going to the cinema with grandma because Lexi cant go etc :lol: i think shes feeling a little priveledged lol!

xx

Poor baby girl...laid sleeping in my arms earlier tonight and then projectiled a nice amount of mucus over me and across the sofa, she had been making a choking noise prior to it and retching and thats why i picked her up as it scared me! After she brought the mucus up she took 5oz of milk (thats after she had woken up as she slept through the barfathon lol) she then had a good hour chilling only to start retching again, i held her close and rocked her until she fell asleep! I just know that mucus is ready and waiting to come up which makes me a little nervous as i hate seeing my baby choke and being grumpy because of it, if she hasnt brought it up by bedtime i aint gonna be getting any sleep, i'll be too busy keeping an eye on her sleeping in case she brings it up in her sleep again! Oh the joys of motherhood, you worry while they are in the womb and you worry when they are here! lol

xx

Lexi didnt do too badly last night, she woke at 12:30, 3am, 4:30am and then lastly 5:30am before we finally got up at 7:30am...we've had better nights but i guess its gonna take time to establish a routine at bedtime, for now i suppose shes just adjusting to life outside the womb and the fact she probably feels crappy from having that awful mucus lingering doesnt help.
i've also noticed that she cries when shes pooing, its not like her stools are hard etc so i dont know why it upsets her so much :( unless again, its something she needs to adjust to and get used to, suppose its all alien to her at the moment. i have the midwife calling around tomorrow so i think i will mention it tol her, as well as asking why on certain occasions little miss forgets to breath when feeding then kinda chokes and splutters before gasping for breath...panics me something chronic when she does it the bugger she is!

x

Wow...what a super night we had last night, took madam up to bed at 11:30 still asleep after her feed at 10pm she was in her moses basket all of half hour before waking for a feed which was fine as i was still awake! Settled her back down after her feed and she next woke at 4:30am again, took her feed, straight back down and she was still sleeping when the alarm went off for school at 6:45am so i got a lovely much needed sleep last night and i'm feeling fabby this morning :)

Elise seems to be warming more and more to her new baby sister! At first it was just the touching of her hand and looking at her, now shes found that Elexis loves her forehead stroking and that it sends her to sleep so Elise likes to do that now as well as stroking Elexis's cheek and talking to her, she also wants to hold her more which tbh i love seeing my two girls together, seeing Elise come around and adjust nicely to the big change :) shes beginning to be such an amazing big sister...i love my little completed family so so much...I am one happy lady right now!

mybabies.jpg

xx

Last edited:
Well...we are now discharged from the midwife :) all is ok with me! I asked her about Elexis having a choking fit and forgetting to breath while feeding especially if she is half asleep, seems there is no need to worry just need to make sure i take the teat out of her mouth when she does it and let her catch her breathe! The crying when shes poo's is normal too apparently, its just her not used to the sensation etc with her being a new born! And the grand finale...weigh time, considering at 5 days old she had gone from 7lb 2oz to 7lb 5oz...and now at 10 days old...7lb 12oz the little chunk :D hehe!

xx

Was just randomly browsing the forum tonight and found ur parenting journal :)

Sounds like motherhood is an interesting journey, what with night time feeds and mucus throwing up :shock: glad lexi is managing to sleep quite well at night to give u some much needed rest.

It must be a huge shock to Elise having a new sister around getting some of ur attention after 5 years, but as u said she will get better with it :)

Sounds like lexi is gaining weight nicely! 10oz in just over a week is amazing lol She doesn't look as though she has out on loads of weight though in ur pics on Facebook xx

Oh yes, very interesting haha! my OH suffers from anxiety and is on meds for it but since having Lexi it has worsened, he is just so paranoid and listens out for her breathing etc all the time, dont think it helps that Lexi likes to hold her breath on the odd occasion then chokes, coughs and splutters as she gasps for air, but thats normal apparently, just missus been greedy wanting to guzzle her feeds!

As for Lexi's weight gain, i'm sure she had an over night growth spurt, i woke up yesterday morning and her head seemed bigger...either that or i was in denial that something that size had come out of my foof :rofl:

xx

So we had another good night, i feel so blessed :) little miss was fast asleep and i was growing all the more tired come 10:30 so i took her up to bed, she woke for a feed at 11:30, settled straight back down and woke again at 3am for her next feed, then at 6:30am when it was just about time to get up anyway :D
She is spending much more time awake now and is taking a lot of things in!

12 days in and as for me i'm feeling fine, boobs have now restored to their original size :( Boooo mores the pity, they arent painful any more either, but are still leaking mildly! Stitches seem to be healing nicely, they dont sting now but can still be a bit sore if i catch them when i wipe. Still bleeding a little but at least i'm not needing those maternity pads that feel like you have a matress between your legs :lol:
Stomach wise...its still quite saggy n horrible...Elise likes to play with it and says its like a trampoline :/ it is really soft and squidgy and my stomach muscles are near on none existent. As soon as i'm up to it, the diet and excercising starts :)

xx

Last edited:
well, i have just got back from the doctors, after the midwife appointment yesterday and the talk of contraception i thought i had better make an appointment, i can start back on the pill on day 21 :) anyway, at the docs all the checks were done blood pressure etc and then i got weighed...which tbh i was looking forward to, after only putting 1 1/2 stone on during pregnancy i was intrigued to see what i now weighed after having my little lady and i am well impressed! I only have an extra 5lbs of baby weight to shift :yay: obviously when i start my diet and exercise etc i am aiming to lose more than the 5lbs but i am just so chuffed that i have near on lost all of my baby weight 12 days on :D good stuff!!

x

Well we didnt have a super night last night (not like previous nights anyway) fed Lexi at 11pm, she then woke at 2:30am (which ok was good) then she woke at 3:30am then 4:30am and then 5:30am haha the little bugger she is! Good job i had managed to get a nap in yesterday afternoon, didnt stop my eyes from doing their own thing at stupid o' clock in the morning tho, nearly fell off the bed while rocking the moses basket just because my eyes decided they needed to sleep :rofl: little miss has been a bit more sicky than usual this morning so maybe the restless night was down to her not feeling too good...who knows! she was quite restless yesterday too and did spend quite a bit of time awake so i did think she would have slept for me but no such luck! Cant grumble though, shes doing great up to press! We have the health visitor coming today, hope she doesnt come during the school run this aft as OH cant do it as he's at the dentist so its up to me today, testing the water ready for next week when i have to do the school run by myself with a new baby...eeeek! That should be a fun experience :lol:

x

Wow sounds pretty much like me and my two boys. Except mine is younger lol. Can't believe you popped day after me though. Glad to hear Motherhood is going great again x

20/06/2012 born at 12.09 x

haha i cant believe how similar things are with us and our kids, i mean even their weight at birth was the same :D madness hehe! seems a lot easier this time around too, really enjoying my LO not so much the tiredness though! Shame they have to grow up lol

xx

Yeah i have Leo crying at the Tele at the moment. Daddy is in bed as he did first shift till half three this morning x so not so tired x

aww bless him lol! Least your OH is helping with the night feeds...mine aint...his way of helping is to do the housework, school run and cooking which is a nice help but some sleep would be so much better! Just noticed too that Elliot was born at 12:09...Elexis was born at 21:09 :D same numbers in the time lol, i'm a crazy lady when it comes to linking numbers etc :lol:

xx

Strange lol yeah he helps but moans about it. Woke up to him moaning at little Elliott wasn't best pleased with him x he was like he won't stop eating and moaning i was like yeah don't you remember Leo was same x

My OH gets on a paranoia with Lexi's grunting etc, thinks theres summat wrong, keep telling him its normal baby noises lol! What they like hey...it must just be very natural for us mums to know what to do etc :) xx

Yeah i feel more confident this time around x just got little Elliott awake at the moment put Leo back in his cot as he was screaming at the Tele x

Bottle every 3 hours at the moment he feeding up to four ounces x

Elexis is the same...usually feeding every 3hrs and has 4oz, but tbh for the last few days shes just been having top up feeds of a couple of oz every hour or so, at least shes not feeding like that come bedtime lol!

Just had the health visitor too, was a bit worried as ive heard so many stories about nasty health visitors etc over this end but the one i had was actually really nice and easy to talk to! See her again in 6weeks time and i also have an appointment for Lexi's first jabs...22nd August :( not looking forward to that!

xx

Yeah my new one is ok. Miss my first one i had with Leo. I bumped in to him today. Showed off Elliott. My health visitor Paul said to move back so he can come see me again lol even gave him a hug. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back