20 week scan today and no heartbeat :(

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Hi everyone, really didn't expect to find myself here, but who does! We went for our 20 week scan this morning to find our baby has passed away at around 17 weeks. I had a feeling around that time when I couldn't find the heartbeat with my home Doppler. I didn't phone my midwife then as she'd told me off for having one. No one could have done anything to stop what happened anyway.
So we're back home and have opted for medical management. Took the first tablet today and to go back in on Saturday. I'm feeling so overwhelmed and numb all at the same time! The staff were great but it's been a day of waiting around, talking and everyone walking on eggshells.
Walking out of the hospital made it all feel a bit more real but this wait is killing me. I don't feel I can event start to accept it all until our baby has been born.

I dont even know what to say hun... :hugs: so so sorry x

:hug: :hug: :hug: for you both and your little Angel xxx Thinking of you all xxx

You poor, poor love!

I am so sorry to read this horrible news.

In the early days all you can do is take each hour at a time and just be kind to yourself... Also make sure you tell other people what you need - they may be too worried of upsetting you so if you need to talk then tell them, if you need to be left alone then ask to be left alone.

Everyone worries about the anomaly scan but no-one truly expects this.

I assume tests will be carried out afterwards on the baby so hopefully if there is an underlying issues you will know.

There are no words sweetie, just be strong and be brave

xxxxxxxx

I am so so sorry honey :-( It is cruel to have to lose a baby at any point, but probably even more so this late on. As I said in your other thread, I hope you have lots of supportive people around you and that the hospital have offered you support. It must be a terrible shock but there is nothing you could have done- it is just one of those terrible things.
Take the time you need to grieve, and we are all here if you need to chat at any point.
Thinking of you, and sending lots of love to you and your OH xxx

So so sorry Hun, its hard enough when it happens early but to get so far is just aweful. X

So Sorry for your loss.

Take one step at a time & in your own time, Give yourself time to grieve.

I held mine back until I burst.

So sorry to read this!! This happened to me back in May at my 20 week scan. If u want to chat u can message me. Hope your doing ok, thinking of you xxxx

Last edited:
Really really so sorry, there are no words. Thinkin of you xx

I'm so sorry meg can't even begin to imagine how your feeling right now big hugs and take care xx

Oh Meg .... I'm so sorry, it's heartbreaking xxx thinking of you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back