Your Babys Name

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Just curious to see what the reason/meaning is behind choosing your babys name + middle name? Family tradition? Planned during the pregnancy? Or completely random?

Angel was a name we had never talked about during the pregnancy at all and had never even thought of it, it was literally the name I said when she was placed in my arms. She is my little angel :) her middle name, Maria, is mine and my Mums middle name so thats where that came from :) xx

We went on a holiday to Rome while I was in my early pregnancy and it was a revelation, we fell in love with it and wanted a Roman name to go with Hunter. So we chose Vincent, which means 'conquering hunter'.

When we told my Grandad we were expecting he asked us if we had any names. We told him either Harry or Jack for a boy. He looked me straight in the eye and said 'please call him Jack'. He was one of 14 children and had a Brother called Jack who fell from some scaffolding as a boy and landed on his head. He seemed fine but died in his sleep that night :( My baby was Jack from there and then and we didn't even know he was a boy at that point! His middle name is Stephen after his Daddy :) x

We both just really liked Emily - no reason behind it. We chose Jennifer as the middle name as that was my late Mother's name and I really wanted her name to live on through my daughter. :)

We wanted a name that no family member or friend had so she was unique :)

Alice was my nan's name. I was very close to her and would always call LO after her. Unfortunately she died just before I got married so it means even more to me. I also wanted LO to have the same initials as nan but she was Alice Edith. I wasn't keen on Edith so we chose a welsh name, Eleri.

We picked Henry because we loved it, and found put later it was DH's paternal great great grandads name and maternal great grandads middle name. James is Henry's middle name and is my dads and DH's dads middle name.

Harry was my great-grandad's name and I loved him dearly and we were quite close (he died when I was about 10) and david was hubbys grandad's name (we concieved a week after his funeral) I know they are both proud of us and are looking after my little man from heaven xxx

Last edited:
Elizabeth is my mums name, and my grans, and g-grans, i always felt it shoulda been mine too, so i knew from about age 6 my daughters first name would be elizabeth. but we couldnt decide on a shortened version we like so she uses her middle name like my mum and DH.

Georgis is after the country music singer George strait, because she used to wriggle lots in my belly when his music was played, she still loves him, and i use it to settle her. xxx

Zack Albert - Zack is random his and Albert is after oh grandad
Elliot lee - Elliot we were struggling to pick a name but was watching pete's dragon and we both heard it and loved it and lee is his daddys name.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Don't know why but me and oh have always had the name Holly for a girl, even 10 years ago when children were not even being thought about! We made a list of all the names we liked and Jessica seemed to go best straight away as a middle name.

No reason for Alice it was just a name we agreed on really early on, Same with Olivia --- it means------- Noble Elf Army ---- how cool is that! Didnt realise until after she was named lol x

Apparantly Phoebe means 'radiant, bright'. That wasnt my reasoning for picking it though I've just always loved the name and Jane her middle name is my moms first name and sisters middle name :)

Gracie is because Grace is my middle name and seren because it means star in Welsh :) xx

We chose Orlando as it is our fave place and were we went on honeymoon. Also we liked it cos it is original without bein odd!

Ronald is his 2nd name after OH's late grandad as he said when I was preg "I really loved my grandad" awww

Grace is because OH's nan was Grace and I quite like the name anyway but love it when his grandad would take about his Gracie back in the day so she is his new Gracie :)
Makes me go awwww everytime he talks about his late wife

Louise is her middle name as its the only one oh liked and he decided the day before she was born!

Aw its so nice hearing all the different backgrounds and reasons behind your babys names :) its so interesting finding out, thanks girls, keep them coming!! x

We both really liked the name Paige so there was no reasoning behind it but her middle name Elizabeth is my mums and OHs mums middle name. So I wanted her to carry that on.

Her name together means 'young child consecrated to god' :)

Tegan was just a name we randomly came up with and marie is my middle name xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

We called our boy Louis as I've always loved the sound of that name for a boy! We gave him the middle name Joseph, after my father-in-law who lives in Greece and we don't see that much.

My husband, Christos, is from Greece, so our next bundle of joy will be called Kristianna Sofia or Kristian Georgios to go with our surname Andreas.

xx NickiLou xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back