So has anyone chosen...

Rachey

Reaction score
babys name? :D Or are you keeping it a secret or waiting until baby arrives to choose? We kept choosing names we liked then one of us would go off it, when I thought of names OH didn't like them and when he said names he liked, I didn't like them lol!

I had wanted to use my Uncles name Alasdair as babys middle name, but the name we have chosen for baby is my Uncles middle name :) I know it's early but we are sure this time!! We have chosen Calum :D

Last edited:
Ive wanted to call a girl Emily for about 3 years. And that's what I've decided on :)
Do you have first names in mind?

lol I'm in the same boat, I don't like my oh name choices n ge doesn't like.mine, so we've decided if its a girl I choose n if its a boy ge chooses :)

we are having dainton joesph for a boy. we still have a couple of options for a girl either caoimhe mae/belle or lucy mae/belle.. there will probably be more as struggling to make final desicion on a girls name.

got my scan next friday though so as soon as we find out we will choose and stick to it i think. xxx

me and oh cant aggree on anything. at this rate baby wont have a name atall!!! x

At the moment we have decided daisy for a girl and either Archie or Alfie for a boy x

We have chosen Lucas. We decided on it quite quick which saved a lot of fuss. xx

Ive wanted to call a girl Emily for about 3 years. And that's what I've decided on :)
Do you have first names in mind?

Emily's lovely! It was on our list for a girl :) Are you having a middle name or sticking to just Emily?

Sorry I meant we have chosen Calum for babys first name.. My Uncle is Alasdair Calum and I was going to use Alasdair as babys middle name, but instead I have chosen to use my Uncles middle name (Calum) as babys first name :) I confused myself writing that hahaha

Also one of my Papas are Malcolm, and Calum comes from Malcolm(I think lol!)

xxx

riotfox, I don't know any Lucas's atall :) Is it used much around where you live? It's a nice name, the only Lucas I know of is Lucas from One Tree Hill, MMMMMMM :D

Haha One Tree Hill is where we got the idea from lol. I haven't heard of many Lucas' either which I think was the appeal for us. I am a teacher so I had a bunch of names which I definitely didn't want. I've never taught a Lucas before which is a good thing. xx

Being a teacher would put you off so many names lol! How cute it little Jamie in One Tree Hill? Ahhh I love him :) x

Lucas is sooooo popular where im from in England but i dont here it much up here. Its funny how everywhere is different. x

nope we can't agree on names either - :( he wants to name it after a car! That is soooo not going to happen!

We can't agree on many names either. We've said we're going to remain team yellow...although as my scan date approaches, I must admit I'm tempted to find out!
I too am a teacher and sooooo many names are a no go! It's funny that you begin to associate bad behaviour with a particular name!

...or rather, a particular name with bad behaviour. Ooops!

Our little man is called Jack Stephen. We had it decided when we first found out we were pregnant! Jack is our fave name ever and it is a tribute to one of my Grandad's Brother's who fell from some scaffolding when he was 7, walked home and passed away in his sleep that night! :( Stephen is after my fabby OH who is the proudest man in the world at the moment! :) x

Sorry to hear about your Grandads brother clairebear :( that's sooo sad :( it's scary that these things happen to people. That's really sweet how you chose your names for your little boy clairebear, it's nice when names are chosen for a reason I think x

We currently have a list up in the kitchen of our fav boy and girl names, the idea is we can keep looking at it and cross them off if we decide we dont like them (or add one like I did last night lol)
Then we have said once we have our scan and (hopefully) find out what we are having we are going to cut the list down to one :)

However we have decided on middle names, if its a girl then middle name will be Gail (my mums name - as I have my nans name as middle name and my mum has here nans name as her middle name etc) and if its a boy then middle name will be Marc (hubbys name - cus in his family boys have dads name as middle name)

me and oh have differing opinions, oh is sure we have chosen the names, which are;
boy . . . Brynly (my grandads name) Mark Russel (both our fathers names)
gir l. . . Felicity (becuase we dont know anyone called that) Harriet (my paternal nans middle name)

i do love those names, but i dont want to have the baby and then decided it doesnt look right for the name! my friend did that with both of her boys! they were namless for ages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back