Anyone not planning to give middle names?

knopk@

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are people who wont give middle names to their child?
My DH and his sister dont have middle names as well and it is sort of a family tradition.
On the other hand where I am from we dont have middle names either so I am not opposing.

Choosing a name is even more difficult for us as we want the name to exist in both languages (and they are very different languages I must add) so that presents a challenge already.

I think we will just ditch the middle name.

Ours will be getting middle names, but I don't see a problem with not giving middle names either. My mum is one of 6 and none of them had middle names, it didn't do any of them any harm :)

My children don't have middle names and i don't think this one will either - not really sure why as me and OH have middle names. We both discussed one day how much we hate having middle names so thats kind of how we came to the decision!

our son will have a middle name. He will be called Alfie George Perry.
Alfie cos we love the name and George becuase he is due today, St Georges Day.

But he STILL aint here. aaarrrrgggg!!!!!

ours will have middle names, and i think thats just because me and oh have middle names. so its just tradition in my case. i see no probem with not having middle names either tho

Adam has a middle name as we always said our first son would have my OH name as his middle name. I think this one will have a middle name too but not 100% as we are not going to start talking about names till after my next scan x x

My first two do, the next two don't, up to you hunni xx

I don't have a middle name and i won't be giving any of my children one unless it is to honour someone.

Double barrel first names, for example "Ellie-Mai" are fine if that is what people like, but when people start asking "which middle name goes with x, y and z?" i can't help but :wall2:

I just don't see the point in having one just for the sake of it when it wil never be referred to again until they get married :)

I wouldn't worry about it ;)

Like M2A, me & my bro have our parents names as our middle names, Jennifer Anne after my Mum and Anthony Patrick after the sperm doner... ;-)

My hubby has Tony after his uncle, his bro has Roy after their Granddad and his sis has Elizabeth as OH's Mum also has this for some traditional family reason...

Me & hubby will give baby our first names as a middle name too - so at the mo Robin Alan or Lacey Jennifer - cute x

I wasn't going to bother with one - I don't have one and I hate OH's, but after losing my mam halfway through we are now, as reference to her. I don't plan on using it though really, it's going to be more for me, not for use at school or anything.

I don't see a problem with it at all. Both of our families traditionally give a middle name as a tribute to someone in our families... but it's certainly not obligatory!

At the end of the day just do whatever makes both of you happy :)

My son is named Jack Lee and we didn't give him a middle name simple because it would sound like there was too many first names.
i don't think we'll be giving this baby a middle name either if it is a boy but possibly for a girl.

When I have a child (hopefully soon, please please please!) I will be giving them middle names, first son's middle name will be "Emlyn" after my grandfather whos sadly died, so out of respect for him ever since he died I said I'd always put his name in my childrens name it's also my brothers first name also so it makes him happy too lol! And I just think middle names are nice, but like you said if you and OH want to ditch the middle names it's your right lol! xx

I'd like to give my child a middle name definitely.
I would feel like their name would be missing something if I didn't.
I'm the only child out of my siblings that has a middle name.
My brother is called Alexander and my sister is just Charlotte.
I'm Tiffany Jayne!

Everyone is different, some people prefer to give middle names, others don't. I think my mum made the right choice of giving one of her children a middle name. Gives a bit of variety to the family in a way xxx

Ah, should have said, I dont really see a problem either way, but just wanted to know how many people dont give middle names.

Once we know the sex (hopefully!), we will be able to concentrate on choosing the name. Cant wait!

Our little boy isn't going to have a middle name. I have a middle name, OH doesn't. The only reason we're not giving our boy a middle name is because it has taken us this long to agree on a first name!!! I dread to think how long it would take us to think up a middle name.
Having said that, if I ever have a girl her middle name will be my Mum's name as she passed away 18 months ago and I would like to honour her that way. It would also make my mum a part of the whole thing even though she cant be here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back