Our little mans name..

Rachey

Reaction score
Well we have chosen Calum for him :) His second name will be Murphy.

Only thing we need now is a middle name lol!

Calum is from my Pop( Mum's Dad ) and my Uncle whos middle name is Calum, plus me and OH both love the name :)

For a middle name I would have loved to use my stepdads name :) Only thing is, his name is Roddy. It's not shortened or anything, it's just Roddy. Is it a wierd name? :eh: The only other thing I could do is ask him to choose a name?

We would have used OH's middle name which is James, but because Murphy comes from his side of the family anyway, I thought it would be nice to have something to do with my Stepdad in babys name ( My stepdad is my real dad to me as far as I'm concerned:) )

Lovely name!! I'm crazy over the name Calum, but DH veto'd that long ago. I'm always so jealous of you girls who get to use it. ;)

i wanted callum to that was my first choice :( my oh knows a callum so not wanting it and my older son was going to be callum or connor and went connor..

Lovely name hun.

What bout Callum james Murphy ?

Calum is lovely, and would go with loads of other names :) Roddy reminds me of Roddy Doyle, so sounds quite Irish to me (probably as he's the only Roddy I've ever heard of!)

Tipper and Lou, you could compromise with your OH's and use it as a middle name? ;)

I let OH choose babys first name (we had a list of 3) and he chose Calum which was my fave anyway, so now I get to choose middle name hehe :)

I think Calum James Murphy sounds the best really :) would love to have used Roddy but it's just not a very nice name lol! Wish he had a nicer name :p

I had never heard of the name before him, always thought it was Roderic x

Last edited:
love Calum as a name

Does Roddy have a middle name? perhaps one you like more for Calum's middle name?

Hey JJ Mum :) Nope he doesn't, even if he had a surname like Alexander, Andrews, Stevens etc we could have thought about that! But it's McDowall so that woudn't do.. Think we just need to tell him to change his name lol!

xxx

Calum with one L is lovely :)

Were having Jack for middle name after both our grandads :)

Calum Jack Murphy?

xxx

Thanks Stacey :) did you decide on Caelan/Caelen? Sorry I'm not sure of the spelling lol :shock:

I really wanted middle name to have a meaning but maybe we will just need to choose a name we both like! Calum Jack Murphy sounds really good actually, love the name Jack :)

xxx

Last edited:
your welcome rach :)

no not agreed on Caelan unfortunately, we are both keen on Jonah at the minute... what do you think? Jonah Jack Culshaw.

our little boy is going to have a million names before he is born!

i love Jack too, but not enough to have as first name as there are too many!

could you not call him after your dad or OH dad? xxx

I think Jonah Jack Culshaw sounds good hun :) It's sweet and a nice unusual name :) Did your OH not like Caelan?

I agree with Jack being a bit too popular now.

I don't speak to my Dad but wanted to name him after my Stepdad, he is Roddy though and I'm not keen on that lol!

xxx

no he said sounds common :(

roddy, is that his actually full name?

what about his dad or your grandad/his grandad? xxx

Awww :( i don't think it sounds common atall. Jonah is lovely too though :) I love all the names that your thinking about!

Yeah Roddy is his full name, once he got stopped for speeding and the police thought he was winding them up lol!

My stepdads Dad is Bryce, not sure if that sounds a bit silly as a middle name? The name Calum is already from my Mums Dad :) OH's Grandads are William and James, he says no to William (which I like) but we are considering James

xxx

I'll keep working on him on Caelan I still like it :) so the possibilities so far are Jonah, Caelan or Zachary... but it we go for Zachary middle name cant be Jack cos that would just sound silly :( he says he's going "off" Zachary already!

Roddy does sound like a wind up name! Good name though for origional :)

I actually think Bryce is quite nice for middle name and different too! But I do like Calum James Murphy has a ring to it :) xxx

My favourite is Caelan but Jonahs cute! Just tell your OH that it's you who has to go through labour so you get to decide lol! Just kidding :p

Calum James Murphy does sound best I think, unless I think of something else that stands out before he arrives then that will most likely be his name!

Going up to my Mums and Stepdads tomorrow so going to ask my Stepdad what his favourite name for a boy is, if it's nice I will consider it, if it's horrible I'll just forget that idea all together hahaha

xxx

Last edited:
i'll try that one... he said at the start he would pick if its a boy i would if a girl but thats gone out the window there is no chance i am not being involved in the decision!

Calum James Murphy is lovely :)

Thats a good idea ask him which boys names your stepdad likes out of curiosity... but dont tell him the reason you're asking him in case he loves Ronald or something like that! xxx

asked my stepdad and he and my mum both love ben, i think bens a great name :) but calum ben murphy? does it sound ok? i like it but have thought about it that much i cant think if it goes lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back