How did you choose your child's name?

ToriElla

Reaction score
Just wondered what made everyone pick the names they did.

We called our baby : Evangeline Faith

I wanted to called her Eva and we decided to lengthen it to Evangeline because my great grandfather was called Evangelis (my dad is Greek). Plus it means 'Like an angel'.
I have always loved the name faith.

I also liked the names Nina, Stella, Delta, Keira (all names ending in A :D )

why did you choose your name and what other names were you toying with?

I've always liked the name Ella - even since before the lady in ER years ago had a girl called that. I also really liked Grace, but DH wasn't keen on it as a first name, so Ella Grace it is.

I did like Ruby, but DH didn't.

I also like Libby and Asha. If we get pregnant again and the next one is a girl then it will be Libby. Maybe even Libby Grace ;) (one day I'll get a girl called Grace!)

I also like Eva and Lily :D

Oh god, there are too many names out there! I'm going to need a tribe of girls!

we wanted some thing pretty and very girly i liked Faith or Angel, kris loved Dior but when he said it i laughed said it reminded me of eyor (sp) from winnie the poo lol but then it grew on me so we chose Dior faith, really suits her now though

for Harley i wanted Rio kris hted it he wanted Milan i hated it so we agreed on Harley

we named Coby after the lead singer of the band papa roach, i love the band and the singer is cute! lol

Hendrix came from my love of guitars

xxx

matthew was the only name we could agree on for a boy, i liked luke he didnt, but matthew was my dads dads name and if i was a boy they were going to call me Matthew

For a girl we were going to have Erin grace, just loved the name.

We were going to name our baby after OH's father who died when he was 15 :( so it was going to be Reuben (I was convinced I was havng a boy), so when she turned out a girl it seemed appropriate to go with Rubie (she also 'looked' like a Rubie - if that makes sense??). I spelled it differently as the name is getting so popular so wanted it to be different. I changed my mind all the way through my pregnancy but ended up with the first name we thought of lol. I also considered Amy, Mia (she was Mia for about 24 hours after she was born), Abigail and Alyssa

i like brandon but my mate had a baby boy caslled that so i changed it to braydon which i prefer now wih the middele name andrew afer my daddy
i also liked harrison n mckenzie
for a girl he would have been breigh-anna faith janet - janet after my mummy
i also liked madison n ella-louise

We chose Amy Christine Marie, as we wanted something girly and not too common although Amy is getting more popular but it means "Much Loved". Christine is Andy's mum and Marie is my mum's middle name, her first name is wendy and i don't like it.

Jack Andrew Thomas:- Jack cos we liked it, Andrew after OH and Thomas after my grandad. that was a little more simple

Carl loves 'Malcolm in the Middle' so it was either gonna be Reece or Dewey :doh: (sad git)

I secretly wanted to name him after my hero from the Diana Gabaldon books, Jamie. but we already have a jamie in the family. however the chracters full name is James Alexander malcolm mackenzie Fraser so i decided on Alexander as i had always liked it anyway!

took a while to convince dh though (never told him why i liked it :oops: ) but once he realised it could be shortened to Lex (superman) or Xander (buffy!) he was happy.

his middle name is Finn - was one of our names we considered and decided to use it as a middle name. loved the name and it was a character in buffy (you see the pattern!!)

x

I always liked the name Jessica so that one was easy but with Aimee we asked Jess to pick some names she liked and she was really in to Sonic the hedgehog at the time so she said Amy (one of the charicters) I just liked the sound of it but spelled it different and added the jade. I liked the name Emily too but OH didn't so we called her Aimee-jade Emily Rooney.

i was hesitating between zoe, danielle and erika as 1st names. zoe was the name my dad (who died) wanted to give me, and i've always liked it: it means life! thats what suited her best. danielle came as her middle name as the lovely midwife who was there for my baby's birth was a dannii, so it made sense if you see what i mean. zoe danielle! :D

carey was going to be connor...but he didnt look like one..he was nameless for a bit after he was born but randomly i came up with carey..id never evan heard it before! :? but liked the sound of it. jake is my brothers middle name so thought id carry it on and we have Carey Jake..

Also liked Connor & Kairan..Couldnt imagine him as either now!

I've loved Alexander James since I was a kid. Daniel had to be given a 'G' name (family tradition) so he's actually Glynn, Callum was originally Alex but his named nurse in SCBU kept calling him Callum and it stuck. Sometimes I feel awful giving him a third hand name, but he suits it.

Aaron is my husbands middle name and I really liked it so we went with that! James is his middle name not for any real reason just went well, my husbands step dad is called James though.

I also liked Zachary but my husband hates it haha.

If he'd have been a girly he would have been Keira.

Hi

Kiaras was chosen cuz i wanted it i found it off the internet and have never heard it before until i was in labour and one of the nurses had the same name .
Had to argue with bernie about it cuz he didnt want it he wanted Cassidy which is how we picked her name

Kiara Cassidy lol we compromised but i got the first name :D
Katrina

just after i found out i was pregannt my grandad died. His fav name was Emma, all the grandchildren he wanted them to b called but no1 ever did. So me and hubby decided to call her Emma, i love the name anyway.

thats loverly kelly i love the name emma to!!all my dollys were called emma or emily lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back