Would you be annoyed?

amelia_23

Reaction score
One of my friends gave birth tonight and asked a mutual friend to let close friends know but instead has just posted a Facebook status about it. I don't know if its just me, but would anyone else be really annoyed by this? The girl hasn't even had a chance to let her family know and now all of Facebook is aware!

Thoughts?

I would deffo be annoyed!! When i had my little one it was all over facebook but i didnt mind as i had told the people closest to me. If she hasnt even told her family that is bang out of order. xx Kirsty

Yeah id be well pissed off!!

I fnt want it online until i myself update that. No1 else. Loads of mine and OHs fsmily do have fb n id be upset if they ended up finding out that way instead of us managing to spk ir txt to them 1st x

Id be pissed off! When I had my wee girl my oh and me decided to have the first day to ourselves and announce it on fb the day after she was born. We made sure friends and family knew our wishes and they didnt put anythin on fb either until we had. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I would be furious. There is no way I would want anything putting on facebook until all close family and friends have been told x

This happened to a work friend of mine. She text one person from work to say LO was here who then excitedly told everyone else. Then someone else wrote a post about them and tagged them both in it so everyone who knows them saw it. There were a lot of their family who found out through that post. Needless to say they weren't very happy.

When I went into labour my mum rang my dad to tell him who then put on FB ooh looks like today's the day I become a grandad and bloody tagged me in it. So everyone knew where I was. It took away from the excitement of telling people cos it wasn't a surprise any more.

I would be annoyed, yes, but unfortunately it is a fact of modern life! If you don't want people to find out, tell them on a need to know basis only!

I'd be the same I'd want the first day for me and my oh to have to ourself i think.

I actually found out my niece was born this way!! My mum posted it (we weren't close) and my friend rang me and said 'do u know ur brothers gf has had the baby?'
I was absolutely gutted!!!! Xxx

Tapatalking. X

I'd be so annoyed!! It is today's way of life unfortunately but common sense should have stopped whoever posted it and just let friends know. Is she annoyed?? X

Im trying to rethink now of a new order of people to tell.

I got a feeling mine will end up online before we want it to. Theres a hand full of people i know will blabber!!!

I would be annoyed so whenever we speak to anyone to say baby is here we will be following it up with no facebook posts until we put it on please that way there is no confusion!

I even had the vicar on our wedding day ask guests not to upload photos until the next day haha xx

I'd be so annoyed!! It is today's way of life unfortunately but common sense should have stopped whoever posted it and just let friends know. Is she annoyed?? X

I'm not too sure I haven't spoke to her yet. Hopefully not, but its still a pretty silly thing to do. I understand people get excited, but if I found out a family member had given birth through Facebook I would be absolutely raging

I think it's a really thoughtless thing to do - it's basically stealing someone else's thunder - if it's not your news to announce why on earth would you think it's okay to tell everyone on FB?!

I'm going to have to have words with my sister before our baby is born as she did this to our other sister - baby was born and she posted on FB before my sister (the one who had actually given birth!) had the chance to announce it on there herself. She actually wasn't that fussed (and hadn't even noticed until I pointed out that I'd be fuming!) but I would be really annoyed!

It was the same when we told family we were engaged - we hadn't managed to get hold of OH's parents as they were on holiday so had to tell everyone to keep it to themselves until we'd had chance to tell them and then announce it ourselves - you'd think people would have the common sense anyway really!

I'd be annoyed too. My mum & sons dad rang/ text family members to say I had our son and then we put it on Facebook after xx

Yeh I would be annoyed! I was annoyed enough when one of OH's brothers posted the gender on facebook n tagged us in it before I had even had achance to tell some of my family! Why should my friends and family find out from somebody else?

Sent from my GT-I9300

My sister announced Flynn's arrival on Facebook before we had told hardly anyone, I wasn't impressed. It should be up to us to tell everyone our news! X

I'd be raging!! Our family respected our wishes and nothing was on fb until we had done the "announcement" if you like!
We had a list of people to call when we were at hospital to let them know that we were here and then phones went off until lo was born.

I'd be totally devastated more than angry I think. They've taken away something that I think every new parent would look forward to? I mean, I was excited enough to tell my close friends/family that I was pregnant so I can only imagine how much I'll love announcing that our LO has arrived!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back