Would you be annoyed?

Another reason I hate FB!!!

But I must ask why you would tell a friend and ask her to spread the word before you have told all the "important people"??

After James was born I rang my Mum, my sister and my brother in that order (Mum told my Dad and other brother).

I then text several friends at the same time with a pic.

OH text all of his family (he has 5 brothers and a sister + his Mum and a few mates)

I'd have been heartbroken for people to have found out through the grapevine, especially as we were team yellow.

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
We didn't announce e birth of Aaron due to him being early, unwell and diagnosed with DS

My little sister put it on fb though.

I text her and asked her to take it down which she did, and she apologised - she was just so excited to be an aunti. I know her heart was in the right place but I think you need to make everyone aware that they are not to put anything on fb!

I know her heart was in the right place but I think you need to make everyone aware that they are not to put anything on fb!

I completely agree that people don't do it vindictively, you'd just think that people would ask first?

It's kinda scary how much FB has taken over! lol

I've found out Bout a few friends babies on fb. I've been on the text list but as my name starts with Z I'm the last one to get tested, by which time its usually on fb!

From close to my due date I'm going to block people tagging me or posting on my wall though that won't stop it I don't think :-(

Xx

Yup id be mad!!

My hubby posted from blooming recovery room last time!!
This time nothing will be up or before about due date etc , keeping it vauge.
I dont want my kids to hear it from others before they get home from school and we can speak to them about what baby is genderwise or that alls ok. Once kids have seen baby, then the world can know!

I have a total Facebook ban regarding our son. I didn't mention my pregnancy on there at all, did not announce the birth on it and have posted no pictures of him on it. There are some things I'd rather keep private to friends and family. One friend posted about his birth on it and I got a bit annoyed about it. She also invited other people to my house to meet LO without asking me. Oh, and when she did turn up she kept waking him up! I'm trying to remember why I'm friends with this person right now!!!

I would be fuming but I also wouldn't ask anyone to spread the word! This is why I deactivate my account around the time so nothing can go on until I'm ready!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back