Annoyed!

Olive

Reaction score
In fairness, we've told close family about pregnancy and a few friends. I'm so annoyed though as OH's friend, who lives miles away, has just text him to ask if he is right in that we have some exciting news.

FFS. I can't believe that people can't keep their gobs shut. The only people that could have told him, that know him, are family members, so they've either told him, or told someone else, who has told him :roll:

I feel so angry and OH won't even ask him who it was and has told me to calm down.

Is it just me?

I know people talk, but the people we've told we trust. I'm annoyed that they feel they have the right to announce it for us. Especially before we know everything is ok.

xxx

what is it with people trying to rain on your parade??? i hate that...

so sorry your annoyed huni :hugs:

that should be your news to share and no one elses....OH's daughter did the same to me so i know how annoyed you feel....
hope your ok huni... :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks hun. That's how I feel. It's our news to share, not theirs. I could maybe understand if they told people we don't even know, but to share it with our friends before we do...peed off!

OH just doesn't understand.

xxxx

My friend did this to me and I blew up at him! I was so angry so I know exactly you feel. I'm over it now as his logic for doing it was sound, I was just really upset he hadn't asked my permissions first. Big :hug: xx

Yeah o/h's dad spilt the beans about ours, I was so cross I cried. Not sure if that was hormones though. It's effing annoying though :mad: x

Thanks ladies. Still miffed. I'm afraid I'm taking it out on OH. I wanted him to phone and remind them not to tell anyone but he won't. Hopefully sleep will resolve my mood!

Xxxx

I totally understand your frustration Olive!! Its your place to tell people, not anybody elses!

Some people just can't keep things to themselves :(

Hope you slept it off xxx

Thanks Lou. Feeling a bit better this morning. Will go see my Mum and get it off my chest lol.

Xxxx

Haha thats what Mums are for! To chew there ears off! Not literally off course :) xx

Tri hopping but I had something similar happen to me and what I have learned from it is that if you do not want something to be told, do not tell it! To anyone! No matter how much you trust someone, they are likely to tell at least one person and so the secret unfolds....

You're right hun :hug:

A few people that know have told me about family members/friends pregnancies before they've announced it, when I think about it, so I suppose its expected that they'd do the same to me!

xxxx

I had told close family and some close friends, but as I was put on light duties straight away at work, everyone in work knew. Then my mums friend followed me outside my nephews school and said she'd heard my news. A girl in her husband's work, has a relative I work with and she told my mums friends husband. I even had people Ive not spoken to in ages congratualte me. I was forced to tell my daughter before my 12 weeks as I didnt want my ex to find out and tell her, or anyone else telling her for that matter, as we're very close and she should hear it from her mummy. Some people just cant hold their water. If someone told me not to say anything, I wouldnt xx

Last edited:
I would be sooooo angry too. MY OH's Dad is nearing bursting with excitement at the moment which I suppose it sweet, but I'm just waiting to hear who he's gone and told now. He's been told not to but of course that doesn't necessarily mean he won't. He already put me under pressure to tell others in the family myself when my OH wasn't even in the country!!!!! If there is a next time, I don't think I will tell anyone at all until 12 weeks, soooo much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back