Worried - UPDATE- SECOND SCAN TODAY

Roo3

Reaction score
As some of you know I started bleeding on Tuesday. Had an early scan and saw baby's heartbeat.
I haven't had any red blood since before my scan on Tuesday, but I still am having brown discharge. Not alot, it's only ever there when I wipe.
Have any of you ladies had this for this amount of time?
I'm not having any cramps, passing any clots or anything like that. I just wish this would go away so that I can stop worrying.
I keep telling myself that baby is probably still fine and that this is nothing to worry about.
I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow to have my blood pressure checked, as it was borderline on Tuesday, so will mention it to her then.
I can't think about anything else, and everytime I go to the loo and see it on the toilet tissue I feel like crying.
Any ideas of what could be going on?

Last edited:
I hope everything is ok! As it is brown could it be residual bleeding from the red bleeding you had the other day?

xx

yeah i was going to say exactly the same as flopsybunny, try not to worry hun x

Just back from the doctors. My blood pressure is ok, but she doesn't know why I'm still having this discharge. She said the good news is that it's not getting any worse and that the hospital found the heartbeat of the baby.
I've got to go back a week on Monday to check my blood pressure again and also if I'm still having the discharge she will take some swabs to try and find out whats going on.
She says I'm to get lots of rest between now and then.
Don't really feel any better, guess it's just a waiting game now.

Good luck hun, I hope it clears up soon for you. You don't need the worry. At least they heard the heartbeat again. As the nurse said just put your feet up and watch some bad saturday tv.

Hope you feel better soon

xx

At about 2.30 this afternoon I went to the loo. When I pulled my underwear down my pad was covered in bright red blood. When I wiped the tissue paperwork was covered in it. In a complete panic I rang OH, who is on his way home from Cornwall. He told me to ring Dad. Before I rang my Dad I went to the loo again and passed a clot about the size of a 10p coin. I rang OH back and said thats it, the babys gone.
Rang Dad who jumped in his car again and came over. We decided to call my aunt who's a midwife before going to A&E. My aunt suggested ringing the EPU and see what they suggest. I called them and spoke to a lovely nurse who said as I'm not in any pain or having any cramps, which she would expect, and because th bleeding had slowed right down (now it is spotting again and is more pink than red) she said it sounded more like a blod clot than a miscarriage.
She had booked me in for another scan on Tuesday, but she said if the bleeding picks up or if i start to get any pains I should go to A & E.
About an hour before I started bleeding, I had been cleaning out my animals which involves picking up a couple of hutches. I can't help but think this is something to do with it.
I started bleeding earlier this week after I had cleaned the animals and our house. My OH just thinks it is a coincidence, but me and my Dad think it's linked.
I am trying to remain hopeful that it is just a clot and my baby is still alive. Tuesday can't come quick enough, I just want to know one way or another.

(Sorry for the long post)

:hugs: i reeeealy hope you and your baby are ok. really take it easy and dont lift heavy things. xx

Dont think that the bleeding was to do with you lifting hutches! So dont blame yourself for the bleeding.
Ive got my fingers and toes tightly crossed for you and i hope you are ok...heres a big :hugs: take care xxx

So sorry you are having such a difficult time...I lost a baby at 5 weeks and know the anxiety you are facing right now. I pray that yours is ok. It's just a waiting game I guess...so difficult for you. I would say if you have any more bleeding at all, just get yourself down to A & E for your own peace of mind. I just pray your baby is strong and holding on in there.

All the best

Amanda x

do you wear gloves when cleaning out them if its rabbits???

i doubt lifting too much would of caused it as i pick up my 2 year old everyday but if you think there is a connection just dont do it from now on hope tuesday comes round quick for you

I hope everything is ok hunni! Please take it easy and rest as much as you can. Thinking of you

X x x x

:hug:

I agree with your aunt I think its more to do with the clot. I have had massive bleeds in past pg's (with sucessful results :) )and huge clots, keep resting if only to make yourself feel like you're being proactive.

The really good thing is you've seen the baby's HB :) so all, statiscally; should still be ok :hug:

oh i hope everything is ok, i doubt its from lifting too, but your doctor told you to rest today so do just that, then you cant punish yourself and blame yourself when really anything like this really isn't your fault, i have had 5 miscarraiges and it took me ages after loosing the twins to stop feeling guilty cause i was told to rest after i lost the 1st one and i didn't i carried on doing everyting and then lost the 2nd one. i would hate for anyone else to feel the same way i did i punished myself for years. also i had bad bleeding with my 3rd i even heamoraged i bled that bad and all was fine. Also i pushed my car off the drive and onto the road a few weeks ago totally forgetting i was pregnant and i didn't even spot.

I really hope you and baby are ok. Please do not blame yourself, you have done nothing wrong and stressing out will not do you any good.
I think if you are still really worried, I would personaly got to a&e just for your piece of mind or you are going to worry yourself sick.

The bleeding slowed right down, and by about 8.30 last night it was back to brown discharge and probably less than I was having before the bleed yesterday. I passed another very small clot last night but have had nothing since. Still no cramping or pain.
I've still got brown discharge when I wipe.
I'm still trying to stay positive and I am praying it was a clot that caused the bleed yesterday.
I'm going to take it very easy today, haven't decided whether to go to work tomorrow or not yet. I feel OK in myself, apart from being worried, but can't really concentrate on anything.

Thanks for all your well wishes, it really means a lot to me.

Midnight - No I don't wear gloves when I clean the rabbit out. Should I? I've not read anything to say it's dangerous? I've got guinea pigs too- should I be wearing gloves???

I bled with clots for 3 weeks and had to stay in bed untill it stopped with my daughter...she's 17 now :)

I would rest until Tuesday, try to stay home from work if you can and put your feet up for a few days.

I know you have to wear gloves with reptiles and cat litter, not read nothing about rabbits but it can't hurt to wear gloves just incase.

Hope all goes well Tuesday, fingers crossed for you xxxx

:hugs: i agree with Tee, i would stay at home and put your feet up till tuesday.

Make sure you get plenty of rest x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well im glad the bleeding has slowed right down...thinking of you, hope everythings ok xxx

Sorry you've had such a worrying time :( Please try and rest as much as possible and try not to worry yourself sick, easier said than done, I know :)
I've read lots of posts (on here and on other forums) and lots of articles about early pregnancy and the risks etc and the general advice they all give is to erst as much as possible, try not to worry and just do what feels right for you. If you think there is a link between heavy lifting and your bleeds then don't do it! Although (apparently) there's no proven link between 'doing too much' and miscarriage... if your body is telling you that it's not happy with the lifting, then listen to it :)
Hope you're feeling better today... thinking of you :hug: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back