6 weeks pregnant and started bleeding today :(

coruscating17

Reaction score
Started off with just brown, pale discharge this morning which the doctor wasn't worried about, but after my appointment it became more like a period with fresh blood and very small clots. This has continued on and off through the day. I'm wearing a pantyliner which has had hardly anything on it, but there is blood everytime I go to the toilet. Really worried and haven't got a scan until Tuesday. Had period-pain style cramps earlier today during a long walk but these have subsided. Anyone else had the same problem and everything been fine??
I've also not really had any other symptoms at all..no nausea, only very slightly achy breasts and nothing else. 5 out of 5 positive pregnancy tests though.
It's hard not to worry but it's nice to know other people experience the same problems but it turns out to be fine. Not feeling very hopeful at the moment though :(

Hi hun, some ladies do bleed in their pregnancy and go on to be fine. Is there no chance you can get an earlier scan? x

Unfortunately not...that's their first available appointment. But I guess there's nothing that could be done even if I did have it earlier...just hard knowing I have to play out the next 3 days and hope for the best. I was already worried about having really no symptoms and then the bleeding started! I only got home from doing a long haul flight yesterday so was wondering if maybe that has triggered anything, but haven't found anything on the internet. Who knew that pregnancy was so worrying! Some people seem to do it so effortlessly!!

hope everything turns out ok, try and stay positive hun xx

Thank you. I'll try. Just want Tuesday to hurry up and come and hopefully for the bleeding to stop

fingers crossed for you, relax and get plenty of rest until tuesday xxx

Hope your ok hun good luck at the scan xxx

Thanks everyone. I'm still bleeding today but have no pain so hoping that's a good sign. Time will tell...

There seems to be a lot of reasons for bleeding during early pregnancy. Please try to relax and for one reason or another we are all desperately hoping this week goes quick. Will be praying for you love.
If you get one single pain produce yourself at a&e, they won't turn you away xxxxxxxxxxx

It's so hard not to worry, but please stay positive. x

Hi hun. I had bleeding at 6, 7 and 8 weeks the one at 8 weeks was like a period with clots and filled a sanitary towel. But after each time I had a scan and babes hb was strong and there was no reason for the bleed. Hope that gives you a little comfort. Fx for you hun. xxxx

Hope all goeswell at ur scan! Ill be thinking of u xxx

The bleeding has not been bad...haven't even needed a pad, but just passed a small hard clot which I'm convinced is the baby, because why else would it be hard? Feeling really dizzy too :(

Hun go to a&e. If you can't get there yourself ring an ambulance. You need to know what's going on for your own sanity. Am praying so hard for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thinking of you hun, i know what your going through as when i mc in may it was over the bank hol, i started on the sat and could get a scan till tue. Its the most awful wait. Hopefully u will be ok. My bleeding got alot worse over the 1st day, yours isnt like that so hopefully everything will be fine. were all here if u need anything xx

do you have an Epu that you can call or drop into , they would be able to help you or advise maybee. I would keep the clot and take it with you, maybee they would scan you earlier if you turned up - try to keep positive , to be quite honest with you - I had bleeding / spotting with both my last pregnancys , one was not good , but the other was all fine, you just need to get checked again hun - have everything crossed for you x

It's so nice having support on here. I have excellent support from my partner and parents too but mum had no bleeding in her pregnancies so can't feel what I"m going through....it's good to hear from others who have experienced this. If my dizzyness gets worse I might go to A&E but the thought of sitting there for 5 hours or more is rubbish! Will see if I can get an appointment at an EPU on Monday...would rather just know what's happening

Hey hun, I'm currently going through a mc, I'm not saying that's what is happening to you but my midwife told me that if I ever have anything that I am seriously concerned or worried about to go straight to a&e. U might even be able to get a scan. Saying that tho, I personally know girls who have had seriously bad bleeding but their babies were fine. As for any dizzyness, it could be dehydration which I have so drink plenty of fluids and take it easy. If u want to pm me or anything feel free, just don't worry too much xxxx

Last edited:
Some people do bleed during their pregnancy and then it stops,and i think you will be off with a check up,with the scan you can always ring them to see if someone has cancelled their appoitment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back