When did you tell everyone?

dollface79

Reaction score
Since finding out we were pregnant it's taken all my willpower in stopping my OH from telling the entire world. You would think it was his first not 4th lol As it's my first and i found out very early i don't want to tell people yet, i made this mistake along time ago and un-doing what i had told people nearly killed me after having a mc.

I'm only 6 weeks and 3 days and want to wait till at least i get my 12 week scan and see if everything is ok (as i'm still worried about these pains i get).

When did you finally share the news?

Lisa x

My oh told everyone straight away lol I would have coz I,m not good at keeping quiet, but he got there first!!

We told family as soon as we found out but waited to tell our friends until after the 12 week scan.
I was worried something would go wrong too but all is fine.

Having had a previous m/c you may want to wait before telling everyone but I am sure telling a few close friends and family members will be fine?

I am sure this will be your sticky bean but I understand you may not want everyone to know straight away!

xxxxxxxxx

I told my daughter, mum, dad, brothers and my fav cousin straight away after I got possitive. But bf didn't want to tell his parents till we were 12 weeks but since we spent xmas with them we had to tell them at 11 weeks :) Everyone else 12 weeks x

only told my mom and a close fried when we found out and rest of family after 1st scan, but only declared it to the whole world of facebook at 22 weeks :) xx

I only told close friends and out mums that was it, everyone else is only just finding out now and we are nearly 17 weeks still not put it Facebook xxx

We were going to wait for 12 week scan before telling anyone (parents included) - but then some things happened to change our minds and we told his parents about a week before Christmas (they live far away from us). My parents we told on Christmas day - I bought a CB digi, which I peed on in the morning and wrapped up.

But apart from that, and my boss and HR at work - we're telling no one else. Honest. :D

I'm dying to tell the world, I'm also leaving it till the 12th week for friends and work etc but 8 weeks for mums - well my mum secretly knows but she will pretend to be shocked LOL xxx

I found out at 5 and a half weeks and told my boss that same day (through pure and utter shock!), then told my sister in law the next day as I'm close to her and was very confused and unsure what I wanted to do. Then told my mum a few days after that.

Then everyone else found out within a few weeks. Think everyone in my family knew by week 10, whereas my friends didn't find out til a bit after that

Last edited:
We told family at around 5 weeks, I told my bosses at around 9 weeks, only so they knew if I looked half asleep all day! Then everyone else knew after the 12 week scan, when we knew everything was ok.

With my first I told pretty much everyone by 6 weeks, unfortunately I had a mmc. It was so hard to tell everyone about the mc. So this time other than my sister, aunt, 2 close friends I trusted and my boss I didn't tell anyone until after 3 early scans at 11 weeks xx

Last edited:
I really want to tell work because I am over tired and a bit snappy which is not like me but there is a job I applied for before I got pregnant and I'm waiting for the interview. I think they would be biased on the interview panel if I tell them now...xx

Just posted the exact same question in Tri 1 we told my parents and hubby's parents straight away. Then told hubby's sister at 8 weeks.... I managed to blurt it out today to one of my collegues (not sure what came over me!!). I'm just so excited, but worried at the same time....

xx

Me and my OH told family at 6 weeks and I told work after my 12 week scan xx

Told my mum and best friend at 5 weeks and his brother at 8 weeks. We then told the rest of the family after the 12 week scan and then other people at about 15 weeks.

I told my mum, dad and sister straight away. Also had to tell boss then as I teach fitness classes and wanted them to take me off the teaching rota straight away. Told couple close friends then too but everyone else had to wait until after early scan at 10 weeks. Only now am I open with telling people and that's only because I can't hide the fact any longer. Am still really nervous about things going wrong but have got to think positive. :)

Thanks guys! I would love to tell someone now... literally no one but me and OH know... well apart from my stepson who found a pregnancy test in the cupboard lol He asked his dad if i were pregnant and OH just laughed and walked away so i think Ben knows lol

I'm just too scared to do it yet and then have to tell them there is no baby! I have my first midwife appointment today so will see what she says!

Lisa x

I've told some people, only OH family, but am going to tell my family next week after my midwife appointment. It's more complicated with my family, as they aren't going to be as happy about it :(

I have bitten the bullet... and told my mum! Apparently she already knew because she had been dreaming it lol Kinda strange considering a week before i got BFP i had a dream i was pregnant aswell xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back