rant over work colleague - when did you tell work you were pregnant?

LucyAnn

Reaction score
So I'm just sitting here working and a colleague of mine just walked past and jabbed me hard in my sides you know people usually do it to scare ya! Well she's not to know I'm pregnant but my god I may go down for murder- not happy it hurts and it's right by where bean is!!! In a way I wish I had told work by now cus that obviously wouldn't have happened! !!!

When did u tell work and what was there reaction? Xxx

Yikes, I bet she would feel awful if she knew!
I told my manager early on, as I had an early mc the month before, so just wanted him to be aware.
I had some funny symptoms with the first pg and just wanted him to be fully aware, in case I wasn't firing on all cylinders. Haven't told my colleagues though, waiting for after 12week scan I think.
Hope you are ok x

So I'm just sitting here working and a colleague of mine just walked past and jabbed me hard in my sides you know people usually do it to scare ya! Well she's not to know I'm pregnant but my god I may go down for murder- not happy it hurts and it's right by where bean is!!! In a way I wish I had told work by now cus that obviously wouldn't have happened! !!!

When did u tell work and what was there reaction? Xxx

oh what a 'funny' joke! I'd hate that.

I haven't told anyone at work yet. When I will decide to, I don't expect any other reaction apart from 'Oh, right, I see' or something like that. No-one cares.

I told 3 people at work pretty much straight away because although Im only in catering, I dont want to lift the heavy stuff or sort the deliveries out (cases of booze, drink etc) and Ive been so exhausted sitting down a lot they thought I was being lazy !

Same as cherry binky - because of my job i had to tell a couple of people never enough straight away but i told everyone by about 10 weeks and they were all lovely about it x

I told my manager at 9 weeks and the rest when i'd had my scan xxx

I told my CEO when I was 10 weeks and no one else until I was 5.5 months lol

I told my boss when I was 8.5 weeks and will tell the rest after my scan a week tomorrow

i left it quite late! i had a week booked of holiday, so wrote it in a letter, dropped it off to work the first day of my holiday and when i went back only the manager and deputy new!!! by which point i was 15 weeks :) told everyone else and there were all shocked but happy for me! hope it goes ok, and i wouldn't worry about bean, their well protected in there and still very low in the pelvis until 13/14 weeks!!! xxx

I think I was around 8 weeks when I finally told my manager and coworkers. The main reason for sharing so early is because I had HORRRIBLE morning sickness and was getting sick all the time. One of my coworkers thought I was bulimic since she kept walking in on me while I was in the bathroom. :/

But in any case, they were all really excited since my department is filled with hens only. ;)

Thanks ladies for the reasurance about bean and for your stories about when you told work :)

I work in an office with lots of guys so i am expecting stick of some kind so will end up either crying or walking out! my managers will be sound but there is a girl here 6 months pregnant and a male colleague turned around i quote 'you are a deadweight now you are pregnant, you are no use on our team' we work in sales but if he had said that to me he wouldnt be walking - but she just laughed it off!!

so im scared because i know that i will end up getting upset and dont want to get stressed over work! xxxx

I finally told my manager yesterday. Had to really as I work with my mil and she's told most people!

I am going to tell people after my scan, its a scary thought!

well i told the bosses pretty much straight away......but then they are my parents lol

then I told the guy i share an office with at about 14 weeks, and the rest of the factory probably about 15-16 weeks :)

everyone that works here, has worked here forever and most of them know me form when I was little so its a bit different for me really

I work for my Dad at the mo (on and off, just general admin work) and Obv my parents were the first to know...

I do play in a brass band though, and there I a girl who likes to sneak up behind me and poke me in the sides...I HATE IT. And her. I'm going to have to get a "Hands off my Bump" T shirt to wear when I'm around her. If she touches me I swear she's getting minced.

lol x

Hehe I'm feeling the anger girls!

I too play in a brass band and haven't told anyone yet but if anyone touched me I'd have their head on a plate!

xxx

Hehe I'm feeling the anger girls!

I too play in a brass band and haven't told anyone yet but if anyone touched me I'd have their head on a plate!

xxx

Ooooh Meggymum what do you play? x Do you contest?? x We won our section this year and I'm seriously considering travelling down to CHeltenham at 38 weeks pregnant! I don't want to miss it lol :) x

Arghh if you snap just blame it on the hormones, men are stupid but I don't think they would like it if they upset ya by having a joke and I think they would say sorry, Tell people when you are ready too, but I told my tutors at college I was pregnant when I was 9 weeks and Told my friends 12 week+, I've just started telling other people now. It's whenever you feel ready, ob around 16 weeks you'll start to grow a bump though, so plan quick!! Lol, bean wont wait for anything! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back