When to start buying stuff.

xmcnickyx

Reaction score
Hello!

Im 14 weeks this week and have been looking at prams. Have seen one both me and the husband really like but wondering if it's too early to buy itn (well, my sister is buying it so gettin her to buy it :D )

I don't want it to disappear or anything. When did you all start buying stuff?

I think whenever you feel ready. I bought my pram at 12 weeks, crazy early, but I got a super duper deal I knew I wouldn't have had the chance again.

I then started buying more stuff after my 20 week scan, but OH didn't want me to start before then. I've got a load of maternity leave off, so will try and leave most of it until then (try being the operative word).

Well i'v just started buyin mine, but to be honest i dont think i will be able to afford lots of thing around the same time so i am gettings bits as and when.

I'm just worried if I leave it too long it'll be discontinued or something.

Also if I get a pram then it makes it real and I have to start thinking about giving birth :shock: :D

Ive bought a few bits and bobs but nothing too big or expensive just yet. If i get a pram i will want to leave it at my parents.

WELL I HAVE GOT EVERYTHING GIVEN TO ME, SO WAS PRETTY LUCKY SO I HAVE EVERYTHING, EXCEPT BREAST PUMP (WHICH I WILL OBVIOUSLY BUY NEW) AND MY PRAM WHICH MY SISTER BABYS GOD MOTHER IS BUYING IN JULY....

EVEN GOT NAPPIES AND WIPES HE HE HE HE...

pretty much started to buy stuff at 16 weeks and then really went crazy after the 20 weeks scan. Have pretty much got everything now, husband loves buying baby stuff as much as me. so money isnt an issue, lol :lol:

Same just buying stuff as i see it and trying to get things when i can afford them, if your worried get it babe :)

my mum ordered our pram not long after our 12 week scan & ive bought stuff as & when ive seen it since then. makes it a lot cheaper than buying in bulk. think we've near enough got everythingwe need now as well & it doesnt feel like weve spent loads. majority of clothes will be bought once it shows itself so we know what colour to get :D

I ahve been buying things for a few weeks! Just little things really as havent the space just yet for other things like the pram lol! I need to re-do the spare room into a nursery and then I can store them in there!
Cant wait to get cracking though!! :dance:

We've bought a couple of little things, few little bodysuits and bibs but that's it so far! Can't wait to start buying properly, don't get a 20wk scan but think as others on here seem to wait til then we're going to start buying the bigger bits and bobs then, can't wait!!! Only a week to go :dance:

Sarah x

i knew exactly which pram i wanted to bought it off ebay pretty much as soon as i found out, i figured it was early but what the heck so i have put it in the attic for a while.

I've started buying a few things here and there for a couple of weeks, got a travel system off Ebay yesterday, nothing special but clean and useable so fits my criteria lol. Have a cot on watch atm too.

Having to buy cheap little bits as we go along as not much dosh, due to me having to give up work last year due to illness and OH gave up work to care for me - he's getting on my nerves now so hopefully he'll go back to work soon! :rotfl:

Sarah xxx

I've got loads of stuff from last time so I don't really "need" anything much at all. All I've bought so far is maternity bras!

I'll be buying a few baby outfits but other than that we'll re-use any neutral stuff that we had for Lucy and then wait till after baby is born and we know if its a boy or a girl.

The main thing I want is to decorate the little bedroom as a nursery and freshen up Lucy's room - she could do with a new bed and some curtains/duvet covers etc.

I ordered the pram at about 22 weeks, knew which one i wanted from about 10 weeks, it was on offer at the baby show so had to get it! Will be delivered middle of August,

We have only just really started buying the big things and i think thats because i got past 24 weeks so relaxed a little, and also because both sets of grandparents gave us money

I will buy most of the little bits when i go on Annual Leave 8 weeks before she is due

I have only bought bits and bobs so far......bibs, vests, sleepsuits, toiletries, few nappies etc etc.

We haven't really bought any bigger items yet although we have found the travel system we want and we've narrowed the nursery furniture down to two.

we're going on holiday at the end of this month and the plan is to start to buy things once we get back from holiday, we'll be heading for 3rd tri by then. We didn't want to order anything too early becaye of storage really

We found the pushchair we wanted ages ago but I didn't want to buy it to early am glad we didn't now cause they just brought out a new model and its loads beter then old one we brought it last week and love it. I wont have it in the house though or the crib which we've ordered and get in a couple of weeks, we have nearly everything now brought clothes and stuff in dips and drabs over the weeks since my 12 week scan although more since my 20 week scans and have it all stored in cuboards out of sight have some more bits and pieces to buy but nearly there, think will feel quite sad when run out of things to buy though! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back