When are you going on maternity leave?

orangefluff

Reaction score
Just interested to know when people are planning on starting maternity leave?

I'm planning on finishing at 34 weeks - mid October - will take a weeks holiday allowance before the actual mat start date. This is because I work an hour away from home and long days and I'm finding it hard enough at the moment let alone when I'm really big. Also I want to take a year off and me and OH are going to be moving next year around October/November and I have to work a month before handing in my notice or else they take my maternity back from me.

I also want to rest up :nap: before the birth and get everything sorted in the house and maybe catch up with some friends before I don't have time on my hands anymore!

Does anyone think this is really early? Anyone working right up until due date?

i go 27 september but have 2 weeks annual leave before that, mainly cuz my job is very physical

I'm leaving at 33 weeks, using all my holiday up which will take me to 39 weeks then that's when I'll start my mat leave!! I've only got 16 shifts left yay!! Counting down already!

I ahve been off sick since the 18th june and go back the 3rd Aug I was planning in working til the end of Oct - mid Nov but I have 4 weeks holiday to use so Maternity leave wont actually start til the week the baby is due, also I am not planning in going back and def taking the whole year off, can you not use your new 4 weeks annual leave as your months notice at the other side thats what my mangager said I can do as long as i let them know I am not going back xx

Haven't decided yet...would like to leave about 3-4 weeks before due date but will see how I feel. Don't want to start mat. leave too early as if the baby's late I will have been off for about 5-6 weeks and won't to have as much leave as possible after the baby's born.

Will just have to see how I feel around October time and go from there.

I've got 2 weeks annual leave left so will be finishing at 34 weeks. Can't wait!!!

Think I'm going to go at 35 weeks but have holiday to to take so mat leave will kick in at 38 weeks. Well...I think that's what I'm going to do...might do one extra week and finish at 36 weeks...ooooh, decisions, decisions!!! :) xxx

I will be going at 34 weeks, and I have the 6 week summer holiday before that as I work in a school :) Week and a half to go xx

39 weeks... can't afford not to.

What a pile of shite.

I'm planning on going 4 weeks before due date, so mid-October. I will have used up most of my holiday by then so will be starting maternity leave pretty much straight away.

I've been pondering this, it's hard because I have NO IDEA how I'm going to feel. At the moment I'm thinking about going 3 weeks before the due date but may go for 2 in the end. I can only afford to take about 6 months maternity leave so want as much time with baby, and not just sitting waiting. It all looks so regimented looking at the forms from work, needing to give 28 days notice etc, so just have to guess I suppose :eek:/

Been thinking about this recently before I tell my boss I'm pregnant this time round, as she will ask me so quickly! , hopefully leave at 34 weeks I think , unless things have changed I always have 38 week sections due to a previous operation, so that will allow for that and still give me at keast 4 weeks before to get ready and do a bit of xmas shop for the kids in peace and quiet!

I ahve been off sick since the 18th june and go back the 3rd Aug I was planning in working til the end of Oct - mid Nov but I have 4 weeks holiday to use so Maternity leave wont actually start til the week the baby is due, also I am not planning in going back and def taking the whole year off, can you not use your new 4 weeks annual leave as your months notice at the other side thats what my mangager said I can do as long as i let them know I am not going back xx

Hmm interesting, hadn't thought of that, that would be great, will look into it... :think:

my ML starts on the 25th nov, but using annual leave so last day in work will be 17th nov money is very tight so would rather try to have more time off with baby as will prob have to go back late spring next year :-(

I worked up until 38 weeks the last time which worked out fine as she didn't come until over 41 weeks. At the time I would have rathered have more time at the other with my baby here. This time I have absolutely no idea I would like to work up as much as poss but am assuming as it's 2 I will be like the side of house. I feel massive at the moment and I'm just coming up for 17 weeks :lol:

I'm on school hols from 23rd July but then go back to work in sept for 3 weeks so mat leave officially starts on 24th sept which is when I am 37 weeks I think.

Last edited:
my maternity is starting a week before, got 2 weeks leave off before that so last day at work is 29th oct,

was hoping to have the full year but dont think we will be able to afford 3 months with no pay, so gona go back mid august when SMP stops after 39weeks,

my employers make us go back to our current role for 3 months to keep maternity pay, so thats pants, id love to leave and be a house mummy for a while, but hopin i can go back 4 days a week insted of 5 to give me more time with the little person,

:)

xxx

Hi all I'm thinking of leaving for maternity leave at 35 weeks (using 2 weeks annual leave) making Friday November 12th my last day at work. I would have liked to go earlier as work is going to be very quiet at the end of the year as they are making 550 redundancies (all expected to go by Sept / Dec) and most of my team will have left by October.

I currently work 1 day a week from home but am hoping that my manager will let me increase this to 2 days a week from end of September. I have over an hour's commute to work so hopefully she will understand my reasons.

When do you need to confirm your maternity dates to your employer?

I am starting my maternity leave at 39 weeks and i want to save the holidays i will accrue and use them at the end of my maternity leave so i get longer with the baby - and get to spend some of the summer with the baby and get paid for it!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back