Maternity Leave!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Crackers, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Crackers

Crackers Well-Known Member

I've just had my HR meeting and have had all of my maternity dates confirmed. We get a pretty good maternity package here (one of the benefits of me staying put for 7 and a half years!) and I'm pretty chuffed with what I've got:

My last day will be 30th March (only 9 weeks to go ... woop!) I'll start off using up almost 5 weeks of holiday allowance, and then maternity leave will start on 8th May (5 days before due date). I'll then take a year off, and add on bank holidays and some accrued annual leave at the end, and wont be due back at work until.....3 JUNE 2013!!!

Throughout the whole lot I'll only be paid nothing for 2 months, and we've been saving like crazy to cover us (mortgage/bills/etc) whilst I'm on SMP/not paid.

Excited!

2. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

Sounds great! Lucky you :D

3. pixie17

pixie17 Well-Known Member

wow that sounds like a great package! enjoy!

4. coruscating17

coruscating17 Well-Known Member

Sounds very good! I will be lucky to have 4 months off and can't imagine being able to finish before 39 weeks given our lack of finances and me only being entitled to Mat Allowance :-(

5. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

wow thats fab...

coruscating17 - i feel in the same boat at the moment will have to look over the policy of mat leave ovwer the weekend x