Maternity Leave

Really? Even though I have been told which date I will be made redundant? They are saying how they want to redeploy as many people as they can but I seem to be being ignored. And jobs are being given to brand new staff before me. Where do you get the info about that from? X

And vix forgot to say there still paying redundancy but only been there a year so not worth taking it in place of being redeployed x

Its on the Bounty website, but I spoke to ACAs too. I would go to HR & say you are getting made redudant on xxx date but you had intended on taking mat leave on xxx date (earliest you can go is 11 wks before ur due date) so youve been advised that they have to redeploy you as a priority. I hate confrontation too but that way ur not confronting just making them aware than you know your rights, x

hopefully scare them a little bit into not messing u abt!x

I'm goin 5 weeks earlier than i would like so im more likely to have a job to come bk to i know its less time with bubs but itll mean less stress for you in the long run x

I had no idea about that. That's helped a lot. Thank you. Will defo phone and make enquiries tomorrow about it. I don't even know why I'm bothering to try keep a job with them, they are terrible to me lol. Just want it for some security. Are your work going to try and redeploy you? Hopefully ill win lottery while on mat leave haha xx

I'm a stay at home wife so don't work! Lol no maternity leave for me! Or is it one long maternity leave?? Lol

Hope you sort the situation out soon with the redundancy!

Xx

Im finishing end of may. so about 5 weeks maternity leave - but we should be moving around that time so i need all the time i can get! i too have 25 days holiday that needs to be taken before maternity leave so im taking every monday and tuesday off in May, so i can have 4 days off 3 days on of work. and i cant wait! im sick of working already!

They haven't said yet as I haven't told them when I intend to start mat leave. Think theyvare just expecting I'll still be working when they make me redundant so they can just hoof me out! But that's the law so it can't really be argued! I don't know why i'm bothered abt working there either, they are awful to me too but I need security now the babys on it's way! x

with my little boy i worked full time up 2 lots of stairs day in day out with criminals hahah so i tool dmy leave as eary as i could with my holidays too

but this time im still in the same company but only work part time its only one lot of stairs an not with criminals so i think ill work till i drop so to speak as i like doing what i can, i just get board at home plus my lil boy loves play group hehe x x x x x

I'm going away in the caravan 17th May-24th. Was thinking of just taking maternity leave from the 24th but it seems a bit early! Not too sure what to do. Hope you find a job you enjoy next year hun x

I'm the same, I'm working right up until 38 weeks so I can spend longer with baby. I'd love to start my leave earlier but finances just won't allow it because I want to be off with baby until the beginning of next year (about 6 months). Wouldn't it be nice if we got full pay for 52 weeks?!!!

xx

It would be great to get a full 52 weeks pay! For the amount of tax we pay we bloody should get a full year pay lol. I just dont know what to do about stopping, my work really gets me down and dont think its good for my health. My plan is to look for a new job in January, and will only be looking for part time. I think ill maybe stop at 32 weeks as i get made redundant at 34weeks anyway so not much difference x

I'm going to start my maternity leave on the 3rd May. Think I will be 36 weeks then. I'm going to have 9 months off. Wish it could be a full year but can't afford to not get paid at all for the last 3 months. xx

Yeah think you will be around that cos im 36 weeks 30th april and your 1 day ahead of me so you must be 36 weeks on 29th april? Didnt realise our dates areso close lol x

My plan is to work up to 38 weeks. Then I'm going to take 4 months as I can't live on the governments maternity pay and seems I quite lucky I get full pay for first 13 weeks!!

Emma I hadn't realised before now that our dates were so close! It's nice to know someone that is due near me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back