What's going on?

Lozzaste

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently CD38 - way longer than my usual 30 days. I got one smiley face on CD16 which was gone when I tested a matter of hours later and not backed up by the monitor or the Internet cheapie ones.
I've done a few tests and they have been BFN. I haven't tested again until today and I had drunk at least 2ltrs water (was in meetings - I drink loads of water!) There was the faintest shadow on there, not even enough to photograph - but not an evap either.
Has anyone else had a rogue long cycle like this? I'm worried something is wrong!
Any thoughts appreciated! Xx

2 years ago I had one that was 45 days. I normally have 26-29 day cycles. It's not happend again and I don't know why it happend. The only thing I can think that might of caused it was in hindsight I was dealing with a lot of stressfull situations and even though at the time I thought I was handling thing well maybe it took it's toll in that way. Sorry I can't be more helpful, hope you get some answers soon x

I probably am stressed! My little girl has a brain issue (but is well, all in all) and I thought she suffered an absence seizure in the last few weeks, and then I was in hospital with her again at the weekend when she had an allergic reaction so it may well be!
Xx

Sorry to hear about your daighters brain issue it could probably be stress xx

Aww that is a stressfull situation. Af being late wont of helped. Give it a bit more time but if it gets rediculously late go see a doctor and see if they can give you something. I don't want to add to the stress but is there a chance it's a shy bean?

I don't *feel* stressed if you see what I mean? I'm ok :)
I don't think it would be possible that a test would still be BFN if I'm over a week late would it? I daren't even google that as I would give myself false hope!
Xx

I really hope it's not a strange cycle for you hun and that this is your shy bfp xxx

Has anyone ever had that, late periods BFN and then a BFP? X

I know what you mean about not feeling stressed. We'd just moved house, dh was away working, dd had some adjustment issues and ended up needing counciling and a bereavement. I felt I was taking it in my stride but wonder now if it had something to do with it.
I don't know about being late, getting a bfn then a bfp.

I have had a longer cycle at a time where I didn't feel stressed out, but looking back, I probably was. Have you been taking any supplements? Some supplements can give you longer cycles if taken at the wrong time.

That is weird, have you tested again?

I've been testing pretty much every day and they are stark BFNs.
I just want AF now so we can start planning next month. This whole TTC lark is so unbelievably stressful! It's been 18 months now, and 8 since the last mc x

Oh hun, I don't know what to suggest apart from maybe seeing your GP. I've heard of women not getting a positive pg test until 2 or 3 weeks late. Maybe your GP could check your blood hcg to at least let you know what's going on?

I've booked an appointment for tomorrow (quite cool for me that it's open on a sat!) I'm actually seeing my own doc too who knows all the history so I'm hoping she will take pity on me and order blood tests and maybe give me something to start it off :) x
I've got the new fangled clearblue ovulation tests and I'm itching to try them out! X

Oh good, I hope she does the bloods for you xx

That's good, I'll keep an eye out for an update. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back