Very faint lines on Ebay cheapies!! Help! xx

Good luck, I suppose you will have more of an answer now, though just to say that I have had those faint lines go either way. Although from my experience, if you get a very faint line on an IC, always do another and if you get the same line, then the chances are you're onto something.

Hey Girls!

Sorry I've been on I've not been up long, 12 hour flight killed me!

Thanks for all your nice posts and for thinking of me...

Bad news i'm afraid, the witch got me on the plane well she's on the way anyway, which is great!- Not, but I had a feeling after the BFNs I got yesterday morning.

I've just had some more bad news as well, my smear that I had done 10 weeks ago finally came back and it's abnormal, I have to go to the hospital next week, I have an appointment Tuesday with the fertility Gynecologist and an appointment on Thursday for a Colposcopy!

Anyone had a Colposcopy?

Also I have been told I'm gonna need a laparoscopy, but will have to wait 13 weeks.

I don't know whether I should go private for everything, I'm loosing so much confidence in the NHS at the moment, 10 weeks for my smear is a joke, and I know that somethings not right with me and I thinks my pill has well and truly F***ed me which I fully hold the NHS responsible for as you are only meant to be on it for a year and they put me on it for 10!!

Has anyone been seen privately for any of these things?

xx

Hi sorry she got you :( and sorry about your tests all will be ok hun :hugs: xx

Oh Maybe I'm so sorry I hope you're ok love - omg what a lot to be slapped in the face with. :hugs:
Sounds like a thorough investigation and it'll be good to know what's going on. Hope you're ok xxxxx

Hi Maybe

Sorry to hear about AF and the other bad news.

I have had a couple of abnormal smears in the past & 2 colospocys (I can't spell that!! you know what I mean tho...) Basically they stick a tube inside you to have a look (I think at your cervix... you get to watch it too live on screen if you want!!) and then take a small scraping to check that the cells there are ok. It didn't particularly hurt altho the nurses were worried I would faint as apparently everyone else who'd been in that chair during the week had fainted!!

To cut a long story short, my colospopys were fine and the smears have reverted back to normal of their own accord. I think there are 3 levels of smear abnormalities and abnormal smears probably fall into the "not quite right so we should check" category. I think these are often assumed to be caused by the HPV virus.

Incidentally both the nurse and the doctor doing the thingy were really lovely and the nurse even called me at about 7.30pm that evening to check I was ok (I was uncontactable earlier due to job interviews or something at the time). Sorry to hear about your experience with the NHS but there are definitely people who work there who are great - hope your coloscopy goes well for you xx

Last edited:
Hi Maybe

Sorry to hear about AF and the other bad news.

I have had a couple of abnormal smears in the past & 2 colospocys (I can't spell that!! you know what I mean tho...) Basically they stick a tube inside you to have a look (I think at your cervix... you get to watch it too live on screen if you want!!) and then take a small scraping to check that the cells there are ok. It didn't particularly hurt altho the nurses were worried I would faint as apparently everyone else who'd been in that chair during the week had fainted!!

To cut a long story short, my colospopys were fine and the smears have reverted back to normal of their own accord. I think there are 3 levels of smear abnormalities and abnormal smears probably fall into the "not quite right so we should check" category. I think most of these are put down to the HPV virus.

Thanks so much for that Tinselcat, you made that sound a lot less scary than the stupid NHS leaflet!

I think I can handle the screen thing, i'm not too squeamish and I'm a bit of a curious person!

xx

Last edited:
oh no!! Sorry to hear that the witch got you and that now you are faced with everything else too, why does all this stuff happen to people in such quick succession?

As for the smear, try not to worry yourself too much, one of mine came back abnormal once but they just did another and it was fine. One of my friends also had abnormal results but it turned out that she had some sort of infection. The only thing to come of it was that she had to put antibiotic cream up her foo for a while :lol: and now they keep a closer eye on her. Once you come under their attention like this I think they will be more inclined to keep a closer eye on you.

Your GP can always advise you on private treatment I'm sure. They have nothing to lose by giving you an honest opinion on it xx

Glad my experience has been of help then! :) I didn't like the leaflets/letters I got sent in the post, maybe it's because they are so impersonal and emphasising that Things Could Be Wrong? But it is good to know that it is not always the case.

I think the doctor told me that the "abnormal cells" (in my case) were basically normal cells that had shifted down the, er, insides a bit, and had caused the smear test to come up as citing irregularities.

IMO the colopscopy is a good thing as it basically takes a deeper look at what's going on in there, rather than ending up with a couple of years of abnormal smears and yet another request that you have your next smear in 6 months, like happened to me for a bit!!

I'm sorry to hear the witch got you Hun!
Hope your abnormalities is just an infection like princess mentioned!!
Xx

hi maybe baby. so sorry af arrived, was really hoping this was your month!

i have had colposcopy many times. everything tinselcat has said is spot on. i had abnormal cells too. had to go to the hospital for a colposcopy every six months so they could keep an eye on them. i believe there are actually 5 levels (?) you can be, 1 being the worst, i.e. u may need a minor op to remove the cells, and 5 being just for observatio. i was 3/4. had the colposcopy for 2 years and out of nowhere my cells just returned to normal. i cried when i found out as i get everything you can imagine wrong with me and out of the blue, back to normal. i have to go for smears every year now, the last one i had was normal and i'm due one now (always a bit nervous about it, i must get it booked) not sure i've helped here but the main thing i wanted to say is, it doesn't hurt and is very very similar to a smear, just takes a little teeny tiny bit longer and maybe the tool is slightly bigger but honestly, its nothing to worry about xx

Sorry about your bad news maybe, no advice on the smear other than know a few friends had abnormal smears and it all worked out ok. Hope you had a nice holiday!

Xxx

Sorry she got you hun and you have been given more bad news. I wouldnt worry to much at the moment about abnormal smear results, I had a few of mine come back abnormal my nurse said it was nothing to worry about and she would test me again until they came normal. I have also looked in to private treatment for my pcos but starting prices are around £650 plus so don't want to go down that road unless I have to, like you it will all depend on how quickly the nhs can do it.

vicky, do u mind me asking, what is the £650 for? i didn't think they could do anything for pcos?? i have it myself and thought i had to just live with it?? x

Costs include consultation, blood tests, scans etc... There is no cure for pcos but there are things they can give you to help the main one is clomid which basically helps your body to ovulate which is what I am trying to get. Other treatments are ovarian drilling which princess had. Check out a website called verity.co.uk its an online support site for women with pcos, it has a forum (which is nowhere near as good as PF) helped me answer a few questions I had.

that's great hun, thanks. i've been told i have very mild pcos (?) not sure what that means but i'm pretty sure i ovulate. going to book a drs appt soon to find out for sure.

i'll have a look at the website, thanks vicky x

oh no!! Sorry to hear that the witch got you and that now you are faced with everything else too, why does all this stuff happen to people in such quick succession?

As for the smear, try not to worry yourself too much, one of mine came back abnormal once but they just did another and it was fine. One of my friends also had abnormal results but it turned out that she had some sort of infection. The only thing to come of it was that she had to put antibiotic cream up her foo for a while :lol: and now they keep a closer eye on her. Once you come under their attention like this I think they will be more inclined to keep a closer eye on you.

Your GP can always advise you on private treatment I'm sure. They have nothing to lose by giving you an honest opinion on it xx

Thanks Princess!

That made me laugh about the 'foo!'

Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy.

xx

hi maybe baby. so sorry af arrived, was really hoping this was your month!

i have had colposcopy many times. everything tinselcat has said is spot on. i had abnormal cells too. had to go to the hospital for a colposcopy every six months so they could keep an eye on them. i believe there are actually 5 levels (?) you can be, 1 being the worst, i.e. u may need a minor op to remove the cells, and 5 being just for observatio. i was 3/4. had the colposcopy for 2 years and out of nowhere my cells just returned to normal. i cried when i found out as i get everything you can imagine wrong with me and out of the blue, back to normal. i have to go for smears every year now, the last one i had was normal and i'm due one now (always a bit nervous about it, i must get it booked) not sure i've helped here but the main thing i wanted to say is, it doesn't hurt and is very very similar to a smear, just takes a little teeny tiny bit longer and maybe the tool is slightly bigger but honestly, its nothing to worry about xx

Oh thanks Hun...

I'm feeling a bit better now, I don't know what I'd do without you guys!

I'm going next Thurs so not long to wait I guess, get your new test booked in Hun, better to be safe.

xx

Sorry she got you hun and you have been given more bad news. I wouldnt worry to much at the moment about abnormal smear results, I had a few of mine come back abnormal my nurse said it was nothing to worry about and she would test me again until they came normal. I have also looked in to private treatment for my pcos but starting prices are around £650 plus so don't want to go down that road unless I have to, like you it will all depend on how quickly the nhs can do it.

Hi Vicky,

after speaking to my Mil, who works for one of the main private hospital trusts I have decided not to go private and to keep both my appointments next week and see how they go, if I don't get a good outcome I will go private, to the best doctor in the area that she knows, but I'm going to give it a go first and see how the NHS goes.

One think I did learn today though is that you can choose to have your NHS referral at a private hospital if the hospital allows you too which most do now, for example the BMI medical group have private hospitals nationwide and they take NHS Gynecological patients free of charge with a letter from your doctor, have a look online-

http://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/hospital

The only thing is you don't get to choose exactly who you see just where and when.

Have a little look and see if it could work for you.

xx

Thanks maybe. I have bupa through my work but I am only coveredfor tests to find out what the problem is, I am not covered for the cost of treatment which sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back