What happens next?

cornishfairy

Reaction score
I am 99% sure I am miscarrying. Pregnancy tests have got so weak I can't see a line anymore, boobs feel normal again and I'm cramping and bleeding with increasingly larger clots. Bleeding started approx. 48 hrs ago and I think I'm around 5-7 weeks pregnant. Any idea how long the bleeding will last or is it totally different for everyone? This is our first pregnancy since ttc 2 years ago so we're finding it particularly hard although it has at least given us hope that we can conceive after starting to doubt our fertility.
Many years ago when I was single i had a termination with the 'abortion pill' so miscarried then (approx 9 weeks) and it was hideous! Clots were pouring out over about 48 hrs and I was vomiting. Obviously I didn't have to deal with the emotional trauma as it was my decision but this time I'm dreading what may be about to happen as its going to be heartbreaking for us.
Also, does anyone know how long it takes your cycle to start over again? And are we safe to start ttc straight away? Xx

oh hun i am so sorry you are dealing with this :hugs:

tbh everyone is different, i personally bled for 1 week after mc at 14 weeks, then my period came back around 3 weeks later as normal.

if you are having a misscarriage i would say wait until you have your first proper period again then ttc just to make it easier for you to know if you have ovulated etc

you should go to your EPU or docs tho sweety to get checked out xx so sorry

Last edited:
I know you cannot see the EPU just yet hun as you Dr has advised they will not see you before 6 weeks.

Sadly it is jsut a case of waiting it out and trusting your body to do what it had to do.

I've had miscarriages at 5 and 6 weeks and they were just like normal periods to be honest. I had my first miscarriage at 8.5 weeks and that was horrible - I had lots of pain and vledding but it eased off within about 8 hours! I did however bleed lightly for months afterwards.

We're all different though and no-one can tell you how this will pan out for you darling, just keep strong!

xxxxxxxx

Yeah I've been to docs a few times. Epu have told him they won't scan for another week as according to my last period I am only 5 weeks and it won't show up. I may be further along as I think i conceived in the previous cycle, but rules are rules and they have to go with the evidence we have. So i just gotta sit tight for now. Have been off work all week and really need to go back Monday so hopefully the worse will be over by then. Sorry to hear of your loss. 14 weeks must have been heartbreaking. Is that your only pregnancy so far or have you had a successful one yet? Xx

no thats the only one for me sweety x i didnt find out until my first scan. baby had no heartbeat and my body missed it

any mc, no matter how many weeks is just as hard though sweety x please rest up and take care of yourself

Thanks carnat. Helps just having you all here to chat to :)

Will do lynette. And I wish you lots of luck with ttc in the future. Xxx

and you lovely, your time will come sweets :hugs: hope you are ok love, as well as you can be anyway

Hi hun, i guess your question has already been answered but :hug:

Thanks tinselcat - all hugs and experiences welcome! It all helps :) 48 hours in and it's still all rather slow... Just want it all gone now really. Hoping I won't need medical intervention to remove any tissue but I guess only time will tell. Xx

Hiya sorry about ur loss as u know I am going through summet similar altho my body just does no know it and I so wish it would instead of it thinking all is ok just like last year :-( I had a dnc and will this time altho I did try last year for a medical managed mc and it was horendously painfull and just horrible and it still did not work so had to have dnc.I bled lightly for about 2-3 weeks on and off and I hope for the same this time and will ask for tests to be done on wjat they take away like last year to see if they can give me answers.I'm totaly numb atm just want the whole thing over with.wanted to send my love and hugs and I hope its not to bad for you and its over very quicky xxxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Thanks jojo. My thoughts are with you also. It must be so hard having to wait for medical intervention, especially after seeing ur bean with a heartbeat. Let's hope we both find the strength to carry on and get ourselves a sticky bean very soon. Xxxx

Hi just wanted to share my experience and tell you I know what your going through. I have just found out I have miscarried today. Thought I was 12 weeks pregnant going from last period (although have had irregular cycles since coming off pill 10 months ago) but have been having some bleeding for last 3 days. Started off just a tiny amount of brown when I wiped but has turned increasingly darker over last day and a half, still only a small amount tho nothing like a normal period. Anyway managed to get a scan at EPU this morning and there was nothing left. Apparently I must have been a good few weeks less than I thought and My body has got rid of everything, it's just so hard to comprehend as I had only a few cramps and not masses of blood. I have been reading posts on this forum all through this pregnancy but have never posted before but it's so reassuring knowing there is others going through the same thing and hearing all your stories.
Sending you lots of hugs and best wishes xxx

I'm so sorry to hear that Laura :( Must have been a terrible shock. We're all here to lend a virtual shoulder to cry on. I hope things get better for you soon. Xxx

Bi Hug honey! My bleeding lasted about 3 to 4 days! Take care! Xxxx

sorry to hear about ur loss laura its just so devastating you go from exstatic to feeling so numb and shit in seconds its such a traumatic time :-( this place is great having a place to jot down all ur feeling and having ppl there who know exactly what ur going through,i hope you are ok xxxx

Thanks everyone. Your right jojo everyone on here seems so nice and it really helps. So sorry to hear what you are going through as well. I've defiantly learned to trust my instincts with all this tho as I have had a feeling for weeks that things weren't right. Me and OH were only going to tell close family but as they were so excited it rubbed off on me and made me forget my concerns and we ended up telling everyone. Now we have to go and tell them all I M/C. Thinking of you all going through the same worries xxx

i know what u mean we only told realy close family and not my 6yr old dd well not till we seen the hb on my 6+6 scan and i had realy gd preg symptoms from even before my bfp and that was on dpo 9 i just dont know what went wrong with such a strong pregnancy but im hoping to find out..well after i told family i was mcing and needed the op i then proceeded to put a little statment on my fb cos its like bbc news on there aint it and it saves me having to tell ppl personaly and having ppl saying stuff in thge street like how did ur scan go etc :-/, i realy hope ur ok and il see u in ttc section real soon xxxx

OH Cornish Fairy , I'm so sorry this happened, it's all so unfair.

I had a D&C after a 12 week mmc as the bleeding wouldn't stop, it was like a tap and horrible cramping, and throwing up! Ended up in A&E , but still needed the D&C, so hoping yours doesn't get too painful and that it all passes safely. As they think you are less weeks, will they not scan you then to check it's all gone?

Keep talking to the ladies on here, were all here for you to rant to, when your feeling low, it will help you get through this, and I know you really will get there XX

Sending both you and Laura B hugs today XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back