What do you miss the most?

Bexybun

Reaction score
Ok, bit of Saturday fun - what have you had to give up for pregnancy that you miss the most?

Cigarettes?
Alcohol?
Caffeine?
Pate?
Cold prawns / shellfish?
Runny eggs?
Soft cheeses?
Sushi?
Shark / swordfish? (Seriously, if this is what anyone misses the most I'll eat my hat)
Hot baths?
Hardcore sports (skiing, scuba-diving, surfing)?
Fairground rides (lol)?
Any others I've missed out?

Side note:
This post is not at all dictating what you should choose to do or not do in your pregnancy. I don't judge, each to their own is my motto, and as far as I've seen on this forum everyone is very accepting of everyone else's life choices. I think that's fab.

I kept smoking throughout my first pregnancy, but I have given up EVERYTHING this time around as I appear to have turned into a bit of a panic-merchant in the last few years. Saying that, what I actually miss the most is...
Prawn cocktail.
Seriously. Life long smoker and big drinker, and the thing I want more than anything else is a bloody prawn jacket potato. Go figure. :)

So, what do you miss?

Last edited:
I'm going to seriously miss theme parks! Me and DH are rollercoaster junkies and we're going on holiday in june and wont be able to go to Portaventura or the water park! I think I'll miss the cocktails aswell!

Aw, really? I've never really been into them, although Amelia wants to go to Gullivers World and I will be kind of disappointed sitting around while her and OH go on the log flume without me :shakehead: no good.

theme parks and sports, I guess. And I think I might miss proper travelling this summer - not sure how realistic camping trips will be!

Last edited:
I craved sushi! Which was verrrryyy annoying :lol: What I miss most is all my clothes, I hate the limited supply of maternity clothes I have now that even though they are maternity they don't fit too well :( xx

Actually i have missed my 4 a day energy drinks :( OH better bring me some because right after labour i will be downing them lol.

I have missed being able to sit in the sun with a nice white wine spritzer. I was missing sushi till i found out it is safe to eat as long as the fish used in it is frozen before being served raw.

I will definitely miss theme parks. We live so close to thorpe park and my daughter has waited years to be tall enough to go on the big roller-coasters and she finally is and i cant take her. I have promised her a thorpe park day out after the baby is born

I have given up smoking, drinking and pate.
Strangely enough I'm missing beer more and I was never much of a lager drinker, must be the sunshine just keep drooling over a nice ice cold pint
Now and again miss pate & crackers and rarely even think about smoking........it's all very odd lol :)

I'm going to miss my annual holiday with my bessie mate this year and probably next year too. But most of all I'm missing fried eggs! I've told OH that the first meal he is cooking me once I've had the baby is a bacon, sausage and fried egg sandwich! Every time I think about it, I can taste it in my mouth!!! Am dribbling now!!

I'm going to miss my annual holiday with my bessie mate this year and probably next year too. But most of all I'm missing fried eggs! I've told OH that the first meal he is cooking me once I've had the baby is a bacon, sausage and fried egg sandwich! Every time I think about it, I can taste it in my mouth!!! Am dribbling now!!

sorry, but... what's wrong with fried eggs? Or is it because they would stay runny inside?

I'm missing diving. :(

For 4 years I've gone diving every single weekend and away on holiday with my dive team for a week once or twice a year and now I can't... Am still going to the pool sessions every now and then and a couple of times to the lakes just to help out top side but there's not much I can do bar sign off peoples books and the odd bit of carrying the lighter eqiuptment about...

Definitely going away first chance I get once I've got my energy back after all this...

I'm also really missing prawn sanwiches, pate and tea... I confess I have had the odd prawn sandwich a couple of times and I'm still having a cup of tea a day, maybe 2 if it's a bad day... But still... I miss being able to grab a cuppa whenever I want :( lol xx

Nothing major , but today seeing as its nice out I wish I could be sat in a beer garden somewhere with a nice pint .

I'm missing diving. :(

For 4 years I've gone diving every single weekend and away on holiday with my dive team for a week once or twice a year and now I can't... Am still going to the pool sessions every now and then and a couple of times to the lakes just to help out top side but there's not much I can do bar sign off peoples books and the odd bit of carrying the lighter eqiuptment about...

Definitely going away first chance I get once I've got my energy back after all this...

I'm also really missing prawn sanwiches, pate and tea... I confess I have had the odd prawn sandwich a couple of times and I'm still having a cup of tea a day, maybe 2 if it's a bad day... But still... I miss being able to grab a cuppa whenever I want :( lol xx

omg what's wrong with tea?? :shock:

and... why can't you drive anymore?

Sex! Haven't had it since my bfp, not even sure why, just feel a bit strange!!!

Oooh, I didnt think I would, but think I actually miss alcohol the most, lol!

Thats probably becuase I have kept a fairly open mind since the beginning, re all the food rules, etc, and my doctor said a little bit of everything is fine in moderation. So I have continued with caffine and runny eggs (eggs cant be eaten any other way, lol).

Oh, and I miss putting my heels on, and having a good night out with the girls! I did do that for a while, but just too big now, and I just waddle around instead of actually dancing!
x

Peanuts!! I know I can eat them if I want but I chose not to from the beginning. I've told my OH that when we get home fromm hospital I want peanut butter on toast and to keep it coming until I can't eat anymore!! lol

I've also missed prawns but only when we're out for dinner and they're on the menu, I don't buy them at home.

Oh and I still drink tea, I have at least 3/4 cups a day most days, I just drink a hell of alot of water in between each cup.

The main thing I miss though has nothing to do with food at all, I want my body back now, I love having my boy in ther kicking me but I hate feeling so rescticted and haveing to rely on people to reach things I can't because my bumps in the way. I used to be a fitness freak and spent 4/5 nights a week in the gym so i'm not used to feeling so tired all of the time. Hey ho not long to go now and it's so worth it! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back