What Do I Need For My Hospital Bag

The midwife told me I need to take a top and tail bowl but its huge !! I read online some women have got
small bowls to take ... what sort of bowls shall I take xx

Hi, My name is Becky and I'm a 20 year old University student living in Edinburgh.

Last month, on the 2nd of March, my 21 year old sister went into premature labour at 21 weeks. My nephew Gary survived for 1 hour and 4 minutes before he sadly passed away.

When Gary was born my sister and our family were placed in The Benson Suite at Salisbury District Hospital, this suite was created to provide a dedicated and private space for families who have experienced the loss of a baby. They made it so we could spend every possible precious minute with Gary in a way that was dignified and personal. The staff on the Benson Suite were absolutely fantastic, going above and beyond to help us and support us.

I cannot begin to express our gratitude for those that helped us, they really were amazing. It's these sort of people you don't know exist until something like this happens, and although I hope and pray none of you have to go through what my family have gone through, I hope you can appreciate the help and support that is available for those who are experiencing grief.

Therefore, I was wondering if you could take the time to visit my fundraising page for The Stars Appeal - Benson Suite. My family and I will be participating in a sponsored walk in June and are trying to raise as much money as possible for this fantastic cause.

Thank you again.

http://www.justgiving.com/Becky-Mor..._content=Becky-Moroney&utm_campaign=pfp-share

Just getting round to starting my list and it's made me all emotional.

X

Thought of something I found very useful last time.

Take a few cereal bars and fruit bars

(like these http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/grocery-categories/cereal_and_fruit_bars_in_tesco.html)

I had James at 1am and by the time I got up on the ward it was 3am. They had given me a cuppa and I had water but I was absolutely and utterly ravenous. These were a very welcome treat!!! I ate about 5 of them I think? Hadn't eaten for a few days by this point though.

X

Any idea on what to pack for twins and a csection? I don't want to pack too much but really have no idea how much to take of anything.

Any idea on what to pack for twins and a csection? I don't want to pack too much but really have no idea how much to take of anything.

Not sure about the twins but I had a c-section and didn't take nearly enough pj's with me!! Totally didn't realise how much leaking went on so wanted to change quite a lot!! So take lots of night dresses as the midwives love to check your wound regularly so you will have to hoick it up a lot!

Good luck. X

Thanks I really had no idea of leakage at all! Honestly not thought about my healing process just seeing the twinnies lol! Xxx

Yup, leakage down below and by god my boobs leaked loads too!! I ran out of breast pads and maternity bras in 2 days!! But I didn't pack many to begin with!! X

I'll make sure to pack triple everything lol. Hospital will think I'm moving in! Do you get your own room with a section? Xxx

I didn't have my wound checked once whilst I was in hospital after csection.

I was in for 5 days. (This is longer than usual as baby had jaundice and had to be kept in) I got my own room after the first night as I was doing everything by myself.

I didn't have nearly enough knickers. But as you OH will be coming and going you don't need to have everything there. Just make sure he knows where it all is at home.

I'm having my 3rd section (1st was emergency after 20hrs labour, 2nd was elective and so much calmer) and I swear by nighties so you don't have to bend down, big knickers your not bothered about throwing away, the usual maternity pads, some thinner sanitary towels as I found it comfortable to have a pad over the wound to stop it rubbing and also to keep it dry as the unit was really warm/sweaty, a pack of toilet wipes to feel cleaner afterwards, I'm definitely taking some wind relief tablets or gaviscon as having a section gives you terrible trapped wind and can take ages to get stuff from the nurses, slip on shoes like crocs as your feet will swell and you don't want to be bending down as it will be uncomfortable.....hope this helps a little

I'm having my 3rd section (1st was emergency after 20hrs labour, 2nd was elective and so much calmer) and I swear by nighties so you don't have to bend down, big knickers your not bothered about throwing away, the usual maternity pads, some thinner sanitary towels as I found it comfortable to have a pad over the wound to stop it rubbing and also to keep it dry as the unit was really warm/sweaty, a pack of toilet wipes to feel cleaner afterwards, I'm definitely taking some wind relief tablets or gaviscon as having a section gives you terrible trapped wind and can take ages to get stuff from the nurses, slip on shoes like crocs as your feet will swell and you don't want to be bending down as it will be uncomfortable.....hope this helps a little

Great call on the wind relief, Im due a section so will be adding some to my bag. Yes the wind is awful though!

Straws! My husband held the gas and air and a beaker of water with a straw so I could drink from any angle. You will be thirsty if you have gas and air!

Just been reading through this for the nostalgia (had lb in april 2014) and realised I packed way way too much stuff and didn't use a quarter of it. Seriously, the only thing I used was the normal toiletries for me and makeup for photos, maternity pads, 2 night clothes set, day clothes for coming home, baby vests, sleepsuits, nappies and wipes. Next time, This is all I will take.

My bag is huge! I'm taking my own breast feeding pillow this time as I found it really helped early on with baby's position.
I'm 32 weeks and have almost finished packing. How's everyone else doing? X.

I'm 24 weeks with my 2nd and last time I took far too much stuff and didn't use quarter of it. I was only in a day after having the baby and didn't change her that often. I just remember when they moved me down to the delivery suite I had bags and bags of stuff. It was ridiculous. So definitely rethinking the packing lol xxx

Bottle of Champaign? It's too light. I think after birth of my child I'll need bottle of Vodka :D

I hope I don t sound silly but why do we need disposable kickers? :) I have no clue what should I take with me in my maternity bag so that s why I am asking. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back