I need to do my hospital bag

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Lol I keep putting it off! Baby's bag has been done for ages lol!!
The thing is it takes me all day to do the housework cos Of the SPD so when I finish that I just can't be bothered j know I will regret it when I am all unprepared! Lol!
My mum said she never did one with me and the hospital rang her and said come in now we want to induce u and she said her and dad were running around trying to get everythig together. I don't want to be like that

Can you have a day off cleaning and MAKE yourself do your bag? (having said that I havn't done mine yet but been busy with the move!)

Lol that's what OH said but I get cranky if I don't clean te house... I am sad

Just need to make sure its the first job you do, before doing housework. Don't allow yourself to do any until its done. Make a checklist too of everything that needs to go in and tick it off as soon as you've put it in so you don't forget anything.
Mine's mostly done just a few little things I need to go out and buy to put in, like snacks and a few toiletries.
x

You do HOUSEWORK?!?!?!

i only added the last bits to my hospital bag on saturday. Get the essentials in and then just do a wee bit every day. You might want to add other things and take things out as time goes on anyway.

Or just pack a couple items per day? Before cleaning x

make a list of things you need to pack x then when youve done the housework get it all out on your bed, tick it off and take your time packing it incase you need to add anything.

or get other half to do it for you, while you supervise of course xxx lol xxx

make a list of things you need to pack x then when youve done the housework get it all out on your bed, tick it off and take your time packing it incase you need to add anything.

or get other half to do it for you, while you supervise of course xxx lol xxx

This is what I did :lol: I sat on the bed with the list telling him where everything was while he went and fetched it! Hehe :lol: xx

Babies bag? What's in that?

My hospital bag is a small suitcase on wheels, is that the sort of thing the rest of you have?

My hospital bag so far has only a few baby grows in it, a lip balm and some slippers!

I did go to primark (as recommended) and found some fabulous knee length nighties in 100% cotton with buttons down to mid chest for feeding! :yay: I bought three in different colours but I'm laundering them before they go in the bag.

I havent really gotten any further. I guess I need to go to Boots, I was thinking of Evian facial spritz as the next thing - it seems kind of unessential though, I should surely have thought of more practical stuff!

I think there is a dedicated hospital bag contents thread for mums and babies. It's pretty exhaustive

did mine today!!!!!!!!
had made a list of everything i needed and bought all the bits. then today i packed it all. havent packed babys yet tho, going to do that tomorrow.
I was the same tho.... dreaded doing it!! But it actually didnt take as long as I thought. Heres what i put in mine:

My Hospital Bag

Maternity Notes

Birth Plan

Washbag: shampoo, conditioner, facewash, showergel, flannels, moisturiser, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hair bobbins, hair band

2 towels (one for body and hair)

4 pairs knickers

maternity pads

warm socks/totes for labour

slippers/flip flops

3 night shirts.

Dressing gown

Phone charger

Camera and charger

Back massager

magicool spray

snacks and sweets

magazines

water/drinks

lipbalm

lavender oil

bendy straws

massage/baby oil

make up

going home outfit

bikini

change of t-shirt/underwear/swim shorts for Andy

Baby's Hospital Bag

Pack of nappies

babywipes

sudocreme

cotton balls

3 vests Newborn

3 vests 0-3 months

3 sleepsuits Newborn

3 sleepsuits 0-3 months

Bibs

Soother and clip

Scratchmits

Hat

2 Cellular blanket

Snowsuit

Blanket for Car Seat

Newborn + 0-3 month coming home outfit

Baby towel

3 x muslin cloths

baby milk

bottle warmer

Crikey Jomc! Thanks for posting that though, I'll probably scim through it whilst I'm doing mine :D
Don't worry Mrs, I don't even have a hospital bag yet! The one I had in mind turned out to be too freaking small so I'm borrowing my mum's huge bag that my dad used when he went into hospital for his heart op this year. I'm seeing my parents today so I'll bring the bag home with me and start packing my stuff tomorrow night.

I bought some toiletries for myself on Monday and I've put them in Grace's bag for now.

I suggest you put bits and bobs in your bag every so often starting from today. That's what I did.. until I realised my bag was too small :rotfl: xxx

Last edited:
very good work jomc - where did you get the magicool spray from? i can't seem to find any, although i have only looked in one boots store :blush: xx

very good work jomc - where did you get the magicool spray from? i can't seem to find any, although i have only looked in one boots store :blush: xx

got mine in boots but was in quite a large one hun

i went to a big one too, need to go to another one. it was probably in there and there cashier just didn't know what it was :roll: xx

I've been looking for the magicool spray and for a handheld fan but can't find either of them - i've looked in 2 different Tesco stores, will have to try boots then!

Nearly finished my bag but haven't started baby's yet.

Jo, are you packing any bottles, if so how many? xxx

I've been looking for the magicool spray and for a handheld fan but can't find either of them - i've looked in 2 different Tesco stores, will have to try boots then!

Nearly finished my bag but haven't started baby's yet.

Jo, are you packing any bottles, if so how many? xxx

No, Im buying premade sma formula that comes in little glass bottles. Ive seen them in mothercare and its about £15 for 12

I didn't even know they existed, ive gone and bought the cartons now. Think i may get the ones you've got tho as would make things alot easier than having to pack loads of bottles! Thanks Jo!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back