Packed my hospital bag! anything missing?!

I'd leave off the books, magazines and MP3 player tbh. O and the hot water bottle. And watch, only really need that at home to time them. Once in hossie you'll be well on the way.

If you are labouring a fair while at home before going into the hossie then I can't see you'll really need these during labour. And as the stay in time is short you could be out in 6 hours. If you do need to stay in those sorts of things your OH could bring in later on if need be.

Leave of the birthing ball etc also. If they have them then no need to take.

And defo bendy straws. Seriously, trying to drink in labour is awful and straws are a godsend esp when in a pool and hanging over the side with no energy to lift your head to sip.

I do like to be prepared! Especially as my dh is useless at finding things I need-god knows what he'll be like in a panic!
I'm not sure if I'll be able to use a hot water bottle at the hospital but its one of those dinky ones so going to take it just in case.

Thanks for the advice Sherlock- now you're the 2nd one who's said not to take mags and books i've taken them off the list. I'll leave them together in a small bag for dh to find in case I need them for any reason.

you might want a book if you stay in though- why not pack another little bag and leave it at home. If you need to stay in then OH can bring it back for you :)

ETA: I see you already said that :doh:

Oh my word Isia :shock: My bag is tiny!! I didn't even think of half the stuff you've thought of :wall:

As long as you don't forget the baby on the way out :rotfl: That would be typical after being so organised!

*Runs to re-pack hospital bag*

Car seat? I was going to put it in the car soon as hopefully won't be there long and DH is staying with me so won't be going home again.

Great list I shall definitely be using it when I pack my bag :D You have everything covered :)

great list mines got hardly anything in apart from clothes ,towel, toiletries and babyoutfit to come home in, most important for me is the car seat so can come home soon as poss, totally disorganised this time might be kind and pack oh a drink this time as wouldnt let him out of the room for a drink last time lol!!!! Must admit never really wanted anything out of my bag for the last 3.think i need to check again.

Hi, was just reviewing this as its really useful...

Whats the diff between newborn and 0-3 is it different??

:oops:

Newborn will generally fit up until about 9lbs. Some babies never fit into "newborn" clothes at all. My DD is still in a lot of 0-3 month clothes and she weighs 13lb 2oz now. :)

Edited to add about the hospital bag list. Definitely check what the hospital supply. Ours supplied nappies and cotton wool so we never took either. I took some maternity pads but only because my waters went... other than that I used the hospital ones. The hospital supplied towels, too. Every hospital is different but it's best to check.

Teddy bear... unless it's for really sentimental reasons I wouldn't bother. The thing your LO will be most interested in is you which is the best feeling in the world!

daftscotslass said:
Newborn will generally fit up until about 9lbs. Some babies never fit into "newborn" clothes at all. My DD is still in a lot of 0-3 month clothes and she weighs 13lb 2oz now. :)

Thanks hon

xxx :hug:

My labour was really quick so i found i didnt really need that much.

I stripped totally in labour and found the only things that came outta my bag were straws and oat bake bars (as some have already said i think some hossi's wont let you eat in labour but it was great for me)

I was hoping for a 6 hour discharge and for this would have needed another outfit and one for Tally.

The towels for my first bath were provided, i did need my own nappies though, which no-one told me. They gave me a few pads but i needed more i had a lot of bleeding and changed it regularly. i didnt need breast pads cos milk doesn't come in straight away.

Apart from Straws, which i may be missing and you've put somewhere, i'd say you had everything you need and more! Depending on how easy it is for people to get in to you you might want to pack lighter and keep things you'll need if kept in in a seperate bag.

Oh and my DS was amazing when i was on the ward

Rough Size Guide
Age - Max Weight kg/lbs
3lb Prem Baby - 1.4/3.0
4lb Prem Baby - 1.8/4.0
Early Baby - 2.35/5.0
Tiny Baby - 3.4/7.5
Newborn - 4.5/10.0
0-3 Months - 6.5/14.5
3-6 Months - 8.0/17.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online