what bottles?

Snappykat

Reaction score
Those who are bottle feeding, I just wondered what bottles you are going for?

I used Avent with my daughter and they were a complete pain they seemed to leak at the drop of a hat. So thought I would go fo something else this time round.

I bought my friend some tommee tipee ones as she's says they are great. Downside was that the teet was a bit to big for the first couple of weeks- she uses them all the time now. My mum used the doc browns ones, helped with colic too.

I'm a bit torn,I used advent wiv my last 2 kids and never had much of a problem wiv them except 4 occasional leakin...I'm tempted by the rimmed tippee closer to nature 1's cos of the breast like teat (il b breastfeedin 4 the start). I agree that dr.browns r amazin 4 colic,my neice suffered quite badly til my sister bought them,they're quite ugly but do the job xx

I'm going for the closer to nature ones. I'll see about teats when he's here. My 2nd son was a nightmare for teats! I ended up using the brown fast flow ones from the chemist as they were best... They use fast flow in the hospitals as well.

i am going to express and use tommee tippee i think, closer to nature, as a lot of people i know use them and swear by them x

I use tommee tippee ctn ones purely cos I grabbed some in tesco just incase and they were on offer! I used mam ones first time cos I breastfed for the first few months and it was the only ones I could get her to take!

iv bought avent anti colic ones but may change if no good iv avoided closer to nature as iv heard they are not so good with colic

I started with Tommy Tippee, larger ones I hated them! I use Avent now and haven't had a problem.. I pull the teat hard at the top to make sure it won't leak.. I can't say anything bad about them at all xx

i have gone with the tommee tippee ones after hearing good reviews about them had advent with the other 2 and found they leaked alot

I used TT closer to nature too - I found them to be excellent with the range of flows :)

I was umming and ahing between the two in the supermarket when a dad who was shopping recommended the TT ones because they had so many problem with the Avent brand they said baby seemed to prefer those and they didn't leak and the teats were more durable too.

I've got advent bottles. I never had a problem with them with Lacey and they seem the same so hopefully won't have a problem this time

We've bought Tommee Tippee CTN bottles as they're the ones that came with my pump - I intened to BF but whenever OH wants a go at feeding then there's bottles there for him :)

i use tommee tippee closer to nature and love them... SIL uses avent and finds they leak alot and finds they arent as good for colic...

some people have told me the TT CTN ones arent good for colic... wee tip?? the hole on the teat is supposed to face up (as in the the ceiling) :D i didnt realise this till bout 4 weeks lol sorted her right out :D xx

Omg lisa I didn't kbow that either!! I spoke to my doctor about bottles and milk cos E had bad reflux and she said in her experience it makes little difference what you use! She said the ones like dr browns and the new TT ones, I think they're called anticolic plus or something are really hard to clean as well!

haha i swear i didnt know either i spose i shuda said on here but didnt think lol. madison and her cousin both have colic/reflux and when i started using bottle diff i seen massive improvement and i find always that madison drinks pretty much her full bottle before needing winded and her cousin has huge burps that make her cry after like 2oz. her mum agrees with me lol but said she wasnt buying all new bottles... but she wudnt recomment the avent either ... xx

I have gone for Avent as have heard such good reports about them (my friend is a nanny and swears by them). I have heard bad things about Tommee Tippee. Goes to show you that every make has its good and bad reviews! lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back