Avent bottles

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Does anybody else find they leak? I bought them as Avent seemed to be good quality but I feel like Ive been ripped off now- paid £20 for 4 bottles :shock: Ive also got some Tommie Tippee Nuby bottles too, I find the lids really hard to take off, especially when Im holding Jake

I bought some bottles from Tesco (£5 ish for 3 wide neck bottles) I find these much better- no leaking and the lids come off easy too.

I've never had any problems with my Avent bottles at all! Thay only leak if the waters to hot when I'm making them up but thats about it.

I used to have trouble with Avent bottles with my first. I found out after a while that it was because I was doing the lids up too tight.

Also found a problem if the water was too hot.

I solved the problem and bought them again this time round :D

Mine only leak when I first make them with boiling water but apart from that they have been fine.

I had a batch that leaked and I sent an email to Avent to complain. They were very helpful and replaced the 5 leaking ones with a 6 pack of new bottles including replacement teats so we ended up with an extra bottle as well!
I found boiling hot water was a problem, the plastic expands and causes a problem with the seal on the rim...speak to Avent and see if they will replace them, they sent me the replacements and a prepaid envelope to return the faulty ones...only a couple leaked but they wanted to replace all of them

mdsremos said:
I had a batch that leaked and I sent an email to Avent to complain. They were very helpful and replaced the 5 leaking ones with a 6 pack of new bottles including replacement teats so we ended up with an extra bottle as well!
I found boiling hot water was a problem, the plastic expands and causes a problem with the seal on the rim...speak to Avent and see if they will replace them, they sent me the replacements and a prepaid envelope to return the faulty ones...only a couple leaked but they wanted to replace all of them

oooh might try that, might try and do the lids a bit looser too.

They still leak even when I dont use boiling hot water

yes i found with my 5 yr old son these leaked, so didn't get them this time round with Louie, got Dr Browns instead, spent a fortune on them & they leaked too!
bought mothercare ones & have never had any problems, still using them today :D

every single avent bottle i had when cameron was a baby leaked.. it did my head in so much i threw them away..

i had the same problem but soon realised it was cuz i was doing them up too tight..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back