Hot water bottles?

heidi-hi

Reaction score
Just been browsing the internet about hot water bottles in pregnancy.

I have been using one for cramp type pains but found posts from worried women in other forums because they have been using hot water bottles... something to do with them heating the fluid round the baby too much.

I'm just gonna grin and bear the pain from now on. xxx :???:

I did read that using them is not advised also the same for a hot bath....

So in the first tri I had cool baths and bared the pain from the growing baby x I hope you find a way to get around the pain hun x I just tried gentle walking or lying down on the sofa all snuggled up in a duvet helped me x

Ooh, not heard this... I use one for my back pain is that ok do you think or should i stop using?

mikid i thin kyou should be fine your in your last tri, Also do you have it HOT HOT HOT? it just said you can have a warm one but not hot :S contridics itself so much x

Thats the thing isn't it, depending where you look things are contradicted!

Dont have it mega hot, but on the hot side of warm :oooo:

Thanks for that... 100% agree about the contradictions on the internet. Confusing or what :confused:

I use a wheat cushion instead. Tisserand do one and they are sold in Boots. You just pop them in the microwave for about 2 mins and they are just nicely warmed. So much easier than a bottle and easier to gauge the temp. I scanned the net to see if you could use them when you're pregnant and can't find anything that says you can't, in fact some sites promote them for pregnant women, but obviously you may want to check too.

http://www.tisserand.com/shop/wheat-cushions-c-89.html?osCsid=db278be02795e871a663aaac7065a1d2

My hot water bottle has been a life saver over the last few weeks as Lilly has been headbanging on my pelvis which hurts like hell! :D Also with my back and hips as they are, I can't have a bath too often as it causes me more pain than it cures so once again, hot water bottle has been essential. :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back