went to baby clinic today!

melhoney

Reaction score
and Maheen is 10 lbs!!!! :dance: she will be 6 weeks on Saturday, so she is spot on, for the weight :clap:

And it's been 3 nights in a row that she has slept 5 hours without waking up, :pray: hope it will continue! :D

Just wanted to share this with you all,

mel xx

thats great news, hope she keeps it up for you, sure she will after 5 nights of it!

Well done :) light at the end of the tunnel ay !

WOW well done to you both!!!!
Charlie is nearly 8 weeks and not even 9ibs yet....shes diddy!!

Thanks! :D
And another night of 5 hours sleep...hey, hopefully we are getting there! And today I received her new play nest, from France, and she seems to love it :dance:
I'll post some pictures in the picture forum...

On the other hand, it's 3 feeds that she does not take well...keeps on choking on it, and throws some out as she is drinking! Apart from that, shje seems fine, and still waits 4 hours for the next feed during the day, so I am a bit puzzled! let's see next feed!

mel xx

Hi ya Mel

Thats great news!! we are also getting between 5-7 hours from Heidi - its great isnt it!!??

She has her 6 week check next week so will get her weighed then!

L x

hello hello Lisa :)

Maheen is getting her 6 week check next week as well (6th April), hehe, we will be able to share our news :wink:

I was just working on a new routine for her, trying to take her new sleep pattern into account, so here it is, sharing with you, tell me what you think of it (too reasonable, or too demanding?)

1st one, still 6 feeds (120ml except 150ml for the 21:30):
2:30am-6:30 am-10:30-14:30-18:30-21:30 and so on.

2nd one, only 5 feeds (150 ml twice a day, rest still 120ml):
2:30am-7:30am-12:30-17:30-21:30 and so on.

I am not sure she is ready for the 5 feeds routine, though, today we are on number 1!
Ideally, I would like her to keep the 1st one, but skip the 2:30 feed, but THIS is too demanding, I know :wink:

How is Heidi doing, then?
Take care,
Mel xx

Hello again!

Yes, we will have to compare. Heidi's appointment is on weds.

Thanks for showing me your routines. What has happened to Maheens sleep pattern then? They seem fine to me, but what did surprise me is that Heidi is now on 180ml !!! :shock: ??!!!!

Is is still the Gina Ford routine? I wouldnt say we have given up, but we are trying to do our own thing but include parts of her routine like bathtime at 6.00pm ready for bottle at 6.30 and bed at 7.00pm. I ended up getting sooo frustrated with Gina Ford! as Heidi just wasnt following it - her sleeping / feeding just ended up going pear shaped if we went out or she decided to sleep an hour or so longer - so we decided that it wasnt for us.

At the minute she has this annoying habit of waking up after her 4.00pm (ish!) feed and then staying awake (well, she is fighting the sleep sooo much - you can see her doing it) till about 10.00pm so I get absolutly nothing done in the evenings :roll: - ah well!

The 2nd routine sounds the best though - as it means she should go through till 7.30!!! :wink: - do you wake her up for a feed if she doesnt wake on her own?

L x

180 ml??? wow!!!!!!!! :shock:

how many times a day? we are just starting Maheen on 150ml and she does not always take it all!
I read somewhere that if you multiply baby's weight by 2.5/2.7, you get what quantity they should drink per 24 hours, and 10 lbs makes 25/27 onces.
But to be honest, I am a bit confused, and just like you, not quite sure abt what to do with the routine, as Maheen does not sleep exact same time every night any more. she used to be very exact, a real clockwork, but no more.
We are going to try to follow the 5 feeds only, but am not sure she will manage that!
Maheen also is fighting her sleep, esp. during the day, not so much at night, for the moment! touching wood!!! :pray:

To answer your question, no, we don't wake her up, but we give her a "dream feed", she wakes up when she has to burp though, and for her nappy change.
I think the reason Maheen was so good with timings, is because we kept on feeding her at the same time, even if she would not wake up. It's only recently that we have been more lineant, but I have decided to go back to scheduled feedings...let's see! :wink:

I'll keep you updated, it's nice to be able to talk to people who share the same concerns at the same time.
Thanks you for sharing :D

Mel xx

HI

well done i hope she keeps it up for you ,
Katrina

WOW 180mls???
Think im doing something wrong!!!
Charlie will only take a max of 80 mls at a time or spends abut 20 mins on boobie. Shes 2 months today and 9lb 4oz
(with clothes and nappy!) She wont take formula or she is very sick, but she feeds ever 2.5 - 3 hours, then cluster feeds on an evening, we put her to bed around 10, she sleeps til 3ish, then til 7 then til about 10am.
We are doing the evening routine of bath boobie and bed, but she wont sleep wil 10ish as she is constantly feeding!!!!!!!!!
Any ideas?

Hi Hels,

it's funny, charlotte is nearly on the same feeding routine as Maheen at night, but I am impressed she does it with 80 ml!!! :clap:

Maheen takes now 150ml at 21;30. in bed by 10:10ish, will sleep till 02:30, feed 150ml, and sleep again till 6:30, feed 120ml and sleep again till 10:30...well, at the mo, she wakes up before because she still reacts to the previous feeding schedule, which was when she would wake up at 01:30am. so everything would be one hour before!!!
grrrrr, I am becoming mad, i don't know how to make her go longer inbetween feeds...usually she would go but we then have to entertain her!!! not my favourite pastime at 5:00 in the morning! :?

mel xx

Hi ya

Sorry for the late reply! Heidi is being soo grizley between feeds I'm not sure what to do about it. The evenings are the worst - its definately not colic cos she's not screaming or bringing her knees up etc - she just doesnt want to go bed!!!

I spoke to the midwife today about how she usually drinks the full 6 ounces, but is still rooting for more inbetween feeds - she suggested I try her on the second lot of milk which Cow and Gate do which is for hungrier babies (she is a little piggy like her mum!!!!) So I went and bought some - but it doesnt seem to be that at the moment. She's in bed now and I can hear her on the monitor grizzling away.......

Hels - sorry i cant be of any help but I know that bottle feeding fills them up a bit more - perhaps thats why you have to feed more often than I do?! = perhaps cos Heidi has drank so much she has stretched her stomach so she can fit more in!!??!!!

Hi Melhoney - I'm in a similar dilema in as much as I cant seem to get Heidi to go longer between feeds (she is only going 3 hours at the minute, and she was starting to go for 4) Sometimes through the night though she will go for a lot longer and I only end up getting up once.

I dunno whats going on?! I just wish I could get one of those super nannys in to help me and tell me why she is like she is just recently and what I am doing wrong!!

Hi Lisa,

well, not sure if it will put your mind at rest, BUT...maheen is doing exactly the same at the moment!!!! :shock:

I was just telling my DH about how different she is at the moment, very often crying for attention, it seems, not because she is unwell, or there is anything wrong!! And same thing happens at nigt now! Just like you, It's been 30 min she's been in bed and I can still hear her on the monitor!! Though she is not upset...for the moment!!
We don't really understand her, one minute she is smiling, the next she is crying, nearly screaming, becoming all red, and why? we just can't figure it out! :wall:

You are seeing the GP tomorrow, isn't it, and I see mine Thursday so let's see what they tell us! :think:

Maybe they are just growing up! And just like teenagers, they aren't sure of who they are anymore!!! :wink:

Take care
Mel xx

Ooohhh Hi Mel!

It is so nice to hear from you saying that!!! (well, its not - but you know what I mean). Heidi is just like that - she goes all red in the face - a week or so ago I put a post up cos I thought it was constipation). I'm almost positive its not that though. Have a look under New Mummies - routines etc - I have put up a post about it hoping the girls on here will have some ideas / experience as to what is wrong.

How strange that Maheen is doing the same thing!!?? - its awful isnt it - cos you just dont know what to do with them. And it definately is like she is trying to get attention - I thought she was too young to be doing that?!

The doctor I am seeing tommorrow is a rubbish Doctor!!. I've had to see him myself a couple of times when mine has been on holiday and he is not very forthcoming - he doesnt really answer your questions and when you ask him about something, he sort of looks at you in a really weird way (a bit like a school teacher lol) so I doubt he will be very helpful - so I am looking forward to seeing what yours says!

L x

Don't worry, I will post what the GP says.
I hope she will be better than yours, I don't know her , have never met her, she is neither my GP, nor Maheen's! I am really looking forward to seeing her as I need many answers to loads of questions!!! :think:

I see her tomorrow at 10:00, which is a bit awkward, as Maheen will ned feeding at 10:30!! :roll:

Talk to you soon :)
mel xx

PS: I think babies can definitely be attention seekers, Maheen can be screaming with rage and the second she sees us, she stops, with that little cheeky look on her face!!! :twisted:

Melhoney - how did it go at the Doctors.

I was right!. The appointment seemed like a complete waste of time. I told him my concerns regarding Heidi's grizzles and he looked at me as if I were some naughty school girl - he is sooo unhelpful - he didnt even offer any kind of advice.

I also told him my concerns regarding Heidi's belly button - the Health Visitor told me it was 'Over Granulating' - whatever that means. All I know is that is is slightly wet still and looks like it is growing outwards (an extra bit has formed) The Health Visitor reassured me that it is perfectly normal and that he would give me powder for it. Anyway he said there was no need :evil: :wall: :evil: :wall: So as soon as I got home I rang my surgery to see another doctor. For goodness sake this is my first baby and I am entitled to ask questions surely!!??!!

I want them to check her chest properly anyway. She is still very chesty and wheezy like she has been since birth and he said it was clear - but I want it double checking. My step-dad died of an asthama attack so I am not taking any chances on that.

Hope you got on better than me.

L x

I am sorry it was not helpful, Lisa!! :doh:

Well, mine was not much better I'm afraid!!! I am fed up of the word "lovely"!!!!!!!!!!! :wall:
All medical staff I have seen keep on saying "she is a lovely baby"!
I know she is lovely, but she still has very dry skin on the face, to such an extent she looks scarred, and she still has a birth mark raising, and just like Heidi, she still has a mucky belly button inside (it does not smell very nice!), etc,etc, etc...!
About the grizzling, well, same thing she said all babies do at some point, it's normal,and just giggled!
She refused to prescrib Oilatum, so I have to buy it myself, but at least, she gave a cream for the belly button. It's called:fucidin, to apply inside.

She did not even see that her left eye is smaller than the right (has been since birth and even if it's much better, i can still see a difference!) she said it will get better with time!

On the positive side, Maheen is gaining weight regurlarly, she is now 4kg 64 (ie 10lbs 53) and her head circumference is now 37 (was 33 at birth!).

So, sorry, can't really give any help, I 'm afraid! :(
even about the feeds and routine, she just said to do what I felt was right for my baby!!! 9well, if i ask, it's because I am not sure!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: )

how is Heidi doing, then?
Mel xx

They all seem to be a bit more than usless the GP's and HV's hey?
I always seem to get the best advice from this forum....so YEYYY to all the members, and thanks for keeping us sane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back