am so fed up!

melhoney

Reaction score
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I am soooooooooo FED UP! Maheen has been unwell for the last 2 months, and me for the last month, don't think I can take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

started on 25th dec, when Maheen had a nasty fall on her head, vomited, refused eating, lost weight, when it just got better she started coughing, runny nose, got her checked and antibiotics for a week, bronchiolitus. 40 degrees temperature, vomiting again all night, lots of crying, etc.. as it did not get better with the antibiotics, went back to GP, actually she had a ear infection, so another course of antibiotics. did not clear up completely but no more antibiotics, just calpol (makes her :puke: ) and nurofen. then, she got my flu, and coughing getting worse rather than better, and last saturday, she fell again off the trunk/bench which is in her room...vomiting since on and off,went to emmergency and GPbut both think she is ok...still doesn't eat properly and cries all the time, and top up the whole thing, she refuses to sleep during the day, and screams as soon as i try to put her in her cot and 3 teeth came through in a month!!!!!!!!1 :roll: :roll:

poor baby!!!!!

now, for me, well, i got so scared when she first fell that i got a nasty upset stomach which ended up in a real bug, fiever and :puke: for a week, and then, my backpain kicked in again, so coul not move much nor sleep, then i got a flu again, temperature and huge cough and runny nose and burn on my lips...for some reasons...and this has been going on for 3 weeks now, and GP just says it will be fine, your body needs to fight it!
Well, how do you fight a laryngitis? That's what it has turned into!
I ony work 2 days a week, and even that is too much, I am a teacher and talking was difficult and has just become impossible!!! let alone Parents evening tomorrow night! :wall: :wall:

I had physio yesterday and when I came out of the bus, Maheen :puke: on herself, it was great!!!!!!!!!! :roll: fortunately found the baby changing room not too far but it took me an hour to clean everything and I had to buy new coat for maheen to go home!!!!

Had the worse night ever, haven't slept much and maheen (who usually sleep till 7:30) woke up screaming at 6:00!!!!! :cry:
and has only slept in my arms for 30 minutes! woke up when I tried to put her in her cot!!!!!!!!!!!!

called surgery and asked if someone could come over (i don't drive and haven't got any strength left, and I was told that home visits were not meant for people like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

I can't believe medical staff just doesn't see it's NOT NORMAL to be ill for a month let alone for me, but specially for a baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the VERy very long rant...over now...time to feed maheen...let's see how long it takes for her to vomit it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am really really fed up! I coud just cry! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mel xx

Oh poor you. It's bad enough when they are ill but when you are ill youself it is three times as bad.

Wanted to send you a :hug: I am a part time teacher too and sometimes find it all a bit difficult. I think the job is difficult enough but when you are ill it is just soooooo hard.

Hope you and Maheen are better soon. I would threaten doctors with saying if not seen you are going to go to A & E as you are not happy that might mean you get someone to come out and see you.

Once again more :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: Poor you and poor Maheen. All I can suggest is that you call in sick at work and then call in any favours you can from friends and relatives because it sounds like YOU need to rest and get better before you can turn your attention to her. You'll be no good to her if you don't rest some and you end up getting worse (don't mean to sound like I'm nagging but that's what my mum would say!).

We got into a real cycle of illness before Xmas, I think that he must have been ill for about 3 months solid with one thing then another and now he's just got over 5 teeth coming through in 3 weeks :wall: The way I see it once they get ill with something nasty like a fluey bug they get everything else that passes their way. I don't know if there's an answer but I keep giving him lots of vitamin c to see if that will help.

Seriously though if you can get some help so that you can rest and start to heal I think that will be the best thing for you both and if the Drs are unhelpful try somewhere else like a walk in centre or A&E- if you're worried then you have to listen to your own intuition and not mind anyone else.

Good luck hun :hug:

Oh you poor thing, Thats awful.

Maybe you should call your HV if your GP doesnt think you're right for a home visit?

If it makes you feel any better I to have been ill since the first week of Jan!! Had a cough that lasted a month and have now been left feeling very tired and drained and I have very sore ribs. I guess from the coughing.
Phoebe has also been coughing for a couple of weeks. It is chesty but it hasn't developed into anything and luckily so far it hasn't affected her sleeping.
She is also teething which isn't helping!!

The joys of the winter months!!

hi everyone and thanks for your kind replies.

Just thought I would update you...On that day, a doctor finally came 9I called again!) and he spent about 40minutes, checking me and Maheen. It came out that Maheen is recovering slowly from all her infections + fall +teething, and that I have ...tonsillitis!!!!
He gave me antibiotics for it.
I thought "great, at least now, it will get sorted!" So, yesterday, I decided to go to school, as there was a very important parents' evening (well, important because I teach a yr9group who sit their GCSE at the end f this year, so...) Anyway, I started to have temperature, and coughing really really a lot...Got a temperature of 40!!!! (celsius!)

So here I am today, at home again, with baby mahen screaming in her cot...don't know what's wrong with her, she has become sooooo fussy in 4 days! never used to cry like she does now, she throws tantrum, screams to hurt her throat!....It may sound like I am being a bad mother, but I am letting her do it at the moment, I don't want her to get the message it's useful to do this!!!!
I got such a horrible night as well, had to change 3 times my pyj, coz I was completely wet!
we are supposed to fly out to Morocco on Sunday early morning...love this place but don't even feel like going anymore! :shakehead:

I wish I knew someone around here and give them Maheen for the day, but I don't...and again, that might sounds really horrible from a mum, but I would have really liked her to go to nursery so I can have a nice easy day in bed...but DH would not let this happen...if I am home, she has to be as well!...
Don't get me wrong, I love Maheen to bits, I really do, but I just wish I could take a good rest....never felt that ill before (as far as I remember anyway!)

voila, voia, meant to update you quickly...sorry for this long post again! I guess it makes me feel better to get it off my chest!
Thanks for reading me, and replying, Bubbleone, rosebay and Freya!
MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!!!!

Freya: I agree, teaching is great but hard, and when you are not 100% fit, even harder...though my classes were really sweet yesterday and behaved themselves much better because of the way i was! :) Bless them! :)

Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back