Weed and ttc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrinne37

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Since I had my 2nd MC, and OH has taken it really bad he went and got some weed to help him thorough, I admit I had some too back then as my head and emotions were in such a mess. Since then he has had it 3 other times (one lot lasts him 3 or 4 days) he smokes it til all gone then says ok no more. As he knows I dont like it in the house or him smoking it.

Now hes just told me he has some more for this w/e. I went mad. Feel a bit of a hypocrite as I did have some that time, but only as I was in such a state and thought it might chill me out. Now its like he thinks its ok.I dont want to go down that road! And have now made my feelings clear. Its becoming way too often and Im not happy about it.

He has now promised me no more after this lot (well maybe a little at Christmas he said when he goes and stays with his mate (atleast he honest about that as I wouldnt really know) I think he does means it.

But does anyone know how a man smoking weed affects ttc??? If it relaxes him could it help? Or is it really bad? Just coming up to my fertile time now.

Any advice please. xx

Hey hun,

It may have an impact on fertility. Not sure that this is the best source http://addictions.about.com/od/legalissues/f/Can-Marijuana-Cause-Infertility.htm but I think it's probably common sense that any kind of smoking can impact on the way your body works.

I'm no expert, but I don't think it's a good idea :hug:

Hope you're ok.

x

EDIT - I don't agree with weed and pregnancy at all. Just my opinion.x

Last edited:
Hey hunny I have a OH who smokes it, has done since I met him, I have tried to make him quit on several occassions. I can honestly say I was like you had it with them felt at ease for a while then pissed off as I didn't really want to as much as he did.

I have concieved both times while smoking it >.< I know its bad and people say it stops fertility etc. I have PCOS and was told I'd have difficulty. First pregnancy was my son after a very pissed up stoned birthday. I stopped smoking it as soon as I found out I was pregnant.

But if you have any worries let me know I can give you my experience with my side of things.

It cn affect fertility but there is actually NO evidence that weed affects the baby, fetus. It is just recommended that you do not inhale the tabacco really as that has more chems in it. Not that I am condoning smoking pot when pregnant, but i know people who have chose to and its been fine. Its dependant on your moral stance in the matter, although there is no evidence scientifically that cannabis is dangerous i wouldnt like to risk it because we do know for sure that everything you consume passes over the placenta.
Look at crack addicts, herion addicts and alcholics they all have kids just fine and usually in abundance, sods law that is!!
I am neutral on the matter myself, having smoked cannabis heavily for a good ten years i only quit this year when i decided to try and have a baby. Coincidentally enough, when i stopped smoking it i caught on BUT then went on to have a MC 14 weeks later?? Who knows if my lifestyle choice made that happen? There are no answers at the moment

might i add i dont condone smoking weed, i suffered with a amphetamine/ ketamine addiction for 4 years and smoked weed to wean myself off that then only managed to stop smoking weed this year, i see weed not as a drug due to its natural basis, i think booze is worse and is a drug/ poison that is abused freely yet it is not illegal??

Last edited:
Well done over coming your addiction lynette :hug:

I would be concerned looking after a baby having taken any substance (including alcohol) personally, but that's a bit off of the subject matter.

x

well just becsuse there is no evidence doesnt mean it doesnt have some kind of effect so i wouldnt like to take that 50-50 chance personally, but i dont hold anything againt anyone who does chose to, unless you are smokinh crack or something, i mean with weed.

Olive thank you for your comment re my addiction. I am proud of myself too!!! my OH helped me through it i couldnt have done it without him

It's such an achievement to overcome any addiction. Sounds like you've got a good OH :) x

yes i really have, he does my head in but thats why i love him lol. Taking a drug addict on is a massive thing but he did that for me :)

Weed was the ONLY thing that calmed down my morning sickness enough for me to eat fresh fruit and veggies... Terrible i know and i would ONLY eat it never smoke it and only the teeniest TINIEST bit you can imagine once every couple of days

without it i think i may well have been hospitalised (this was with Jasper) i did LOTS of research before hand and actually it was looking for herbal remedies for morning sickness that i found it, not the other way round

Its so common in Jamaica its prescribed for pregnant women, as it was here (in a tincture) before the 1930s

Its not necessarily something i am proud of, its just the ONLY way i found to ingest any sort of healthy food whilst in my first 16 weeks of my last pregnancy (i didnt get morning sickness with my angel baby so didnt take anything at all)

I have many doubts about weed causing infertility, more likely it is the tobacco smoked with it as weed is pretty harmless to us physically (though i believe it causes anxiety, depression and apathy when smoked too much)

I would be far more worried about heavy alcohol use, concerned about the smoking of tobacco or the use of any other drugs...

i would also be concerned about the mental effects of weed smoking, in particuar the strong strains we get in this country.

I hope no-one thinks badly of me, this is a forum where honesty is okay and that is my truth

p.s well done Lynette, i had a speed addiction too for many years, lost lots of weight (which i put back on again and then some when i quit the shit) and managed to loose a good few teeth but am generally okay

Never got into Regretamine ;) thank goodness... i think i saw too many 'shaun of the dead' style zombies at parties which put me off a bit!

hugs to you, hope your okay (and your bladders recovered ;) ) xxx

Of course we dont think badly, i only stopped due to the mental repercussion of the drug for me personally, it tends to make me anxious after long periods of use, not too great when bipolar.

Other people can get along with it fine and Fi you are right it is precribed in many places, its a great remedy for a number of ailments!!

Strains now are so strong, i tended to buy homegrown when i got it, from people i knew. Other stuff made me crazy

and yes my bladder has recovered ketamine hammered it , and the speed fucked up my periods and teeth and hair etc. The amounts i used to take are shocking, i dont know why i never O'D'd thank god i had the sense to see a way out! I will always regret it, when I MC i had a fleeting moment of wondeingif all the drugs i had pumped into myself over the time had affected my chnace of carying full term

yup we just got free bits from mates and baked em :)

I quit completely coz of the headtrips too :) Never bothered me in my youth but now... just cant handle the stuff at all makes me think the world is going to come and get me and take us all away in unmarked vans or something LOL

i tried having a smoke of a mates after the SB and it was the Worst. Thing. Ever

Never again i reckon! Unless its baked in a cake on a very special occasion and then maybe... or if i have morning sickness again basically.

Hi all,

I just wanted to say I really admire your honesty and its inspiring how you have overcome addictions :) I have family members that have had addictions and are now recovering, I have seen what a tough journey it is and I admire people that get through it.

I don't know if it affects fertility-I would have thought it would but I have never done any research on it. I personally hate the stuff but thats because it ruined the life of someone very dear to me, caused severe mental illness.

Its great that he is honest with you, some will just say they will never ever do it again, knowing full well that they will.
Its obviously worse during a pregnancy for the unborn baby if the woman was smoking it but I would be the same as you and worry about fertility and the affects it could have during pregnancy too.

Hopefully he will stop after the weekend xx

I think its important to do the research before making sweeping statements about cannabis and pregnancy, its been a part of so many cultures for so long that before 'condemming' those people who have and do use it in pregnancy, its important to have a lookie at the history/research

as i said it was prescribed to women here as a tincture for 100s of years before 1930 when it became an illegal substance.

there is no doubt that 'skunk' causes mental illness on a variety of levels, but thats like an over-synthesised version of what is used in Jamaica, the Netherlands and varying countries around the world to treat morning sickness in pregnant women
for me, it was a case of looking at results, there was a woman that did a 10year study in Jamaica to study the effects of cannabis on a fetus, she checked newborns, 2 year olds, 5 year olds and 10 year old (thousands of them) and found no negative differences in any of the groups

this government, and the American government have also tried to do biased studies to find the negatives to ingesting cannabis whilst pregnant and have been unable to find 1 solid reason why cannabis would affect a fetus. Its also a bit of a legal matter for them because without solid evidence they cannot suggest there are things going on if there isnt... this is because it is a cultural aspect of many different communities and would be considered a race issue.

It wasnt a decision i took lightly at all, i researched both cannabis and the drugs that i would be given by a doctor to stop my morning sickness (i literally could not eat, not having enough iron, fresh fruit and veggies in my diet is know to damage a baby and i was 2 steps away from being admitted to hospital) the drugs i explored were known to cause brain damage, physical deformaties in the baby and in the mother post-natal depression.

it was about making the right decision for me and my baby and i was not (regardless of wether it was 'legal' or not) going to put myself and my child at more harm when there was by all accounts a better way round it.

I would also like to add that when cannabis was banned as a treatment for morning sickness in the 30s, thalidomide replaced it. And we all know the damage that caused.

wow so many responses, I never took any while pregnant. I didn't want to run the risk of losing my baby. My friend smoked like a chimmney and I wouldn't even touch a fag. I can see alot of us have had different experiences.

xxxxx

This is quite a taboo subject, everyone will have their own opinions on it. Some will think its ok to take during pregnancy and some won't.
Some will take the research approach and some will go on ethics and morals.
I don't smoke anyway and have never tried. I don't need to research it to know if I want to pass it on to my baby. Like I said, I have seen lives ruined. If you are not supposed to eat soft cheese, drink alcohol etc I doubt weed is advised.
People have such a relaxed attitude about it but if their family member got a mental illness that ruined their life (and died young) and broke the heart of every person around them then I doubt they would feel so relaxed about it. If it can damage someone that much, I would not give it to my unborn baby.
I am not judging anyone that has done it, each to their own but its my opinion on it.

Sorry to go off topic there, hope it all works out corrinne :hugs:xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111