~~~*Wedding Thread*~~~

muppetmummy said:
Ellie...Your dress is beautiful! :D

I'm considering not bothering with favours. Whats the idea behind them anyway? When I've been to weddings before they've just been left on the table.

We're having organza bags with a few jellybeans in to use as weights for the helium balloons. They'll doble as favours I guess and people can just fight over them. I can't imagine the adults will be interested.

Thank you! I have it hanging in my spare room and cant help having a wee peek at it every now and then :D
Trying to find shoes at the moment - did anyone see the ones Louise had on in hollyoaks when she (nearly) married Warren? I would love a pair like that but cant find any in white :( Dune have the exact ones but the are ivory

http://www.dune.co.uk/catalogue/style.a ... A86SDS045V

wow, Ellie, you seem so super organised! and your dress is Amazing! I have No Idea where to start looking for a dress... coupled with the fact its hard to go dress shopping with a little one strapped to your chest (he hates the pram at the moment!)

Muppetmummy - thanks for posting the "what happens when" bit - got a bit of a clearer idea of what i need to do now (lol... ok, still everything!)

How are people planning on decorating their reception room? Are you doing it yourself or otherpeople doing it for you? Our wedding's late (5pm) so I guess I could do the decorating before hand, although I'm so super disorganised that might mean i dont turn up for the actual ceremony lol....

vickie said:
Do only women have favour bags then? i was just gonna put a bag on each place setting :doh:

Bloom...I gotta think of something thats gonna be easy to dispose of i guess.but yeah marbles is an idea.

And those choccys with a piccy of us on are a great idea...cheers for that :D

I think at all place settings is fine, the last wedding I was at all place settings had little organza bags filled with homemade tablet. yummy!

The chocs are such a sweet idea, I like the personal touch!

We're having miniature whiskys for the men (my oh insisted) and green and balcks mini choccy bars for the ladies

Im getting married at a small castle and there is not much of an aisle so i think it will be okay. :?

I forgot to say your dress is lovely. :D

MM i will probaly do favors but then im sad and love all this planning plus i have agesssssssssssss so need something to fill my time :rotfl:

Some people have favors for the men but it depends on your budget really. I would love to do a lottery ticket for everyone but i don't think i could afford that :lol: theres hundreds of things you can do have a scout round the web there are loads of personal touches that you can do that don't cost to much.

Like im having all the meanings of peoples names on there place card.
Name your tables after things that mean something to you and oh.

Oh and my maid of honour is doing a speech too :lol:

herbalhippie said:
wow, Ellie, you seem so super organised! and your dress is Amazing! I have No Idea where to start looking for a dress... coupled with the fact its hard to go dress shopping with a little one strapped to your chest (he hates the pram at the moment!)

Muppetmummy - thanks for posting the "what happens when" bit - got a bit of a clearer idea of what i need to do now (lol... ok, still everything!)

How are people planning on decorating their reception room? Are you doing it yourself or otherpeople doing it for you? Our wedding's late (5pm) so I guess I could do the decorating before hand, although I'm so super disorganised that might mean i dont turn up for the actual ceremony lol....

Ive ordered all the balloons,balloon weights,ribbon,table confetti etc off ebay...well cheap on there.My wedding isnt till 3pm and a few of my family members members are going to the hall in the morning to decorate the tables,they letting us in from 9am bless them so loads of time to do it.

herbalhippie said:

Thanks! It helped that I worked in a bridal store when we got engaged so i found it easy to pick mine, fell in love with it straight away :)
I would like to decorate our reception myself, i figured it would give me somthing to do and take my mind off the nerves the night before but im not sure our venue will let me :(

Sarah&Braydon said:
i was gonna do the same vickie lol! confused now

i need ur advice girls regarding bridesmaids, i already have my sister, and chris's 2 sisters, but i have this best friend and we have been friends since we were 8 and i would love her to be my bridesmaid, is 4 to many or should i go wiht my heart and haver her as B.maid to ??

also to those who have brought B.maid dresses from the shop, have they stayed at the shop right up till the wedding or do u take them away ?

Its ok...looks like its the norm so were safe lol

Why not have your best friend as your Maid of honour/chief bridesmaid...my best mate is mine.

Bloom said:
I love all the retro sweets you can get now too.

Is anyone having favors for the men?

Hello Ellie im having my dd who will be 2 as flower girl she will just be having a pretty dress and be in the pics i don't think dropping petals would go down to well :?

Little flower girls look so sweet! Not so much gently dropping them but chucking them at your guests? lol

Am i the only one having trouble keeping up with posts on here tonight lol

Ellie2705 said:
vickie said:
Ellie your dress is stunning...im so jealous.Im gonna be 8 months pregnant when i waddle down the aisle (brave i know) and there isnt a hell of a lot of choice for maternity dresses out there but i think i might go for this one

http://www.mamabridal.com/Amy-Maternity ... 16166.html

Ooh, thats lovely! Love the cross over bits at the front :)

Cheers Ellie..though i would rather have your dress lol

[quote="vickieIve ordered all the balloons,balloon weights,ribbon,table confetti etc off ebay...well cheap on there.My wedding isnt till 3pm and a few of my family members members are going to the hall in the morning to decorate the tables,they letting us in from 9am bless them so loads of time to do it.[/quote]

Ebay is great for decorations! Ive got a few things off there, and Confetti.co.uk too. Bargains!!

What date is your wedding Ellie...looks to be close to mine :D

vickie said:
Ellie2705 said:
vickie said:
Ellie your dress is stunning...im so jealous.Im gonna be 8 months pregnant when i waddle down the aisle (brave i know) and there isnt a hell of a lot of choice for maternity dresses out there but i think i might go for this one

http://www.mamabridal.com/Amy-Maternity ... 16166.html

Ooh, thats lovely! Love the cross over bits at the front :)

Cheers Ellie..though i would rather have your dress lol

It doesnt look as good on me as it does on the skinny cow in the picture! lol
You'll look gorgeous, all glowing and radiant!

Sarah&Braydon said:
Ellie2705 said:
We're having miniature whiskys for the men (my oh insisted) and green and balcks mini choccy bars for the ladies

i was gonna do that but it worked out to ex[ensive for us :cry:

Just gets loads of bags of sugared almonds to fill them hun,they look pretty and cheap and cheerful,think thats what im gonna do and spend the money elsewhere.

I would like to decorate our reception myself, i figured it would give me somthing to do and take my mind off the nerves the night before but im not sure our venue will let me

oooh.... talking about the night before, what's everyone doing the night before??? are you all shipping your OH's off somewhere for the night or will they be around? I'm not sure what we'll do... I think I'd quite like to have the night "alone" (with LO and probably my parents!) but I dont know if it will pan out that way... where OH would stay... I guess he could go to his mum's....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back