We are in hospital

Hiya girls. Ive not had a minute all day to update. The consultant seen us again and the SALT and dietician had asked her to prescribe omeprazole before going down the lines of the ng tube. I was wary and just wanted her to be taken in if im honest. Anyway, we just have to call the ward who have an admission on standby if she gets down to no milk then they will be forced to do something. The consultant was talking me through the tests they can do in 1 month once the omeprazole has had time to work. Sounds like if all these things fail then surgery will be an option to look at.
Shes now on 5mg of omeprazole. I gave her the dose. She was then offered 4oz of milk and took it instantly. I then offered her another 4 and it was gone in minutes. Michelle tells me it's often instant results but I dont want to get too hopeful. But OMG....shes never had 8oz in one sitting before?!!!!!! Whats that all about? Please lord let this work. Ive no tears left to cry. Im emotionally in a mess and physically done in. I really do have to live in hope.

So after a horrible start to our day it's turned out well. A few screaming fits later and 16oz of milk and a wee girl who told me she was tired before 8pm!!!!!!

Tomorrow is another day. Thank you girls for keeping me going. Between my pf friends and my amazing mummy I doubt id be still standing. Xxxxxxxxx

tapatalking

Glad shes had some milk today, heres hoping the omeprazole works!! Hugs!! Xx

tapatalking x

Hiya girls. Ive not had a minute all day to update. The consultant seen us again and the SALT and dietician had asked her to prescribe omeprazole before going down the lines of the ng tube. I was wary and just wanted her to be taken in if im honest. Anyway, we just have to call the ward who have an admission on standby if she gets down to no milk then they will be forced to do something. The consultant was talking me through the tests they can do in 1 month once the omeprazole has had time to work. Sounds like if all these things fail then surgery will be an option to look at.
Shes now on 5mg of omeprazole. I gave her the dose. She was then offered 4oz of milk and took it instantly. I then offered her another 4 and it was gone in minutes. Michelle tells me it's often instant results but I dont want to get too hopeful. But OMG....shes never had 8oz in one sitting before?!!!!!! Whats that all about? Please lord let this work. Ive no tears left to cry. Im emotionally in a mess and physically done in. I really do have to live in hope.

So after a horrible start to our day it's turned out well. A few screaming fits later and 16oz of milk and a wee girl who told me she was tired before 8pm!!!!!!

Tomorrow is another day. Thank you girls for keeping me going. Between my pf friends and my amazing mummy I doubt id be still standing. Xxxxxxxxx

tapatalking

aww Gayle thats brilliant! good on you wee DG. Fingers crossed she is going to be a wee piggy tomorrow and shock you with the amount of milk she takes!

although how pissed off are you gonna be if curing her problems was as simple as giving her omperizole?

my Dr said it was an option for me with Freya when she prescribed the ranitidine. Said its an adult medicine so she doesnt like prescribing it but if the ranitidine didnt work she would give me it..........
that was 1 appointment with 1 doctor....... x

That's great news Hun, instant result would be amazing! I really hope tomorrow is a day of no tears for you both! X

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Fantastic result! So pleased to hear it. Hope you both get a decent nights sleep tonight. Xxx

Fingers crossed this works!!!!! Wi be waiting to hear how tomorrow goes!!!xxx

:hugs:FX it goes well today. You're a bloody fantastic mummy and it WILL get better soon - keep telling yourself that and you'll get through it, my lovely xxx

Hey hon! How is this morning going? Got everything crossed (apart from my legs ;-) ) that the omeprazole is the final solution for her! I'd say, once she gets settled on it, maybe see you your mum can have her for a few nights to let you get your strength back up! Big hugs!!!XxX

Hi everyone. Daisy is responding to the omeprazole. Stewart says not to get too excited as she tends to do good for a few days and then falls back again. But this morning she had 1.5oz. Then 7 a few hours later and I gave her 5oz at 5pm. Shes having a sleep over with my mum tonight. First time in about 5 weeks. I'm bloody exhausted. Shes so much happier today tho. And we havent had the screaming fits when I have offered a bottle. So now of course I'm believing that it has to have been the reflux Turing my sweet beautiful girl into a screaming monster :( im sad that this could have bewn solved so long ago. I guess only time will tell if omeprazole is going to work. I just have such high hopes. Hopefully not setting myself up here for an almighty fall....but maybe....just maybe.

Again thank you to everyone for listening to me whine on. Sending lots of love to a special wee man and his mummy now its his turn to get better ~ come on Aaron get well soon darling boy xxxxxxxxxx

tapatalking

Glad that she has picked up today. And yeahy for granny sleepover!! Enjoy your night :) lets hope this is what she needs to make her better xxx

Thanks lolly. Mum just called and my heart sank when I seen her name. I thought she was calling to say she wouldnt settle or was screaming again. But mum said she is sat on the floor playing with her toys and is the happiest they have ever seen her :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Oh please please please let this be my wee smiler back to normal. Xxxxx
tapatalking

Oooo I really hope so honey!!! In the meantime enjoy the thought that she's happy at your mums and have some much needed rest! Sounds like you really need it.

I suggest a glass of wine in the bath then snuggle up in bed! X

Thanks spammy. Im having a glass of lucozade and 2 cocodamols. I still feel really crap. But my god it's just so lovely to know I dont have to do bottles or tend to her every need lol. Im watchinf some tv and then having a bath and bed. Letting oh sit at the table and ponder over new kitchen appliances. Ive picked everything else. Hes a sparky so can get on with the technical stuff. Wee tootypie has taken a total of 19.5oz of milk today big improvement. Phew. Its still not near Where we need her to be but the increase is fab!! Shes happy with granny and my mum says they are chatting about all sorts and playing with her new toys. Granny spoils her. Xx

tapatalking

Aww Gayle I'm SO happy to read she's getting better. I've always been so lucky that I have a boy who loves his grub so I can't imagine the stress you must've felt the past wee while. I have everything crossed that this is yous on the right path now. Harry sends you both a massive snuggle. He says he'll even share some of his purées with DG if she wants! ;) xxx

Aww Gayle I'm SO happy to read she's getting better. I've always been so lucky that I have a boy who loves his grub so I can't imagine the stress you must've felt the past wee while. I have everything crossed that this is yous on the right path now. Harry sends you both a massive snuggle. He says he'll even share some of his purées with DG if she wants! ;) xxx

Shes on the bus first thing Monday to harrys house! Lol. We arent pushing food at the moment. Just bloody happy with 19. 5oz!! Shes even gone to bed tonight without a mama mood. My mum says shes always had a half hour cry where she sobs "maaaamaaaaaaa" for me when i am not there. so granny calls it her mamma mood. Haha. All the crying breaks my heart. I m so bloody mad cause when they first diagnosed reflux I asked for omeprazole but was told it was too expensive so they offer ranitadine first. Well second to gaviscon which is useless.

Just changed our bed and having a bath. Cannot wait to cuddle in and even better lie in!!!!! Best saturday night in a long time even though I am so bloody ill. This has been some virus-if that's what it is. Just hope it's not triggered my. M.E off. Thats all I need. Xxxxc

tapatalking

Ah Gayle :) I'm so happy for you. It sounds like the Omeprazole is working.

I hope you've had a lovely relaxing evening and get some much needed sleep tonight and that DG has had a great time with her Granny :)

Shes on the bus first thing Monday to harrys house! Lol. We arent pushing food at the moment. Just bloody happy with 19. 5oz!! Shes even gone to bed tonight without a mama mood. My mum says shes always had a half hour cry where she sobs "maaaamaaaaaaa" for me when i am not there. so granny calls it her mamma mood. Haha. All the crying breaks my heart. I m so bloody mad cause when they first diagnosed reflux I asked for omeprazole but was told it was too expensive so they offer ranitadine first. Well second to gaviscon which is useless.

Just changed our bed and having a bath. Cannot wait to cuddle in and even better lie in!!!!! Best saturday night in a long time even though I am so bloody ill. This has been some virus-if that's what it is. Just hope it's not triggered my. M.E off. Thats all I need. Xxxxc

tapatalking

19.5oz is amazing!!! Go daisy grace! Mamma mood sounds so cute! (All tho I bet your mum doesn't agree hehe) what a cutie pie, missing he amazing mummy.
I hope you enjoyed your night off. I've yet to pluck up the courage to let Harry go overnight. I will get there soon tho. It will be good for us all.
How has your little beauty been today? Xxx

Glad things are on the up for you guys hon :) Hope she keeps on improving and you manage to get your happy little girl back xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back