We are in hospital

Oh Gayle it sounds like you are movig forward sweetie.

I thinking giving up fighting is a good idea ... That's what I did with Aaron and he very steadily increased his milk again which had gone done to like 4oz a day! It was a long process to get him back on full feeds but he did do it.

Look at the positives ... She's hadn't lost any weight! That's amazing. She's happy, she's sleeping these things are all good!

You are doing such a fab job, and if in the end she needs a Ng tube for a whole it's not the end of the world and it will take some of the stress and worry away!

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

As Tweety sed it sounds like progress will come albeit slowly u will get there pal and im always gonna be here to support u

If the worst happens and she needs to be tube fed at least u can relax an know that she is getting food even if its not the way u imagined it its not ur fault - mibbe E and Eva can show her with snacks that its gd to eat an she may just copy her _ i know you said you ate a half slevery rusk to show her but babies seem o take to babies xxx

She is a little enigma and you are doing so well! Hugs xxx

tapatalking

Proud mummy of Seren 15 Nov 2010 & Bethan 12 Oct 2012

I cant thank
u all enough for being there for me whilst ive been moaning and so stressed. We are still at the same point but I had an idea this morning to put a whole rusk in her 6oz bottle. She took 4oz from it so I was really pleased that she got some milk and food. Ideally she should be sittinf like a baby bird with jer mouth open amd me spooning it in but whatever works for now I really dont care. Shes so far had 10oz and what ever rusk she got. So this is good. I did however have the usual fight at lunch time. Took me 3 bottles of milk amd 2 hours to persuade her to drink. I kept offering but when she threw a strop I gave in. Eventually she must have took it to shut me up. I remember I used to do this to my mum. Honestly, should have called her karma. Shes asleep now. We have played and read all morning amd she slept whilst i watched the funeral.

The doetician has sent me a niyrqmigen cook book today for dairy free weaning. I read it with my cupa but at the moment it really does feel a million miles off. But hopefully we will get there.

Karen my mum said the same last night. Maybe travis and fletcher can show her its ok to eat/drink as she is obsessed with them and follows their every move. We will see. Mums taking her over night on saturday to give stew and I some peace. I have to admit I bloody cant wait. Feel rotten still and in need of a sleep. Xxxxxx

tapatalking

its really easy when you get in to a routine with the weaning hun!! just the first mponth where you're working out what she can / cant have!! Glad she had some milk and food!! Whatever works for you is the most important thing (I mean you and her with you btw) xx

Oh Hun I just read through the last page or so. You are certainly having a time of it :( I haven't got any advice that the other ladies haven't already said I just wanted to send big big hugs xx

Shes not impressed when I try to put a spoon in. And still fighting medicine!!

However. Shes had 16oz of milk today and some rusk! that 4oz more than yesterday! May seem silly but its a massive achievement. if she didnt fight as much it would be even better. Shes been good for me today. Ive felt even worse and we have spent most of today in bed. Which is where we are off to now. Xxxxxx

tapatalking

Well done, sweetie. FX it carries on getting better. Night night x

Gayle its all positive hun, she's getting there slowly.

Remember she is maintaining her weight at 10oz - so 16 is great!

Well done for being so great - give that lil Diva a cuddle from me xx

Thank you girlies. I honestly dont know where id be half the time without you all. I feel like nobody (bar you guys) understands me cause they have babies who love milk. Infact most of my friends and family have the opposite and cant keep their little chunks going. I cant wait for that day. Im confident she will catch up and grow to love food. Even although im a veggie I blooming love grub!! We have the speach and language therapist and dietician tomorrow at 2pm. I really look forward to them helping me. And ive told stewart he can return from his mums cause i really do need a real life cuddle. Little princess is fast asleep and ive just filled in her 18 year journal, well bits of it. Gosh I love my girl so much. This time last year we had just had the 12 week scan and i was sooooo excited to announce to everyone I was going to be a mummy, all be it a big surprise! Shes made me capable of so many different emotions I selfishly never knew was possible. Now I really do see why my mum worried herself silly over my terrible eating habits as a child. Shes just paying me back.

Onwards to tomorrow xxxxxxx

tapatalking

Ps tweety. ...we really do need a glasgow meet up soon as the bloody weather changes. Its blowing a hoolie oot there tonight. Id love to meet you and the gorgeous little aaron. Xxxx

tapatalking

Ah Gayle I've just been having a catch up with your thread. Congratz to you and DG getting 16 oz down :). I really hope this continues. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for u.

Good luck with your 2 appointments tomorrow.

Ah Gayle I've just been having a catch up with your thread. Congratz to you and DG getting 16 oz down :). I really hope this continues. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for u.

Good luck with your 2 appointments tomorrow.

Thank you! Its daft to feel this good about 16oz. But after the bloody struggles we have had of late its amazing! I remember a time when she took 35! Thats the most ever! :D they are both visiting at the same time in thw hope to see her feed in her own surroundings. However, I know daisy and I bet she will take it no problem when they watch! She really is a diva. Xxxx

tapatalking

Oh yes guaranteed she will drink no problems while they are there. Hhmm just a thought if they want to see what she is like normally is there any way u can video yourself trying to feed her? Or have you already done that?

And it's not daft hon, it is great. It's definitely something to smile over :)

Oh Gayle... What a time of it!
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what do the speech and language therapist do to help her?
Maybe she has been a little poorly :( hope she picks up soon.xxx

Violet we have videos. The consultant and dietician have seen it. They were amazed it was the same baby. I took it of my mum feeding her. I was sobbing in the back ground :( xx

Lolly they will check to see there is nothing physical stopping her from feeding. I already know there is no tongue tie but they can tell by her sucking and swallowing and latch of the teat if there is a problem. They work closely with the dietician too. Cause some times babies have issues with textures. Which dg defo has. She cant do purees of any nature yet and gags on even the runniest of a rusk. So they can often suggest things to help. Im told feeding problems are not uncomon in babies with severe reflux like daisy. Its very often so hard to wean babies with bad reflux. They are bringing me some kind of special cup to try too. A flexicup? Dunno what it is exactly, doesnt sound like I have one in her collection! Xxxxxxx

tapatalking

Aw hon :( hugs x I thought I remembered someone videoing their baby while feeding, but I wasn't sure if it was you.

I haven't heard of a flexicup either. I really hope they find something to help her.

Oh that's really interesting to know. Sounds like she is getting some good care.
I really hope she makes progress soon. I do think it will be slowly but the milk increase today is a good start.
The poor angel probably associates her bottles and milk, food etc with pain just now. So maybe it's about her getting over that.
Your an amazing mummy. Look how fab she's doing despite her problem :) massive hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back