Advice needed asap please..

Danti

Reaction score
Gracie had her first jabs today :( and was finally prescribed infant gaviscon! After a lot of its not reflux, it is, bf babies don't have it blah blah blah! Anyway my questions are can I use it with infacol? I've lost the infacol leaflet and forgot to ask the gp.. also how do I go about giving her the paracetamol prescribed? Before a feed? After? Before gaviscon and the like? Thanks in advance xx

I just read my infacol leaflet and there is nothing about what you can and can't take it with! Not sure if they helps?

I asked the doctor about giving gripe water with gaviscon and she said there was no point because the gaviscon does what the gripe water does. I'd imagine it's the same with infacol.

Not sure about the paracetamol though.

Thanks pinky, it says on the gaviscon not to use with any other stuff with thickening agents in and wasn't too sure if this applied to infacol xx

I wouldn't use the Infacol with gaviscon.. I stopped all other meds when I started Ellie on gaviscon and she had a great improvement on that alone.. Calpol id give before a feed in a syringe they tend to drink meds better when they are hungry :)
I hope the gaviscon helps!

It's like calpol I think ye.. well its liquid anyway lol and strawberry favoured :)

Thanks dustbunny but I use the infacol not because of colic but because it helps her pass wind a lot easier! Before using it, it was bothering her so much! Do you think the gaviscon would help with wind? xx

Yeah it should do.. Give it a go without Infacol and see how u get on for a few feeds x

Danti..... U really shouldn't need anything else with the gaviscon! My LO had reflux and slight colic and the gaviscon cured both! And u can give paracetamol any time!

Cheers jm, I will stop the infacol then. She's just had a feed without it as I wanted to make sure it was ok/not ok first.. so we will see how she gets on :D Fx the gaviscon does the trick! xx

I give my lo gaviscon and infacol. i did try just gaviscon but no help for us x

Crossing my fingers that it works for you hun.

As others have said it should help with wind.

Give it a few feeds to work don't give up on the first feed if it doesn't seem to help straight away... Took Ellie a days feeds for it to stop her screaming the house down after a feed! Good luck let us know how u get on xx

Last edited:
Well second feed with gaviscon and so far no sick! It's so weird! So used to her being unsettled for a good while after a feed and constantly bring milk back up its become the norm.. we even managed a Nappy change without any and she seems so much more settled, even got up a few hefty burps without the help of infacol, no up chuck after them either and that's when it's the worst! I'm so annoyed that I was fobbed off so much and feel so guilty and angry at myself that I didn't push more but just so happy that it's finally been recognised and hopefully will carry on working for her! She's sound asleep right now and she's never asleep at this time! Though that could be down to her jabs.. but still yay! No sick! xx

Ah that's brilliant!! So happy for u!! It's horrible to be fobbed off don't feel bad about it u pushed for it and u got results :cheer:

B started on gaviscon today too danti. I'm glad you posted as I hadn't even considered not giving infacol! I won't now. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

I asked the doc this & she said it's fine to use both as infacol is so gentle it can pretty much be taken with anything. Like the others have said though, you might find you don't need it.

Well so far so good without the infacol :D and the gaviscon is working wonders! Can't believe how bad she had it before, just never realised. Hopefully this will sort out the static weight gain she's had last couple weeks as well. She's only put on about 5oz in the last 3-4wks :( xx

Hey ladies sorry to crash your thread but im doing the gaviscon have been doing since monday and shes still throwing up but everything else seems much better does the sickness seem to stop eventully? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back