Sleeping Advise please! (long)

saffydreamer

Reaction score
Hello all, My Ava is almost 6 months old now and has become a terrible sleeper, i dread nightimes as i know its going to be a battle with her going to sleep and staying asleep last night i was up almost every hour with her, and then shes wide awake at 4.30 am! this has been happening for the past couple of weeks now, wheres before she was only waking once for a bottle of milk, She is eating very well milk and solids, so she isnt hungry (when she wakes up i make her a fresh milk and shes not interested) it seems its for attention and where im so tired i do pick her up, and soothe her she drops straight back off and when i know shes asleep i put her in cot, However sometimes she sobs when i put her back and i end up pacing the flat :(
Ive tried letting her cry for a little while but she gets in such a state i dont think its fair, My oh has put her to bed and shes the same with him and sobs until i give in, which i do as i hate to see her upset!
shes in our room in a swinging cotbed (which is fixed so it dont swing at the moment) do you think putting her in her own room will help??? i just dont know what else to try, she has been poorley with a cold so have been using saline nose drops before her milk! i dont think its her teeth as shes happy all day no trouble at all! Another thing is she cat naps in the day im lucky to get two 10 min naps all day, we have tried to wear her out in her door bouncer/walker bath playmat, i just dont know what else,
please help im soooooooooo :sleep:
thanks sleepy saffs xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi hun, dont really know what to suggest :? We put Maddison in her own room at 2 months and she has slept through ever since. She sleeps solidly from 7:30pm-8am without waking :cheer:
This is my routine:-

8am - 7oz bottle
8:30am - playtime
9:30am - nap for 20 mins
10am - playtime
11am - 7oz bottle + baby rice/porridge
12pm - We take the dog for a walk
12:30pm - nap
1pm - playtime
2pm - 7oz bottle
2:30pm - playtime
3:30pm - nap
5pm - 7oz bottle + puree
6pm - bath with lots of playing
6:45pm - into sleepsuit and 7oz bottle in her dimly lit nursery and straight into cot (she generally only takes 4/5oz of the bottle and she is asleep in seconds)
:hug: :hug:

aww hun so sorry that ur not sleepng.

Amber went into her own room after xmas and we did find this really settled her routine, we put her to bed at 6.30 and she drops off fine. it did take perseverence at first putting her in he cot and leaving her to cry for a while this was like an hour at first but with time she gies withn minutes.

does your LO have dummy to mayb self soothe? just an idea

hi hun i have same problem but she is only waking once or twice. she goes to sleep at around 7.30pm and wakes at 12am but just wants to be rocked to sleep and then wakes at 4.30am also (sometimes she does have a feed at this time) she is eating well and is on hungrier milk but nothing has worked. hv recommended putting her in her own room if possible and if i felt comfy with it as it may be her hearing me come to bed (about 11.30pm) my dd1 was sleeping through from 4 months and she was in her own room from 3 months onwards so i think own room is the next step for me.

xxxx

Hi, :wave:

Well I may join this thread too!!!

Maisie slept through for 2 days before her first injections and never again since.

I get woken up between 12 - 3 am when she wants a feed but she only wants a 4 oz bottle but because she goes to bed at about 7 she is wide awake and can talk for 2 hours before going back to sleep!!!

It is driving me crazy :doh:

The night before last she actually did her biggest sleep ever and didn't wake until 5.00am :clap: I didn't do anything different in the day and she didn't have as much food/milk as other days?!!? :wall:

Maisie is in our room as we are waiting to move so she can have her own room but I have now had about 6 months of little sleep and it is taking its toll.

I have tried keeping her up later at night but that doesn't work and I have tried dreamfeeding at 10.30pm but that didn't work. As she doesn't sleep a lot during the day she can only manage till 7/8 and then just totally crashes.

I need some :sleep:

I think what makes it worse for Maisie is that she learnt to roll over at 3 1/2 months and now continually wants to be moving, so she wakes up and decides to move around her cot and bang her hands up and down the bars.

:hug: :hug: :hug: thanks for all your replies, im so glad im not the only one!! had another horrible night.... :pray: hope it settles soon xxxxxxx

Absolutely no advice! We have sleeping problem ourselves :wall:

think I'll join too as Ash is just over 5 months old.

He still goes to bed around 9-10pm. On a good night he'll sleep till 4am, have a feed and then sleep till 8am.

On a bad night he'll wake at 1am, 5am and then wide awake at 7am!

When he was just over 2 months old he slept 10-7 for 3 weeks straight. Since then he hasn't slept through once!

They're an enigma aren't they? I heard it was a myth that you need to feed them more to get them through the night.

Since I've not gone back to work yet, I'm not too bothered as I'm only up once or twice in the night. But by June I really hope I can get him sleeping through.

K.xx

ahhh you are by no means alone! My little 5 month old is ruling the roost at the minute, going to bed knackered at 8pm ish most nights and awake again by 11pm, I sometimes dream feed her in the hope of a few extra hours... but doesn't seem to have an effect.

Usually she wakes about 3am, 4am, 5am before finally I give in and get her up at 6am. I usually try to get her back to sleep with shusshing and giving her a dummy, but this is resulting in me hardly getting any sleep.

Soo confused as we used to have a perfect little sleeper. Things have changed! :(

Am trying to introduce her to solids but she doesn't really bother with them. Just kinda tongue thrusts and spits it back out, and it usually results in her not wanting her next milk!!

What a dilemma we are all in!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back