Water birth

** stupid phone

I'm taking my tanki will prob just wear the top and have my barebum out.

Yes there thoroughly cleaned after every use x

Did you see the woman on OBEM who had an outfit planned for it!!

There's a new one just opened in our maternity unit, I'm hoping I get to use it.

Would anybody let OH in the pool with them? I've heard this is possible x

There's a new one just opened in our maternity unit, I'm hoping I get to use it.

I saw this! Was it the really quiet lady? She made it look so easy, I realllly hope I get a pool! Her outfit was really nice too!! Maybe I wouldnt wear make up in there though, looked a bit panda like by the end xxx

Ha... She really annoyed me :( I'm just jealous.. She did amazing. But her hubby would of done my head in!!!!! Majorly!!!!!!! Agh! And straightening her hair. Oh my!!! They were totally besotted on the little girl tho... Was so lovely to see :)
I seen a obem and was the woman's 5th I think and it just shot right out!xxx

I was my mums 5th and I just shot straight out too, my mum didn't have to push at all and no1 was in the room except her and my dad because the mw said it'd be ages yet lol.
I suppose after 4, it was like 5th Avenue down there and I could just come strolling out whistling lmao.

But thanks everyone for all the comments re: the birthing pool, I really want the pool and this has just made me feel so much better about my whole labour experience :) x

OH was just joking he'll bring his snorkel (this thread prompted me to tell him I am very interested in a water birth)

Bless my poor, niave OH is he thinks he'll want to see what is going on underwater :shock: :shock:

xxxxxxxx

I suggest caution with OHs getting in, as there is a high risk of poopies occurring int he area!

Hey I had a water birth with my son and gas and air. I don't know if my expectations were too high but I was dissapointed, it was lovely and helped with the pain up until the but where it was ready to push then it had no effect on my pain. Everyone has different experiences, if it's something you wish to try I would say to give it a go :) x

Hey, I'm sorry to invade your thread D: But I've always been interested in a water birth but I'm so confused as to whether or not people I'll be able to have one. I'm 18, I am overweight and my BMI is 30 or 31 at the moment :( I'm a size 18 and about 5 foot 8 so I've not got that on my side! But other than that everything is going fine with my pregnancy and I am 26 weeks + 2 today. When will I be able to discuss my options with my midwife because at the moment no one has said anything to me about my wishes for the birth- Ive made my own birthplan but I'm getting depressed because I don't want them to refuse it because my BMI isnt that great. I dont look massive and my partner is fully capable of lifting me should I need to be so I dont know :/

If I were you I'd just bring it up at your next appointment. I had my 32week appointment last week and its the 1st time birthing options have been brought up! So you'd prob be best to bring it up yoursekf, that way you know one way or another x

I had a water birth and it was amazing! She came out so calm and relaxed. The heat of the water was instant pain relief. Read my birth story and it'll tell you a bit about my delivery in water xx

I wanted a water birth badly, really had my heart set on it but my body stopped dilating at 4cm and I had to have the drip up, so I couldn't have one :( I feel like I really missed out, but I only pushed for 8mins and felt everything and my DD didn't cry, she just came out all alert and looking around her lol.
My point is, by all means have a birth plan, but please keep an open mind that it may not happen the way u plan it.
Hope u get the birth u want :) x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

I saw this! Was it the really quiet lady? She made it look so easy, I realllly hope I get a pool! Her outfit was really nice too!! Maybe I wouldnt wear make up in there though, looked a bit panda like by the end xxx

Yeah thats the one! I couldn't believe how calm and quiet she was! This is part of the reason I want a water birth, as it seems so much more relaxed. xx

Ha... She really annoyed me :( I'm just jealous.. She did amazing. But her hubby would of done my head in!!!!! Majorly!!!!!!! Agh! And straightening her hair. Oh my!!! They were totally besotted on the little girl tho... Was so lovely to see :)

Haha! Same!! Her OH was abit OTT! And my OH thinks he's a gay man in denial!! The way he was going on about her clothes etc!! Yeah, literally walked out! I'd love a labour like that, but know it will be far from it!! xx

OH was just joking he'll bring his snorkel (this thread prompted me to tell him I am very interested in a water birth)

Bless my poor, niave OH is he thinks he'll want to see what is going on underwater :shock: :shock:

xxxxxxxx

Awww! Tell him he'll need goggles too!! :lol:

I suggest caution with OHs getting in, as there is a high risk of poopies occurring int he area!

I have sort of approached OH about this, I asked him would he be bothered about basically being sat in my blood and fluids and he was like no it's not your fault, you won't be able to help it, bless! I guess he won't be too bothered about the poo, as long as it can be scooped out lol!! :blush: xx

I've been trying to decide whether to use the pool or not, my hospital doesn't have one but the MLU has 2 and the rooms they are in are lovely too! Big plasma tv's much to hubbys delight.

My worries are that 1- the midwifes can't see if the cord is around the baby's neck and 2- I know i'll probably poo and that will be sieved out but I'm more concerned about farting, they'd be loud in a pool and produce embarrassing bubbles....

I used the pool for some of my labour but baby had pood inside me so had to get out. I found the room very calm and much nicer than the other clinical delivery rooms but I don't think the pool did a lot for me other than relax me too much! I wanted to be moving about but being in the pool restricted this and I was falling asleep!
Don't worry about things "floating" around it'll be the least of your worries and once your oh sees your LO for the first time he will
Forget everything else x

I've been trying to decide whether to use the pool or not, my hospital doesn't have one but the MLU has 2 and the rooms they are in are lovely too! Big plasma tv's much to hubbys delight.

My worries are that 1- the midwifes can't see if the cord is around the baby's neck and 2- I know i'll probably poo and that will be sieved out but I'm more concerned about farting, they'd be loud in a pool and produce embarrassing bubbles....

They still check you regularly and use hand held mirrors to get a look if needs be (as seen on OBEM) X

I had a water birth with my second, was so amazing! So relaxed despite a very painful back labour and I pulled her from the water myself and was the first to touch her! Loved that.

As far as I know, partners aren't allowed in the tub with you, at the mlu I gave birth in they said that they have to say no to everyone (even if both partners are very light like we are) because it wouldn't be fair on bigger ladies who want partners in tubs and might be awkward telling them why. That might not be the same for all areas though? Xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back