Water birth

excited

Reaction score
Hi girls:wave:

After a visit to look at our hospital I am seriously thinking of a water birth - something I had never even considered before.

Just wondered if you have any experiences or opinions on this that might help make up my mind?

Thanks x

I was thinking about the same thing. Heard it takes a lot of the pain away, however you can get too comfortable so they have to try and get you out of it.

Also I think they cant give you epdierual (however you spell it)

i would love to have a water birth . my last labour i gave birth in a bath, the water was a great help. unfortunatly somebody was already in the pool at the hospital :( the bath was great they just had to empty the water before i pushed him out because it wasnt deep enough. but once i was in it, i didnt get out x

i got in the pool when i was having DD and only lasted 30 mins! wayyy to hot for me!! xxx

I haven't written my birth story yet, but I had a water birth with my little girl the Saturday before last and it was wonderful. I just had gas and air while I was in it and I progressed really quickly once my waters had been broken. It was very peaceful and calm and a much more enjoyable experience than when I had my little boy x

I had a waterbirth last year and it was great, my lo was back to back so i had awfull back ache and lots of pressure! the water eased the pain as soon as i got in, i was in labour just under 5 hours and only has gas & air for the last 2 hours when i have Another i'll defiantly opt for Another water birth xx

I had already written off waterbirth too, but when the midwife described it at the ante-natal class I thought it sounded great, now it's something I want to consider too. I am not sure what stage you'd actually get in the water though...obviously you've no idea how far away you are from delivering, you wouldn't want to be in there for hours i presume?!? Any ideas anyone? xx

My friend has had 2 water births, I def want one, hubby thinks it's weird and dangerous for some reason though! Men!

I am having one at home, they deliver it a few weeks before so you can get in it when uncomfortable, OH is thinking we will be having pool parties!

I really wanted to have a water birth but I ended up being induced so wasn't allowed to have one cuss had to be monitored all the time :(
I did spend a while in the bath tho, but I was already at 4cm when I got in lol so couldn't stay in long as they wanted to get me hooked up to the monitor

with first one I was in the bath a lot and it helped but due to complications I couldnt get in birthing pool had a c section. This one I definately want a birthing pool just remind your OH to take a sive!!!! ha ha and hes not allowed to wear his mankini ha ha x

The only thing that puts me off is the sieve

I had already written off waterbirth too, but when the midwife described it at the ante-natal class I thought it sounded great, now it's something I want to consider too. I am not sure what stage you'd actually get in the water though...obviously you've no idea how far away you are from delivering, you wouldn't want to be in there for hours i presume?!? Any ideas anyone? xx
The policy at our hospital is that you don't go in until you are at least 5cm and you can stay in for upto 6 hours at a time (i think that's what they stay)

The only thing that puts me off is the sieve
That put me off too, but you don't have to give birth in the pool, i'm intending to use it for the pain relief aspect but get out for the actual birth

I was originally really against the idea after seeing it on One Born Every Minute... But when I spoke to my MW she said that a lot of people just use it for pain relief and then get out, and she also said a lot of women say they'll get out, but end up staying in there the whole time.

I've booked a place on the waterbirth workshop at the birth centre where I want to have LO, so I can learn a bit more about it and then make my mind up

xx

I didn't have a water birth, but I did sit in one for a good few hours during labour and it was amazing, didn't feel any contractions or anything.

Labour lasted a long time though, when I got I was 4.5 and when I got out I was only 5 so whether it was the pool or not I dunno.

Highly recommended though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back