Birth after episiotomy.

Happyred

Reaction score
I posted this on tri 2 but didnt really get any replies, so guessing not many people have experience of it. I had an episiotomy when giving birth to my daughter 11 years ago, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if this will effect me giving birth naturally this time around. Any advice would be really appreciated thanks.

Hi Happyred, I also had an episiotomy with my daughter 19 months ago. At the time the doctor told me it shouldn't cause any problems with any subsequent labours and shouldn't make any dfference as to whether I need one this time around. Hope that helps x

My MIL had episiotomies with all 3 babies and everything was fine x

do you mean will if cause problems with delivery or will you need one this time because you had one last time?

I had to have one because i just wouldnt stretch enough n the needed me to get her out asap due to infection i had n couldnt wait to see if i would just tear with few more pushes so guessing f i had another baby then id need another one as i dont have stretchy bits lol so guessing it depends on the reason for urs iykwim

Hi hunni i had one with my eldest (nearly 13 yrs ago :shock: ) it didnt cause any problems when i had my second daughter 5 yrs after my first one, had a natural birth with only a slight tear that didnt need stitches xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back