Violet Crossley 11/11/2013 - Last member of our brood

Delighted you had a good time at the concert and your oh managed well in your absence, that's great. And well done on the weight gain! That must be so satisfying! I hope Violet starts to sleep a bit more for you at night time though, that must be getting really hard xxx

Thanks Rednursie! Getting out was bizarre and a bit stressful but once I'd heard from Chris that the feeding had gone ok I chilies out a bit. I've still got a couple of breast milks in the freezer so there might be an opportunity to let someone else feed her on a couple of occasions. Luckily I managed to get some sleep between 6am and about 8:30 and after the 8:30 feed, for about an hour.
Been to my first mother and baby group today. There were only another 4 babies there bad three of them were much older than Vi. She did make friends with another baby girl though and she enjoyed touching fingers and trying to smile at her. Think we'll try to go again after Xmas. :) xxx

So today (or should I say yesterday now!) I just tried to clear some of the backlog of washing. After lunch I decided it might be nice to go for a walk so decided to feed Vi first but we both fell asleep on the sofa. We set off a bit later than I had intended but went nonetheless. We were just walking to a park that's about a mile from our house. Half way there and it started raining. Stuck the rain cover on the pram and carried on going. My phone ran out if power and when I got to the park, the cafe was just shutting too :( Pretty miserable afternoon, weatherwise, but appreciate getting out for a bit of exercise even though I got a bit wet. About 3 miles isn't bad for a soggy wet Thursday. :)

Sounds like a productive day dotty. Bsd luck on the weather though. I had a similar day washing then met a pal with her baby and mad labrador. Weather was glorious sunshine here though :)

Well done for getting to baby group though, thats fab. X

As we know for different people they use different kinds of mobile phone signals. Just as the people around you like your friends, your colleagues, your family members and so on, they may use the different mobile phone signals as now there are various mobile phone signals from different companies and of which the frequency bands are also different such as the CDMA, GSM, DCS, PCS, 3G, 4G LTE and 4G Wimax. So in different conditions and circumstances people are in need of the mobile jammers that of different frequency bands. But if people are in great need of a mobile jammer via which they can decide the jamming frequency bands what kind of device should they choose? Of course, the adjustable cell phone jammer is the best for them in such condition.

?? Assume this is an accidental post on the wrong thread? xxx

Last night Violet had her last feed at about 01:30. A bit of time having cuddles before putting her down about 2am and I just woke at 6am. Feels like we're heading in the right direction, at least for now. Going to see if I can grab a bit more sleep before I have to wake Lewis and Morgan up for karate at 9am. xxx

Yeah Dotty, that's great-Deffo heading in the right direction! Hopefully this is the start of something! How long will you be on maternity leave for? Xxx

Thanks hun! 2:20am and just put Vi down in her cot. Fingers crossed for something similar to last night although I don't want to count my chickens. Done another 5 loads of washing today. Diddly squat drying outside today though so mounds of wet washing all over the house. Went out on my own to the supermarket today. It's a big deal getting out of the house on my own at the moment. Turns out my timing was impeccable! Chris went to change Vi's nappy and there was a poo explosion all the way up her back. He bathed her and put her in a new sleepsuit but as he was then on cuddle duty lucky old me had the delightful task of cleaning up all the pooey clothing. Mmmm!

Been a bit of a challenging day with our eldest son today being a unhelpful sod. He normally does a few little jobs round the house that he gets pocket money for but was refusing to do them today. It was bad enough that he had a tiff with his girlfriend yesterday and was taking it out on us then. Man, teenage mood swings are a pain!! Our youngest ceased the opportunity to make a few quid and did a good job and even made me a cup of tea, bless him. Think he's trying to get in the good books though after he got a detention at school last week! There was a bit of a stand off at tea time as OH told our eldest that he'd have to make his own tea seeing as he had done bugger all to help out all day and had been playing his guitar and listening to music for most of it. Man there's too much testosterone in my house at the moment. Thank god there are two women in the house now! xxx

Last edited:
Oh oops, forgot to say that I'm off until May. Got three weeks holiday stacked up so I'll have a few weeks pay to come which will be useful and take my start date until after the late May bank holiday. :) xxx

Had a really fun night with OH and my two lads playing Pictionary last night with Xmas songs on the tv in the background. Really will have to do stuff like this more often. Vi had her last feed finishing at 1:40 and went down shortly after. Just woke up at 7am. If she's not careful here, I'm going to end up spoilt! xxx

Bit the bullet. Off to the doctors today. Forgive the tmi but since a really bad constipation episode last week I've been getting blood when I go for a #2. There have been some small clots in it in the last couple of days so want to get it checked. Wondering if I've got an internal haemmoroid that's bleeding. Not how I wanted to spend Christmas Eve Eve! :(. Still got some presents to wrap up!! Feels like I'm never going to get them done and still got the Xmas food shop to do!!! xxx

Did you get you're food shop done, Dotty? xx

Yes thanks Sophie! It was manic though. Am going to have to see if I can get some salmon tomorrow morning as they were all out of big fish everywhere! Not only that but Violet has a hip scan tomorrow morning. Great having to go into the centre of Leeds on Xmas Eve (not!!!). Hope you are getting on ok? When do you start moving into your new place? xxx

I'm fine Dotty, looking forward to breaking up today Yipee! We move on 3rd Jan xx

Here's to a good few days off! Enjoy yourself! How exciting to be moving so soon. That'll be a lovely new start for your expanding family. :) xxx

Right seeing as I was up at 6:00am to feed Vi, I decided to bite the bullet and go to Sainsbury's to see if I could get the elusive salmon once I had managed to put her down again. I am now officially all set for Xmas day and we will be eating!!! :D. Not so looking forward to going into Leeds for Vi's hip scan. Might be easier to take the bus and pop her in my baby carrier! xxx

Not been on for a couple of days with all this Christmas malarkey. Xmas Eve, Violet was having nothing about going to sleep and ended up in bed next to me. It's times like this I'm really lucky to have a super-kingsize bed! Had a nice quiet family Christmas Day with my mum joining us as she's on her own. Managed to sneak in a glass and half of champagne at a suitable time. Was lucky enough to get Violet to sleep from 11:30pm until 5:30am although I didn't get to bed until about 2am rather stupidly. That's the longest stint we've had so far. Boxing Day and the in-laws were coming in the evening so Vi had cuddles galore and I hardly got a look in. Had a nice evening though. Violet went to sleep after a feed just after midnight and I woke at about 4:30 on my own accord. I could hear her shuffling a bit as she was sleeping in our dressing room. Went to check on her but she looked to be still asleep. Thought I'd leave her until I heard a few more mutterings but she must have gone back to sleep. Woke up at 07:45 by her chattering. OMG that's over 7 hours since her last feed! Hope that's not too long! :s She's just had a feed now and nodded off again. Not sure if this is a good sign or not. We've gone from 12 feeds a day to 7-8 at best for last couple of days. Hope she doesn't start losing weight again. Sounds like I need to have a word with the midwife at baby clinic at the next weigh in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back