Urgent advise needed for my friend, waters have broke at 13 weeks!!!!

vixxie77

Reaction score
She had gush of waters this morning, she is currently 13 weeks, she is at the hospital now. they have said that baby won't survive and she should take morning after pill to end pregnancy. However at 1.15pm today baby still had heartbeat. I thought that waters could reproduce, is this the case or is there nothing that be done??? Just seems unusual that they would do this as baby still alive?? Please help asap. Thanks x x

Last edited:
I vaguely remember reading a story about a woman who's waters had gone at 15 weeks pregnant and at 22 weeks the baby was still alive... after that i don't know what happened. Sorry i cant be much help, fingers crossed for her though x

It is possible for the waters to reseal. I personally wouldn't take it unless I knew there was no longer a heart beat as I have heard and look after people and babies whose waters went early and reseal but obviously there is a high risk of infection and premature labour even if they do.

Last edited:
Iv never ever heard of the morning after pill to end a pregnancy! Are they sure it's her waters?!?

I'm sorry for your friend :-( the statistics aren't great and they do worry about the risk of infection and it would also depend on how open her cervix is etc, every case is individual and different but I personally would want to hang on as long as possible to make sure there really was no hb... but maybe her situation is difficult in some way? I do wish her the very best though, sorry I can't offer any real advice but I didn't want to read and run xxx

Iv never ever heard of the morning after pill to end a pregnancy! Are they sure it's her waters?!?

I've also never heard of this? The morning after pill works like the birth control pill, it stops you from releasing an egg. I don't understand why they would suggest this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I've also never heard of this? The morning after pill works like the birth control pill, it stops you from releasing an egg. I don't understand why they would suggest this?

I read that it could also kill sperm and also stop a fertilized egg from implanting... i have never used any of them so i'm a little confused. Seems an odd way for the hospital to try and end a pregnancy.

I read that it could also kill sperm and also stop a fertilized egg from implanting... i have never used any of them so i'm a little confused. Seems an odd way for the hospital to try and end a pregnancy.

Maybe she's getting mixed up with the pill they would use to cause I termination...?!? I don't know much about it tho...xx

I just did a little online reading... you may be right Lolly... it's possible she means the abortion pill not the morning after pill. Either way i would wait on taking it if i were her, i would refuse it while there is a heartbeat.

Thanks ladies :) maybe she is getting confused about pill. She's told them she doesn't want to take it, they are keeping her in and have put her on antibiotics, so fx all will be ok, just have to wait and see x x

I just did a little online reading... you may be right Lolly... it's possible she means the abortion pill not the morning after pill. Either way i would wait on taking it if i were her, i would refuse it while there is a heartbeat.

Yeah... Think so! I'm the same as you... Wouldn't rush into anything! And these things an either work out or they don't... Wouldn't let anyone push me into a decision like that untill I knew all my options!
Horrible horrible situation :( xxx

Lets hope that baby keeps on going, what an awful thing to have to go through :( x

Yeah as long as there's a hb, I wouldn't take anything to terminate the pregnancy.

Hopefully there's something they can do for her, she must be so worried x

What a nightmare for her poor thing. I don't know anything about this, I also didn't want to read and run, but I agree with the rest of the ladies, I wouldn't be taking anything while that baby was still alive. I spoke to a Midwife this morning of 30 years experience and she said 'We don't know everything, and we are quite often surprised by things'....hopefully your friends baby will surprise all those negative people she's seen so far!

I wouldn't want to take anything to end the pregnancy unless the HB had gone.

Hope things work out for her x

I hope the baby will be ok! :( I def wouldn't terminate at this stage

Gosh, that's awful :( she's definitely done the right thing refusing the pill - miracles do happen and all that x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back