My sis is in labour waters broke 9pm Sunday

DaisyPurple

Reaction score
Hi girls I wanted to ask opinion on her predicament as I'm worried.. her due date is tomorrow
On Sunday night her waters broke and she went into hospital, they examined her and her cervix was closed so they sent her home she went in 9pm last night again and was given a pesary to start her off, she was having contractions all night and this morning at 10am was 1cm dilated she has had some pethadine, just heard now 5pm that she is still only 1cm dilated.
I'm sorry for sounding like a worry wort but surely once the waters are gone the baby is at risk of infection and will need to come out? Am I wrong in thinking this? I may be not as knowledgeable as I thought please could someone give me some ideas of if this is normal? Thanks girls x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I am no expert but I just thought if your contractions haven't started 24 hours after your waters go then they get you in and start you off, they also have you on antibiotics to prevent infection?

My S-I-L's waters went on a Saturday evening and she didn't have bub until the Monday morning - she had an epic labour!

Her waters went, but no contractions so she ended up being induced.

They were all fine in the end though! Try not to worry DP, your little neice or nephew will be here soon

xxxxxxxx

Dont you have a thing called hind waters? Different from ur proper waters? Hope shes ok xxxx

sent from my MiniPro using Tapatalk 2

I was in labour for a long time unprogressing like her and my waters went. After 24 hours I was given antibiotics and I think I was taken down to labour ward within 24 hours (probs less) of having my antibiotics. I only ever got to 5cm and had a section.

I'm no expert but it sounds as though the pessary hasn't worked and I would have thought they'd be looking at other ways of getting baby out now its been 48hrs.

Try not to worry, I'm sure they are fine and hope baby is here soon. x

Thanks girls I feel so useless up here and she's in London I really wish i could get some.help for.her its such a worrying time xx

I was induced 48 hours after my waters went, some hospitals leave you 48hrs as standard! They do start you off due to increased risk of infection but they will be fully prepared with antibiotics and stuff hun :)

Sorry to head she's having a tough time :( fingers crossed baby starts to play ball!! They may now give her the drip if the pessary hasn't worked xxx

She now in the delivery suite thank god.. a long night ahead me thinks xx

fingers crossed its a quick one for her x x x

Girls .. the baby is here a little girl 8lb9oz on her due date by emergency c section at 4am this morning mum & baby on antibiotics after a hard time but both here to tell the tale I'm so relieved and thrilled to have the news xx

Yay to a beautiful little baby neice DP!!

Sorry your sister had such a hard time but it is all worth it hey?

Bet you cannot wait to meet the little lady? Let us know when she has a name :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yay at least she got here safe and mamma is safe too:)

My friend's waters broke on the monday and they didn;t indcue labour until the Thursday so I think it varies whereever you go :)

So pleased to hear baby and mum are well, congrats on your baby niece :) xxx

Thanks lovely ladies I'm.about to.post a pic in.my journal xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER