Urgent advise needed for my friend, waters have broke at 13 weeks!!!!

Oh no I am so sorry for your friend hon :( I have never heard of waters replenishing but really hope this is the case for your friend. Keeps us posted xx

I wouldn't take the pill all the time there was heartbeat. The fluid can replenish itself but If she had big gush already she may have lost quite a lot meaning baby won't have much to grow in. But if slow leak then may have time to build back up. My waters went at 21 weeks and they asked of I
Wanted to terminate, it's all to do with the 24 week viability mark. X

Hope your friend and baby are okay, what a horrible situation to be in. x

Thanks again ladies :) She's actually 15 weeks, I got it wrong, so possibly a bit more hopeful, they are going to rescan her tomorrow, so will see what happens x x

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for her and the lo, what an awful time it must be for her :(

oh no. let us know Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

This is exactly what happened to me in 2005. My waters broke at 14 weeks but the baby was absolutely fine. I was monitored and scanned for the next 2 weeks as they told me that the tear can reseal and the waters replenish. My baby never died but the waters never replenished either. I was told I could continue with the pregnancy but that the baby would most likely either be severely disabled due to there not being enough room for the baby to develope properly or that the baby would die at birth due to underdeveloped lungs caused by the lack of water, that's if it actually had continued to survive during the pregnancy. We thought long and hard about the options and we decided that we didn't want to prolong the babys suffering and made the agonizing decision to 'terminate' the pregnancy. I was given tablets to stop the babys heart beating then I went into hospital, was induced and gave birth to my baby. It was heart breaking at the time but I've never regretted the decision we made and we've gone on to have 2 more beautiful children.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

This is exactly what happened to me in 2005. My waters broke at 14 weeks but the baby was absolutely fine. I was monitored and scanned for the next 2 weeks as they told me that the tear can reseal and the waters replenish. My baby never died but the waters never replenished either. I was told I could continue with the pregnancy but that the baby would most likely either be severely disabled due to there not being enough room for the baby to develope properly or that the baby would die at birth due to underdeveloped lungs caused by the lack of water, that's if it actually had continued to survive during the pregnancy. We thought long and hard about the options and we decided that we didn't want to prolong the babys suffering and made the agonizing decision to 'terminate' the pregnancy. I was given tablets to stop the babys heart beating then I went into hospital, was induced and gave birth to my baby. It was heart breaking at the time but I've never regretted the decision we made and we've gone on to have 2 more beautiful children.

Thank you for telling me your story hun :hugs: So sorry for what you went through x x

Thank you for telling me your story hun :hugs: So sorry for what you went through x x

Sorry, totally forgot to say that I hope your friend is ok and fingers crossed that everything is ok with her baby too xxx

my friends waters went at 14 weeks and her baby is now 7 this year, please tell her to hold on its a struggle but worth it if baby survives, her baby was born 7 weeks early but thats nothing nowdays is it
good luck to your friend and big hugs x x

My friends waters went at 17 weeks. Sadly she delivered her baby last week at 23 weeks and unfortunately she didnt survive very long. I hope your friend goes on to be ok xxx

My piece of shit galaxy ace

Thinking of your friend, hope everything goes well for her, glad she didn't take the pill yet, some people feel pressured to do things just because they are told to so i'm glad she's standing up for herself, I wouldn't take it either. xx

Unfortunately she started to bleed yesterday morning, they offered her the option of a scan or the pill and she decided to take the pill. I think she felt that she was losing the baby and just wanted it to be over :( She delivered the baby in the afternoon and was able to hold it for a while.

Thank you all for your messages and advise x x

Last edited:
This is so horrible, my heart goes out to her and her family and of course her little angel. RIP

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh how sad, so sorry for your friend :hugs:

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Oh thats so awful... Horrible horrible experience... :(

Oh that is so terrible! I'm so sorry for ur poor friend. RIP little soul xox

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member