waters breaking question

kristal

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry for the dumb question (I have only ever seen my sisters waters break once) but when your waters break can they be like a really really slow trickle (not really noticeable, feel a tiny bit wet and damp down there) or are they like a big gush?
Reason I ask is I got out of the bath last night and went to bed, but after a bit after I had thought I had dried I noticed that I was dry down there and then I would be a little wet down there, and like a little trickle was running down (plus I had a few pains) and this morning it is much the same, can anyoe advise please?

I am due in 13 days

Thanks

sounds like it could be your waters going hun,best to phone your midwife so she can check for you,hope things happen soon :hug: xx

I had that with my first baby and it sounds the same. It will trickle out every time you stand up. Definetly go and get it checked out as they can test easily if its your waters or not.

It can be a gush or a trickle. I never experienced a trickle though, mine was a gush!

I had a trickle. Went on for about a day until the last bit gushed. If it keeps coming when you move or stand up then it's your waters leaking hun! Exciting :cheer:

So once they "go" you keep leaking??

I got really worried the other night as I sneezed 4 times in a row and after the 4th one I felt a "gush" I went to the loo and wiped etc... no blood or anything just water... but I didn't need to pee.

I put it down to a little stress incontinence :oops: but in the back of my mind I have been thinking about my waters breaking.. If they had broken would they still be leaking?? I have had no other symptoms apart from this! lol I am so embarrassed now!! :oops: :oops: :?

If u ever think ur leaking even the smallest amount get it checked out!
mine was a trickle at 6am, i rushed to the loo coz i felt 'wet' like i was weeing myself slightly, and sat on loo for 30mins just trickling lol...it didnt click it was my waters!! i feel so silly thinking about it! i was only 5days early lol! called my mum at 7am asking if it was my waters, even after using a whole roll of loo roll and clogging OHs nans loo! :oops: :oops:
Id go get checked out honey they do a simple test. or u can buy some home ones online for emergencies? but dont wait if u think ur leaking!

If they have broken generally they will still leak. IF YOU LAY DOWN ON THE BED AND YOU CAN FEEL WET COMING OUT i'D SAY THAT'S A GOOD SIGN OF WATERS BREAKING. iT IS COMMON TO SNEEZE AND JUST PEE A LITTLE THOGH DON'T WORRY.

sorry just realised that was all in caps :oops:

it wasnt my waters (I didnt get it checked :oops: ) it seemed off and on for a couple of days and not sure whether it could be a infection (sorry if TMI) or after a bath I cant dry properly.

Going to see midwife soon and I have two antenatals coming up so I should know what is going on then (unless baby is born first!)

Thank you for the info

Hope u know whats going on soon hun, if u leak any more please go get cheked out :hug:

just a quick update, today had a lot of visiting to do and at one friends house I felt something different, the only way to describe it was that it felt like something was 'squirting' :oops: out of me, I went into shock a little and wondered if it could have been my waters but when I managed to check it wasnt anything like a show or waters really, it was like a milky, creamy (I am very sorry for this) texture.

Again I didnt call midwife as I just went into shock and autopilot thinking that maybe it was waters breaking, so I am going to call her out tomorrow and hopefully :pray: everything is fine, I have felt the baby moving about a bit which has been a bit of relief I am jut hoping that nothing has happened for me to get a really bad infection over last few days.

Lyndsey said:
So once they "go" you keep leaking??

I got really worried the other night as I sneezed 4 times in a row and after the 4th one I felt a "gush" I went to the loo and wiped etc... no blood or anything just water... but I didn't need to pee.

I put it down to a little stress incontinence :oops: but in the back of my mind I have been thinking about my waters breaking.. If they had broken would they still be leaking?? I have had no other symptoms apart from this! lol I am so embarrassed now!! :oops: :oops: :?

yes you keep leaking...mine started as trickles, then 1st set broke, i kept trickling then they broke more at the hospital and i felt even more gush out every time they did an internal. :puke: not nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back